Start by marking “How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2)

How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters #2)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  530 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The last thing the Earl of MacLaren wants is a wife, so when he awakens to discover a fair-haired enchantress at the foot of his bed, he behaves as any man might by taking full advantage of the delicious situation. Then his family bursts in, and the chit brazenly announces that she is his betrothed. So he finds himself well on his way to being legshackled for life!

Beautifu
Published June 26th 2007 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about How to Engage an Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Engage an Earl

Sombra
3,5 estrellas.

Apenas me he leído el libro en un par de horas (le dejé aparcado por otro tipo de situaciones, no porque no me gustara y cuando le he retomado ha sido un enganche total). Es una historia sencilla y con alguna originalidad que ha hecho que la lectura fuese aún más interesante.

La historia se retoma con el misterio que la autora planteó en el libro anterior, acerca de si las tres hermanas mellizas Royle son o no quien dicen ser y con Anne, nuestra protagonista, metiéndose en la boca d
Rosa
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
» Rating: 3'9

El primer libro estuvo centrado en la mayor de las Hermanas Royle, Mary (y el duque de Blackstone), a la vez que por la frenética búsqueda de la verdad de su linaje. « no recuerdo haberlo mencionado en la review anterior »

En este segundo, la historia para encontrar las cartas que confirmen su verdadero linaje, sigue muy presente, pero la protagonista es Anne Royle, la mediana de las hermanas, y su encuentro con Laird MacLaren.
A grandes rasgos, el romance entre Anne y el Laird es
Bree
Because I read the first book, I snagged the second in the series from interlibrary loan. I read it in about 2 hours, but didn't seriously read it, mostly skimming. It didn't really catch my interest. The "mystery" is very weak and in this book, the male protagonist is weak as well.

I'm debating whether or not to waste my time with the final book in the series. I think I'll live if I never read another book by this author.
Debbie
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
There was much of "To Engage an Earl" by Kathryn Cassie that was delightful and very entertaining. But the plot toward the end of book took several rather predictable turns that seemed intended to lengthen the book for no logical reason. The book needed additional work in order to create a well written resolution. Contains graphic sexual content.
Anita D
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think my expectations were low - so it was with great surprise that I really enjoyed this book! I liked both main characters ( which does not often happen!), the story was pretty good along with the ensemble and overall just a really nice quick easy read. I will probably try and read the other two books in the series.
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
3,5 ⭐
Me parece una historia con más matices que la primera aunque la mary me gusta más en su libro que Anne en este
Sara ♥
Jul 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2009
This book was cute. I loved the first chapter.

I found this on Amazon:

"Reticent and clearly "invisible" next to her vibrant siblings, Anne Royle sneaks into the bedroom of the Earl of MacLaren Laird Allan in search of letters that will prove she and her sisters have royal connections. MacLaren awakens and immediately assumes the beauty is here for a tryst. As he takes advantage of her seduction, his family charges into the room as if the devil is chasing them. They demand an explanation; Anne im
Vicky
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Me ha gustado mucho! ...Solo hubiera deseado haber leído primero "Cómo seducir a un Duque", aunque me pareció que no es necesario que se lea primero ya que cada uno de los libros cuenta por separado la historia de una de las hermanas Royle.

En "Cómo atrapar a un Conde" conocemos la historia de Anne una chica que al parecer pasa desapercibida ante los ojos de cualquiera y al libertino Laird Conde de MacLaren que no desea otra cosa más que su reputación quede limpia. Ambos quedan atrapados en un c
Hannah
Jun 22, 2009 rated it it was ok
An amusing story, though I quite dislike how all the big, strong, handsome men always turn out to have some Scottish in them. I mean, really, "Laird"? This one definitely reads like a contemporary romance, so if you're scared off by the "regency" label, don't be. There's very little Regency in there at all; the way the characters interact gives you the feeling that they're play-acting Regency society, rather than being part of it. If you're a stickler for historical details and are offended by a ...more
April
This was a really fun read!! Anne had me cracking up most of the time! It is a bit formula but still very enjoyable. The mystery behind the girl birth is kinda confusing.

