Start by marking “Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)” as Want to Read:
Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)

Binding the Shadows

(Arcadia Bell #3)

In the third book in this beloved and “riveting” (Romantic Times) urban fantasy series, demon-friendly tiki bar owner Arcadia Bell discovers more about her own evolving, and possibly destructive, magical abilities when her bar is the target of a demonic crime wave.

Renegade mage and bartender Arcadia Bell has had a rough year, but now the door to her already unstable world
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 366 pages
Published May 28th 2013 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Binding the Shadows, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
Denisa
Finally getting exciting!

The first half was pretty slow but then it all got interesting!
I liked the plot twist, it was a bit predictable but I stopped hoping for unexpected twists a long time ago.

Cady is starting to grow on me and so is her bf/fiancee/whatever. The character that I absolutely love though is Jude and I'm starting to like him more and more! Ah yes, and let's not forget the drug dealer (Hijo?), I'd be really curious to see him more!

Still, the series is getting exciting and I can't
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 's

This book immediately jumps into the "fire"...literally. Lon and Cady are at Merrimoth's house on Dare's orders to bind him because he's been demonstrating usually strong powers seeming to evolve from his knack. Naturally, things go awry and Cady instinctively used her powers to help save Lon. During that process, she thinks she has contact with her Mother which understandably freaks her out. Needless to say, Cady has her hands full.

Well, one of the main things that I've said in prior
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dtb-book
That ending!
Gah! This really has quickly become a favorite UF series of mine. It didn't take long for me to fall in love with Cady, Lon, Jupe and even a few others. I love the family dynamic and that Lon and Cady work together, don't keep secrets (for the most part) and actually talk to one another. I so don't want the last book to be it. I think I just might mourn the end of this series.

Well done Bennett, well done.
Emma
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third of a four book urban fantasy series and it's brilliant. The entire series is one of my favourites and I find it original and extremely well done. There is a mystery behind the main character, Cady's, magical gifts, one we learn more about in each book. This book has left us on a cliffhanger that changes the gameplan. I have no idea how the series will end but I am dying to find out. Strongly recommended for urban fantasy fans.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I’ve long come to realize that most of my favorite Urban Fantasy series feature a steady, reliable, loving couple… or even a family: Kate and Curran (and Julie), Mercy and Adam (and Jesse) and of course Cady and Lon (and Jupe). It is a perfect way for authors to both remove all unnecessary drama and make us care deeply about more than one main character. This works for me every time, and while the three relationships I’ve mentioned aren’t all that similar, I’m equally invested in them all.

In
Mariya
All I have to say is Jenn Bennett is freaking insane! Oh, my god! BINDING THE SHADOWS is one of those books where you go excited to mental meltdown! It is so good and engaging and I am loving every new book in the Arcadia Bell Series.

Cady and Lon are together and strong as ever and happy with Jupe! In BINDING THE SHADOWS, there is quite a lot going on in Cady's life right now. We have a mystery to solve as usual, plus Lon's ex's mother and sister come to town to visit and she has to show them
Bonnie
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A copy of Binding the Shadows was provided to me by Jenn Bennett for review purposes.

*No spoilers for any installments*

There are those kinds of Urban Fantasy worlds that are intricately built and detailed that you can completely envision and understand it. But then there are those kinds of worlds that are so easily envisioned that they are almost real. Sure there's a demon realm and magicians and all sorts of other craziness going on but you could swear it's really happening around you, Arcadia
Julie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Binding the Shadows was an EXCELLENT book. And this is an EXCELLENT series. The first two books were among my top three favorite reads of the year they were released and I am positive this one will end up high on my list of favorites this year. This series just keeps getting better and better.

And now that I’m done gushing, let me get to my actual review…which will most likely contain more gushing.

Binding the Shadows is the third book in Jenn Bennett’s
Charlie
5 stars! This is by far my favourite book in the series, and that ending was amazing!

“You're my favorite person, you know...you're my favorite person, too.”

