Start by marking “Due or Die” as Want to Read:
Due or Die

Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  3,352 Ratings  ·  417 Reviews
What is the original meaning of the word clue? Answering tricky reference questions like this one is more than enough excitement for library director Lindsey Norris. At least until another murder is committed in her cozy hometown of Briar Creek, Connecticut. Carrie Rushton, the president of the Friends of the Library, has been accused of murdering her husband. The evidence ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 310 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Center Point (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Due or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Due or Die

James
After a good start with book 1 in the series, I was excited to see how the story set off... it's a fun series, and I will continue to read it. In this one, it's all about board elections, weather and the murder of the new president's husband. We know she didn't do it, but who did? Lindsey is back at it again. What's good about this setting is it takes place in a library, so you always feel warm and fuzzy reading the side stories. The people who work there with Lindsey are incredibly different. I ...more
Christa
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
I thought this one was entertaining and fun. I really like the characters that McKinlay has created for this series, and of course, as a book lover, I couldn't ask for a better setting than a library. I really enjoyed the interaction between Lindsey, Beth, Nancy, Sully, and many of the other great characters. The storyline in this one caught my attention right away, and I was swept up completely in the story.

Right after Carrie is elected as the new head of The Friends of the Library, her unpleas
QNPoohBear
When Lindsey Norris is asked to sit in on the elections for the president of the Friends of the Library Committee, she has no idea what she's in for. Bill Stint, a wealthy elderly gentleman, has been president for a very long time and does not take it kindly when sweet nurse Carrie Rushton is unanimously elected. He blames Lindsey, as does Marjorie Bilson, a local woman who has been in love with Bill forever. Marjorie's antics leave Lindsey wondering whether Marjorie is a few pages short of a bo ...more
Barbara
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cozy
Cute cozy. Love the fact that the heroine that does not think and act as if she is better than professionals at investigating the murder. Yes, she does go off and question people; not always subtlety - often too forthright. But at least she tries to have a reason to talk to these people other than to question them; not at all like some cozy heroines who think they just have the right to walk into someone's home or business and question them.

I also like the supporting story of Lindsey's "fosteri
Melissa
This series is FANTASTIC! I love the characters and the setting and the plots and mysteries of the first two books in the series have been extremely enjoyable. There have been laugh out loud moments in both books and I love the developing relationships of some of the characters, which accounts for some of the most humorous moments. The "crafternoon club" is a fun element to the series as well. There is has been only one or two minor cusswords which I appreciate as someone who doesn't cuss. It's ...more
Marion Hogervorst
Being a librarian myself, I can relate to Lindsay and envy her job. But having read many cozy mysteries - and also many way worse than this one, I admit - I still give it 2 stars. When a mystery is not a mystery because you see events happen way before Jenn McKinlay wrote them, the fun in trying to solve the murder is gone. It was an enjoyable but predictable read. Nice for a few hours of mindless reading.
Jessica Robbins
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For complete review check out my blog at https://booksaplentybookreviews.blogs...
KarenF
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, cozy, kindle
Jenn McKinlay is one of my favorite cozy authors. I love the Cupcake Bakery books and now this Library series is quickly becoming a favorite as well.

Lindsay Norris is a likeable protagonist and the secondary characters have enough quirks to be interesting but aren't kooky enough to be caricatures. I like how Lindsay knows what everyone in town likes to read and all the book references sprinkled throughout. Puppy Heathcliff makes an adorable addition to the cast (and didn't get forgotten about un
Savannah Avery
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series that I read and I loved it! I actually loved this one a bit more than the other! The mystery was great, even though I had an idea who it was. I also loved the setting and the characters are awesome! I especially like the building love connection that has continued from the first book into this one. I recommend to anyone who loves mysteries or a love story.
Sonia Cristina
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Bastante parecido com o primeiro volume, lê-se bem, tudo muito calmo, com algumas cenas fofas que aqui incluem um cachorro adorável, referências a livros e autores contemporâneos e clássicos e um grupo de personagens engraçado.
Também à semelhança do livro anterior, o final teve uns aspetos engraçados, se bem que também aqui o assassino era bastante previsível. (view spoiler)
Anner
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series so far...
Stephanie
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Jenn McKinlay’s LIBRARY LOVER’S SERIES 2 New Audiobooks Reviewed!

