Start by marking “Named and Shamed” as Want to Read:
Named and Shamed

Named and Shamed

Once upon a time, a naughty girl called Tansy stole a very precious manuscript from a kindly antiquarian. But all of the world’s ancient and powerful magic, lost for centuries, has returned...and now there is much more at stake than a few sheets of parchment.

Thus begins a rude and rugged fairy tale, the likes of which you NEVER read when you were little! Poor Tansy is led
Published May 18th 2012 by Sweetmeats Press (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Named and Shamed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Named and Shamed

Mike
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got a kick out of this book, 5-stars.

The basic review stuff is that it is written very well, the characters are alive, and the scenes flow seamlessly from one to the next. The writer has quite and encyclopedic knowledge of European myth and folklore. Note: it has human reproductive themes, lots of them, many of them, did I say lots?—in every conceivable way, shape, and form, and with same said creatures, beasties, spirits, and people. And it all works, the writing and storytelling wrap everyth
Jennifer Glick
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Faries, monsters, witches, roan trees, exhibitionism, dungeons (both the prisnon and bdsm kind), otherworldly bodily fluids and really hot paganism; what the hell more could you want? Oh yeah, illustrations. This is perfect for all the nerdy fantasy pervs in your life and the writing's quite nice too.
Miss Lily Hastings
Well Holy Fuck......!

If you are looking for a book to completely saturate your smutty mind then can I suggest that you look no further. WARNING>>> If you are looking for a lovely cosy romance though, this probably isn't your bag, at all! Looking for an incredible BDSM buster... then this is certainly the novel for you!

Named and Shamed by Janine Ashbless is marketed as "A dark and dirty illustrated erotic fairy tale" and my God, is it pure filth..... and I LOVED IT!

Once upon a time, a na
Kathryn
Maybe I wasn't in the right space in my head but I didn't enjoy this book like I should have. I love kink and BDSM but this book was over the top. It was a total fv⍧k fest. All of the reviews that give it five stars are correct in how they describe the quality of the writing and the content but I need a little more space between sex scenes, time to breathe and regroup. If you need some quality erotica to go along with your BOB this is the book. You can jump to just about any page and within two ...more
Cara Sutra
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Warning: This is the hottest book you will read this year.

Seriously. I am still in shock.

A colourful blend of the worlds of fantasy, myth, folklore and a dash of reality, Janine Ashbless uses all the powers of her astonishing imagination to bring you the most debauched tale of sorcery and depravity you're ever likely to read.

I really didn't have any clue what I was in for when the lovely people at Sweetmeats Press sent me Named and Shamed to read and review. Yes ok, the cover states Warning! Exx
Midnite
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy erotica fans
Recommended to Midnite by: Sweetmeat press
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of Named and Shamed which I was so looking forward to reading as this was my first footsteps into the world of fantasy erotica and I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't know how fairies and goblins were going to work with an erotic book; can it really be done and made believable and most of all can it really be sexy? Plus It is also my first book I have read from Janine...but oh my what an incredible read.
I'm a complete convert for erotic fantasy no
Terrance Shaw
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By now a bona fide erotic classic, Janine Ashbless’ 'Named and Shamed' is a relentless, orgiastic tour de force, a groaning board of pansexual delight unencumbered by the sort of repetition or slacking off in intensity that dooms so many full-length erotic novels. Drawing broad inspiration from Gaelic folklore and pagan myth, the story begins with the theft of a priceless imaginary manuscript, the unexpurgated first draft of Christina Rossetti’s 'The Goblin Market', obtained through a cynical ac ...more
Rachael Carter
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book through library things and in return I am to give an honest review.
with that said I have no clue how to even review this book. raunchy, twisted, highly sexual, out of normalcy would sum it up I think. what I just read was out of this world for sure.
please do not even open this book if you are not into highly sexual books. It's not a form of sexual like 50 shades of grey. It's more mythical (maybe).
Sommer Marsden
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 review to come...
Deb
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This was a good crazy book but I felt that it went on too long and that the sex became extremely repetative.
Annabeth Leong
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ Many thanks to Sweetmeats Press for providing a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

Tansy has a degree in anthropology, Comparative Folklore to be precise. It’s probably one of the worst degrees you can get when it comes to job availability, but lucky for Tansy the fairy folk, or Them There as it’s better to call them, came back from wherever they had disappeared to and Tansy suddenly had a hush hush job with the government and money to live on. It’s on a job for the H
Mj
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
This starts out as a great book, and it's very enjoyable to read an erotic book that has been well researched and doesn't adopt a clichéd context.

I loved this book and it was looking good for a five-star review until the last few chapters. However, towards the end there were two things that took the gloss off for me. The first was (view spoiler)
Tilly Hunter
Sep 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A no-holds-barred descent into the most filthy and degrading sexual acts imaginable, with each fresh round of shame for the heroine soon being trumped by something even more debased. Fantastic!

I’m always impressed when an author can take a classic text and subvert it for the purposes of filth. Ashbless starts off with Christina Rossetti’s Goblin Market, positing a lost version which is a lot less prudish and cautionary. The tasting of the goblins’ forbidden fruits becomes a parallel to Tansy’s f
Steff
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brit-babes
A picture book for naughty adults. This story is fantastic with the cross between reality and fantasy it really keeps you guessing what may happen next. The illustrations that accompanied the amazing story were so amazingly detailed and really bring your imagination to life. After I raved about the book my boyfriend decided to read it as well and he loved it even though it was a bit weird (his words)
Jo Wolf
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kinky-reads
The euphemisms used in this book weren't always my thing, but this book has some really powerful scenes, and those made more than up for it. Kink factor is rather high.
Rachel
rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2012
Anj
Oct 14, 2018
ZordeeKat
Jan 31, 2018
Janine Ashbless is a British author of erotica and hot romantic adventure. Janine likes best to write paranormal- and dark-fantasy-themed fiction and has a lifelong interest in mythology, folklore and history.