I adore Lon, Cady and Jupe and I love them more with each book. After the way this one ended I'm seriously scared to see how this series turns out but I have no doubt I'll love it. There's only 1 book left, I almost don't want to read it, I desperately don't want it all to end.

This series was something I found on Scribd, I'd never heard of
G.
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5

1) Cady's mum is officially worse than cray-cray. She's ten buckets of crazy mixed into a truckload of delusions of grandeur. Too bad most of her crazy happens off-page. I hope she gets more page time in the last book.
2) I had a morbid fascination about (view spoiler). I hope there's more about it in the last book.
3) Ugh. That cliffy. It was kind of pointless ending the book that way.
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Every time I pick up a new installment in a series I automatically expect it to be better than the last; and even though there have already been plenty of books this year that have fit that description, Binding the Shadows is their Queen. This novel is larger-than-life, full-to-the-brim, jump-off-the-page, made-of-awesome good. I loved this series before but I am infatuated with it now! If you haven’t discovered Jenn Bennett you well, should get on that but, if you have
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: UF fans
Shelves: urban-fantasy

Good plot with multiple story threads adding complexity to the characters and their relationships. Plus the the plot thickens! Book 2 had the best mystery, but BtS is focused on the character and preparing for book 4, the series conclusion. Binding the Shadows ends with a cliffhanger. It's going to change motivations, add higher stakes, and I'm anxious to read how Bennet will resolve everything.

Next up: Banishing the Dark (book 4 and final book)

Out-of-print! Very expensive mass
Sandy Williams
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Jenn Bennett, I hate you so much right now!

Gah. Like, for reals. How am I supposed to write my own book when I can't get Lon and Cady and Jupe out of my head. And that ending. Woah. Totally didn't expect that!

*deep breath*

I love Lon.

Actually, I think I'm going to end this "review" right there. That's all that needs to be said.

Lon.

P.S. Okay. I'll add more. If you like urban fantasy, and you're not reading this series, WHY NOT? It's the best UF out there. The characters are real and fantastic,
Tammie
Renegade mage and bartender Cady Bell has had a rough year, but now the door to her already unstable world is coming completely unhinged.

This is the third book in the Arcadia Bell series and I liked it just as much as the two previous books. The bar is robbed while Cady and Kar-Yee are there by earth bounds who are wielding some extra suped-up powers, so there is the whole mystery to solve there. Then if that wasn't enough, Cady meets Lon's ex-in-laws who are still a big part of Jupe's life,
Pamela / SpazP
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
LOVED. This series gets better with each book, and I am so happy to say it remains one of my most favorite UF series. Seriously, if you are a UF fan, you NEED to be reading this series!! Binding the Shadows left me feeling deeply satisfied with the character development and relationships further built upon between Cady, Lon and Jupe. Further, the overall story was very engaging, and the ending is one of those kind of cliffhangers that leave you dying for more. Arcadia fans are going to LOVE this ...more
Christy LoveOfBooks
I absolutely LOVE this series! Cady, Leon and Jupe are fantastic characters that I adore.
Ami
Bionic juice is making Earthbounds' knacks powered up. Lon's ex-mother-in-law and ex sister-in-law are coming for Christmas. Yvonne (Lon's ex-wife) is also showing up. Priya (Cady's Hermeneus spirit) returns as a boy. And on top of that, Cady's power is acting up, she is not feeling herself lately, and her evil mother might still be alive ...

---------------

The third book in Arcadia Bell opens up with an action scene -- with Cady and Lon trying to 'talk' to Merrimoth, and it doesn't end well.
Mary
Although I enjoy this series very much, there is something that makes me love it even more-Cady and Lon's relationship. There are no love triangles, threesomes, moresomes, and what have you. No lying, cheating, or possibly two faced traitorous ex coming back into the heroine's life. Not that I have anything against them, b/c I have and do continue to read those, it's just refreshing for me. I love the fact that Lon's powerful in his own right and is given that sense of equality with Cady; that ...more
All Things Urban Fantasy
The Arcadia Bell series works on two levels, both as a series with grand, sweeping plot points, and within each book, with the more intimate moments between characters. The cross series action is interesting, but not a motivating factor for me. It’s the personal bonds, the interactions between Cady and Lon and Jupe, that have me excited to go from one book to the next.