Both audiobooks were provided by the publisher for review. No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions presented herein are my own except as noted.

New England is known for fall leaves, clam chowder, stately small-town libraries and well-educated women who, quite by chance, end up solving mysteries, particularly murders.

The old-chestnut is, does anyone notice the woman who is the main chara
mitchell k dwyer
Jenn McKinlay’s characters are real, even the ones who seem a little off. In cozy mysteries, nothing matters more. It’s serial reading, and fans are in for the long haul, so if a story here or there is less than satisfying, we’ll keep coming back for the characters, and in the Library Lover’s mysteries, there’s some good stuff to come back for.

Protagonist Lindsey Norris, the head librarian in a small Connecticut town, walks a nice line between confidence in her professional abilities and somethi
LORI CASWELL
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
Lindsey Norris is back and there is a big shake up at the library when the president of the Friends of the Library group, Bill Sint, is ousted after serving for several years. He is replaced by Carrie Rushton and one of Bill’s supporters starts to take things a little too far, but would “Batty” Bilson commit murder? Carrie Rushton’s husband in found dead and all the evidence points at Carrie, but Lindsey knows she is innocent.

To make matters worse the murder investigation takes a backseat when a
Angel
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So at the end of these books I always have an uncontrollable urge to create *something*. I want so badly to grab up some yarn and a little hook or needle and knot that yarn over and over into something wonderful... except logically, I really don't. My mother tried to teach me a million times and I refused to learn. Such is the power of the book.
Another thing I long for as I read this book was loving, honestly good, concerned friends and neighbors. The kind that make pots of hot cocoa and help yo
Wendy
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
What is the original meaning of the word clue?*

Answering tricky reference questions like this one is more than enough excitement for library director Lindsey Norris. That is, until another murder is committed in her ciy hometown of Briar Creek, Connecticut, and the question of who did it must be answered before someone else is checked out--for good.

Carrie Rushton, the president of the Friends of the Library, has been accused of murdering her husband.. The evidence is stacki
Angela Holland
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This was another great book by Jenn McKinlay. I enjoyed reading about the next adventure of Lindsey in her cozy town of Briar Creek. Carrie is elected as the president of the Friends of the Library and while the election was going on her husband is killed. Now Lindsey is out to try and help her friend by figuring out who the killer is. In the process things happen to Lindsey and now it seems the killer is out to get her as well. Then the storm of the year hits but that does not stop anything. I ...more
Verity W
Apr 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this - I like Jenn McKinlay's characters and the settings that she creates and this is no exception. Working out who was responsible was a really nice way to wile away an afternoon.

This is the second in the library lovers series, and Lindsay is getting more established in town. There is still conflict with one of the librarians, and in this book with some of the friends of the library. Lindsay's relationship with Sully is still moving super-slowly, so there's plenty of mileage i
Kay
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I love to read light mysteries - or I guess what they call "cozy" mysteries.
Once again Jenn McKinlay did not disappoint me with her second book of her Library Lover's Mystery series. Lindsey, who is the library director in this little Connecticut town just seems to have trouble and crazy people find her. Fun Who Done It! I would recommend to anyone who is tired of a lot of blood shed - not that there aren't dead people in her mysteries.
Curlyhair
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
2nd in this series and I loved it. A good easy read, especially for on holiday (as I was reading it). Small town murder plot with the usual cast of characters, some batty, most not, but an enjoyable read.
Judy
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Time for a favorite author's new cozy series! Imagine working around books and being expected to know each novel's story...that's a dream job. Libraries and small towns seem so stressless. Lindsay Norris' 2nd adventure was easily solved.. Happy I'm getting better at that :)
Hannah
Jan 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, mystery
Such a cute little book, though I feel there was fewer 'mystery' parts in the sophomore novel than the first one. I did like the newer characters that were introduced and hope to see them more in the next volume.
D. George
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another cute addition to the series.
Ayny
Murder, missing books and a puppy during a winter storm in Connecticut. Library centered lighthearted romance and mystery. second in a series, but can be read alone.
Cayleigh Stickler
This is the second in the Library Lover's mystery series, and it was . In this, the Friends of the Library has some turnover with management, and Carrie is not only the new president but a murder suspect in her husband's death as well.

