Start by marking “Charming Academy (Charming Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charming Academy (Charming Academy, #1)

Charming Academy

(Charming Academy #1)

Growing up is hard enough for anyone, but for a boy destined to be the Prince Charming of a fairy tale it's an absolute nightmare. Attending Charming Academy you not only deal with the normal aspects of youth, but there are sarcastic dragons, vindictive witches and your princess hates you. Will Lucian survive school and become the prince his parents believe him to be? Join ...more
Published February 9th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Charming Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming Academy

Start your review of Charming Academy (Charming Academy, #1)
Kristen Kooistra
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charming Academy was an enjoyable with a few ups and downs, but overall it left me with a good feeling and I’ve already added the rest of the series to my reading list.

This is a large book that takes on the challenge of writing a story in a fantasy school setting. A popular setup to be sure, but Charming Academy has a whole different take than other fantasy school stories.

When you realize that the 500 pages holds 6 years of Charming school, the size becomes “small.” While most autho
Kimberly A.
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I first picked up this book in October of last year. Since then, I have read it four or five more times but it’s taken until now for me to sit and write a review instead of just continuing on with devouring the rest of the series. I originally thought this would be a children’s book that might or might not hold my attention. However, this book absolutely surprised me in the best of ways.

Plot – A-

Prince Charming Academy is the first of a fairytales retold series. However,
Abi
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fairy Tale Lovers
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how it had all six years, and I felt like that made the story a lot more interesting. Lucian was awesome, and Kaelan, Adrian, Moira, and Allegra were cool too. George is my second favorite, and I look forward to reading the book dedicated to his quest. Overall, I spotted very few typos and errors, and the plot and characters were good. Charming Academy kept my interest, and I will definitely read the books about the quests.
Denae Christine
Reader thoughts: I liked the idea of boarding schools for future princes and princesses before they go on quests (aka, get stuck in fairy tales). Some of the classes were good ideas (amphibian studies for the prince slowly turning to a frog, dragon fighting, etiquette, etc). The whole set up requires some suspension of disbelief (princesses transported to dangerous places, possibly to never be rescued, princes and princesses fated to be together from day 1), but it fit the whole fairy tale theme.
Julie W
Aug 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my nephew's wife's book she self published. You can order a hard copy through Amazon. My Mom let me borrow her copy. I'm really enjoying it. My 11 year old son (reluctant reader) read part of it (it's a thick book with small print so his teacher counted the first 10 chapters as one book) and he likes it too. I'll tell you more about after I finish it.

Update: finished the book. Can't wait until she writes the sequels so we can find out about each of the quests. If you like Sha
Aurora
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
I love how clever the author was explaining the truth about the fairy tales we all have grown up with. I love all of the characters and can't wait to read the second book. I still have many questions about the characters and their stories, but I bet they will be answered in their own book in the Charming Academy Series.

When my mother mention "Charming Academy", I was having bad thoughts about it being a cheap knock-off of explaining that fairy tale princes and princesses go to school
Mike McAdam
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book free in a goodreads giveaway...*

...and proceeded to misplace it. Once I found it, I dove right in. I loved this book! At first I thought it was a Harry Potter knock off (supernatural-themed school for teenagers) but it got its own personality very quickly. I found this book, for lack of a better word, charming! The characters are fun and memorable and the plot is a lot of fun. I have a few gripes (though nothing bad enough to make it any lower than 5 stars): a f
Dusty Holloway
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best. Book. Ever.

This book has blown me away with it’s world building and depth- the author handles multiple characters’ intricate storylines with finesse and beauty. The relationships are real- nothing perfect or over glamorized. The pacing is wonderful and the story an amazing retelling of a classic idea. This book is very wholesome and heartwarming and I cannot wait to read the next.
Kath
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a bad habit of eating a book and moving on, but the creative approach that was written in this book inspires more. The inside view of what Prince Charmings must overcome, and the dilemmas they have when they act like normal teens, not to mention the view of the damsels in distress, was a blast to read! Thank you Ms. Elliott for sharing your creativity.
Debi
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different look at fairy tales

This was a fun book. A little bit fairy tales. A little bit Harry Potter, but kinder. Dragons, fairies, witches and a group of kids you'll learn to love. This would be a good book for pre teens. But this grandmother enjoyed it too.
Devarloshotmail.Com
Purity, beauty, positive.

This book is so moving, and inspiring for every one. It gives hope that there is still purity, light, love. This book moved me very much. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.
Kenneth Ing
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where Fairy Tales Begin

I wish I had read or had this read to me in my youth...All my fairy tales and questions in one place.
Karen
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable perspective on the training of the fairy tale Princes. And how the mistakes and punishments shaped their quests
Brigitte
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good read. Still love the characters. So anxious for next book. Can't get enough of this series. Must read series. Well written.
Lizard :)
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was lighthearted and enjoyable! I love all the characters and the multiple story lines.