I really liked the beginning of the story it was very amusing especially Anne sneaking in the bedchamber and getting caught! Plenty of steamy scenes to keep it interesting!

Now that I started the series I feel like I need to finish and that means I need to pick up the last book!
E. R.
May 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
Just like with the previous one, I skimmed through this book. I didn't relate to Laird Allan, the hero. In fact, I rather liked Laird's friend, Viscount Apsley, more than Laird. Anne Royle is a great heroine, but her other half didn't cut it for me.

Overall, I liked Mary's (the first sister) book better than this one.
Lori
Jun 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Fun and easy to read romance.

Laird and Anne become engaged temporarily to avoid a scandal from her being caught in his room. She wants to use this to find documents surrounding her parentage. He want to use this to show his desired spouse that he has changed. Little do they realize how this fake engagement will impact them and their families
Peiru Zheng
what a fun and joyful read!
Lois
Jan 18, 2011 rated it did not like it
Excruciating. Couldn't finish it. Horrible dialog. Clunky plot. Dreadful love scenes.
ChloeLeeNH
May 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Nice little mystery going on with this trilogy. But I sort of wish it would wrap up quicker but of course, that is part of the whole plot right LOL? On to the next one!
Lady Heather
Oct 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but it wasn't as good as the first book.
Ana
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This is an engaging book that has humor, romance and adventure in equal measures.
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
More like 3.5* I liked this book more than the first. The characters were fun and engaging and I really believed their love story. Very cute. I am definitely looking forward to the next book.
Patty
Jun 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
A story about three sisters trying to find the truth to there birth and falling in love along the way.

Royle Sisters Trilogy, 2
M
Sep 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Nice quick read - there were a few bits of the story, at the very end, that I was slightly confused by, but perhaps I missed something (was reading while nursing).
Vmontgzz
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: histórico, misterio
Me gusto más que la anterior de la serie.
Lisa
Jul 09, 2007 rated it liked it
Second book in a trilogy and was disappointing. It still had some funny parts, as the Royle sisters definitely get into trouble in Regency London, but it was missing something.
Welzen
Nov 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romántica, 2011
Es una historia muy sencilla y agradable de leer, y nada más.
Denise
Sep 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. Even though I didn't care for the first book in the series, the mystery made me curious enough to read this one and to go looking for the third one.
Cindy
Jun 19, 2014
Ellen
May 22, 2012
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 12, 2015 10:14AM
  • The Lady in Question (Effingtons, #7)
  • The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount (Desperate Debutantes, #3)
  • Lady Rogue
  • A Dangerous Man (Women and Men, #2)
  • In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady (Scandalous Lady, #1)
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • The School for Heiresses (School for Heiresses, #2.5; Neville Family & Friends, #0.5; Desperate Debutantes, #3.5)
  • One Moonlit Night
  • The Barefoot Princess (Lost Princesses, #2)
  • Once a Gentleman (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #3)
  • The Earl of Her Dreams
  • To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5)
  • Wicked All Day (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #5)
  • The Secret To Seduction (Holt Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • The Secret Wedding (Malloren, #9)
  • A Bride for His Convenience
Kathryn Caskie has long been a devotee of history and things of old. So it came as no surprise to her family when she took a career detour off the online super highway and began writing historical romances full time.

With a background in marketing, advertising and journalism, she has written professionally for television, radio, magazines and newspapers.

Kathryn lives in a 200 year old Quaker home
More about Kathryn Caskie...

Royle Sisters (3 books)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • How to Propose to a Prince (Royle Sisters, #3)

“After all, no one ever sought out her company, or tried to catch her eye. She could stand directly in front of a grand lord or lady, or even a tray-bearing footman, and more likely than not, she wouldn’t be noticed.” 0 likes