In this story, we meet some more members of Briar Creek's community--the notable Batty Bilson being one of them. Tensions reach an all-time high when Lindsey, our amateur sleuth and heroine, gets on the wrong side of Marjorie Bilson after the Friends of the Librar
Miriam
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, romance, cozy
Lindsey Norris and her best friend and children's librarians Beth work together to solve the murder of the husband of the newest president of the Friends of the Library, Carrie Rushton. Who would want to kill her husband, no matter how obnoxious, he didn't deserve to die.

Lindsey and Beth team up with Sully and friends to solve the mystery of the missing books and murdered husband, all in the middle of a nor'easter that buries the town in a foot of snow and frigid cold.

And Lindsey adopts Heathcl
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Even though I only read two books, I think this one is my favorite so far in the series. Also I love that cover.

While I like this one, it seemed the mystery wasn't as focused but it was still there.

And of course soon as I started reading, I was already halfway into the book. That's what I like about cozies, they're pretty quick reads. But what makes them good reads is the setting and of course the characters. Oh and the mystery sleuthing.

Also love that ending. Can't wait to read the next one.
Melissa
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first, IMO. I did figure out fairly early who the culprit was, but I just couldn't figure out the motive, so it kept me hooked. These are fun reads, with the added bonus of having a librarian protagonist and being set in a library - I just love the accurate portrayal! And Heathcliff is simply an adorable comic relief...I'm so glad he'll be featuring in all future installments, it appears.
Sheila
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A puppy is in the returned book bin. The husband of the new President of the Friends of the Library is murdered. A nasty nor'easter hits. It is up to Lindsay and her friends to find the killer before he/she strikes again.

I like these characters. I like their interactions and the teasing Lindsay gets about Sully. The story was good. I did figure out the who and part of the why. I needed the ending to fill out the rest of the why. I'll be reading more of this series.
  • Buried in a Book (Novel Idea, #1)
  • One Book in the Grave (Bibliophile Mystery #5)
  • Read and Buried (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #2)
  • Written in Stone (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #4)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • 50% Off Murder (Good Buy Girls, #1)
  • Murder on the Half Shelf (Booktown Mystery, #6)
  • Affairs of Steak (A White House Chef Mystery, #5)
  • Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #2)
  • Fire Engine Dead (Museum, #3)
  • The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6)
  • The Walled Flower (Victoria Square, #2)
Jenn is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of several mystery series and will be debuting a new women's fiction series in June 2017, starting with the title About a Dog. She lives in sunny Arizona in a house that is overrun with kids, pets and her husband's guitars.
More about Jenn McKinlay...

Library Lover's Mystery (8 books)
  • Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Read It and Weep (Library Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • On Borrowed Time (Library Lover's Mystery #5)
  • A Likely Story (Library Lover's Mystery, #6)
  • Better Late Than Never (Library Lover's Mystery, #7)
  • Death in the Stacks (Library Lover's Mystery, #8)
“Nancy pursed her lips. "Men are stupid." "Agreed!” 8 likes
“Not so fast,” Sully said. The entire station went quiet as everyone turned toward him. “Lindsey Norris, I like you, too. I like that you’re smart and funny and can remember what everyone in town likes to read. I like that you ride a ridiculous bike to work in terrible weather, and I like that your eyes change color with your moods, like the sea reflects the sky. I like that you adopted a puppy who needed you, and I like the way the wind tangles up your hair when you let it loose, and I do like it loose.” Lindsey” 1 likes