There are a lot of names though, so I’m often getting them confused. Oh well, I don’t really mind.
Kristi Cramer
I loved this book. It is very well written, and brought me to tears (of joy and sadness) on more than one occasion. I loved how it followed the wonder and angst of being young adults who are expected to fulfill their destiny by having the character of "prince charming" or "fair damsels" in a fairy tale world come to life.

The dramas the students went through felt very natural, even if it was angsty. I'm generally not a fan of angst. Some YA books I've read the angst feels forced, but here the eb
Sondra
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It kept me from getting my housework done because I kept wanting to read "just one more page" to see what would happen next. My husband and 16 year old son also enjoyed the book. I can't wait for Jessica's next book to see what will happen with Adrian & Allegra's quest.

Jessica does a good job of winding together several subplots and adding information that will be useful to the reader as the story unfolds. Her characters are easy to relate to and will keep you smiling, la
I think Jess did a really great job on her first book. The idea was unique and intriguing. I admit a little trouble getting into it, and it was kind of slow, but I enjoyed it over all and am excited to read about the quests of the characters. I'm been thinking about them a lot since finishing the book, mainly attempting to forgive out which fairy tales will line up with George and Jacobi's quests. I really love the characters. They were very realistic and well-rounded.
Jonathan Elliott
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jonathan by: Jessica Elliott
Good so far. The story shows how the Prince Charming of Fairy Tales went to school to prepare for that. The beginning of the revision, what is now available, moves much quicker than the original release; much better. I can't wait to read the sense of what happens to Adrian and Kaelen. I'm also looking forward to the scene with Lucian and Draconus' mother.
Chrissy
I really wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did. The characters were so realistic, and I got so attached to them. So much so that I was bawling my eyes out in year 5. Then I get to the end of the book, which came way to soon, and realize that I have completely forgotten that the babysitter was telling the story. I absolutely loved this book and can not wait to read the next books.
Olivia
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a great first book and with time and experience, they will only get even better. The stories were captivating and it was a wonderful experience to see it from the point of the Prince Charming. The only thing I would change is the fast pace of covering so many years in one book.
Katherine Gilraine
If you've grown up with fairy tales and if you have been an inquisitive child and asked how the princes always knew exactly what to do...well, you have your answer right here. A story for all ages, relatable on every level, sarcastic dragons included.
H.S. Contino
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. I thought that it was an interesting spin on the fairy tale world. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Tena
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, paper-back
This was so cute! And so much fun looking for the original fairy tales.
Shantell
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great take on the prince's view of how fairy tales bein I am so looking forward to reading the next few.
Eliza Rice
Feb 23, 2018
Laasya
Oct 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Summer of Spies (Belle Bright, #1)
  • A Diary of a Private School Kid
  • The Mysterious Garden (Rebekah - Girl Detective #1)
  • A French Girl in New York (The French Girl #1)
  • The Extraordinarily Ordinary Life of Cassandra Jones: Walker Wildcats Year 1: Episode 1: The New Girl
  • Rattles, the Barn Cat Misfit
  • Angels Club (Angels Club, #1)
  • Del Ryder and the Crystal Seed (Del Ryder, #1)
  • Greyson Gray: Camp Legend (Greyson Gray Series, #1)
  • UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)
  • The Calling (Defenders of the Realms #1)
  • This Girl Named Amber (Seeking Heart Teen, #1)
  • Nothing But Blue Skies (Seeking Heart Teen #2)
  • Raining Down on Me (Seeking Heart Teen, #3)
  • Just Us Girls: A Bible Study on Being God's Girl in Middle School
  • Soaring Flame and the Dragon-transcending Magimal (Code of Rainbow, #1)
  • Mermaid Kisses & Starfish Wishes
  • Kings of Asphalt (Club Chrome, #1)
For as long as she can remember, Jessica L. Elliott has been telling stories. As soon as she could grasp a pencil she began writing those stories down. Reading fueled her imagination, as did spending time with her five younger brothers and sisters. Everything was an adventure, something to be treasured and stories were her first love. Jessica began seriously writing in high school and continued in ...more

Charming Academy (6 books)
  • Finding Prince Charming (Charming Academy, #2)
  • Prince Charming's Search (Charming Academy, #3)
  • Becoming Prince Charming (Charming Academy #4)
  • The Ultimate Prince Charming (Charming Academy #5)
  • Prince Charming's Quest