And in that regard, BINDING THE SHADOWS more than delivers. Lots of Jupe time, charming and hilarious and awkward as ever. Lots
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Dare is now officially an asshole. If he had been doing things out of the goodness of his heart it would be different. But he's not. He's an asshole and now we know why his son Mark is such a tool.

In this latest installment, Dare's blackmail backfires and Cady basically tells him to fuck the hell off. His lies are incredible.

Whilst Dare is a thorn in her side, Cady has bigger issues. Issues like Lon's ex-wife waltzing in with her bloody allure knack. And, Cady is coming into her own power and
Melindeeloo
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well I just finished up all three (and a half) of the Arcadia Bell books by Jenn Bennett (Kindling the Moon: An Arcadia Bell Novel, Summoning the Night: An Arcadia Bell Novel, Leashing the Tempest and Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell)) and I completely agree with other reviewers who said that the series got better with each book - and this one, wow.

In Binding the Shadows we get to see Cady begin to discover the pluses and minuses associated with her moon child powers and we find out something
Jen
Second review after second read-through, October 12-15, 2016:
I will write a new review, but I HAVE to read book four first. ;-)

First review after first read-through, October 15-16, 2013:
This third book in the Arcadia Bell series was a solid five-star read for me. It was amazing! I was really wowed by this fantastic story. :)

It got off to a fiery beginning (literally! Cady and Lon were in a house on fire, lol!) and never lost that pace. I loved it!

One of my favorite parts was on page 69, when
Sandra
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Some series meander along and some just get better and better. This is one of the ones that just keep getting better.

Cady is trying to come to terms with her increased Moonpower, but something just isn't right. Jupe is fabulous and Lon is delicious when a magical crime wave hits Morella and even the Tiki Bar is robbed, and its right before Christmas.

Cady & Lon are on the case as to why the kiddie robbers have suped up knacks that should be impossible. Added to that Lon's in-laws are coming
Keertana
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
If I'd read this when it came out last May I'd likely transform into a demon myself. Thankfully for my quaint little neighborhood, I'm very much still human as I've got an ARC of Book 4 right beside me. So far, however, this has been the best book in the Arcadia Bell Series. Not only were my emotions flailing all over the place, but I fall deeper in love with Cady's family every time I read about them - Lon and Jupe, by the way. Moreover, this novel incorporated the previous mysteries quite ...more
Lauren
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't stop reading these books! I'm completely obsessed with them. And I only have one more! *Sobs forever*
Saly
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christal (Badass Book Reviews)
See this review and others like it at Badass Book Reviews.com!

The Arcadia Bell series has always been excellent and tightly paced, but Binding the Shadows takes things to a whole new level. The story, the mystery, the characters, the revelations... everything is amped up to 11 here and coupled with a killer ending. Jenn Bennett has definitely cemented her status as one of the most talented writers in the Urban Fantasy genre. If you are a fan of Cady and Lon, you must pick up this book
Steph
I love the part of the blurb that says, Renegade mage and bartender Cady Bell has had a rough year, but now the door to her already unstable world is coming completely unhinged, because it's so damned fitting.

In Binding the Shadows, Cady faces many different challenges in all areas of her life. Professionally, her bar gets robbed by some Earthbounds with tricked out abilities and she's had it with Dare's (the head of the Hellfire Club) demands. Personally, she's about to face the in-laws (Lon's
Karen
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My interest in UF has waned over the years because for the most part (there are always exceptions) the genre has gotten repetitive. Kick ass heroine that everyone wants to f*ck, hot alpha dude who runs hot then cold, lots of angst. It's all very predictable.

Then we have Arcadia Bell. This is the third book in this brilliant UF series and I went into this one terrified for several reasons. First being the third book in a series is usually when the predictability kicks in and things start to
Allison (The Allure of Books)
Binding the Shadows by Jenn Bennett is one of my most anticipated releases of 2013. The kind of anticipate where a crazed book hoarder such as myself goes slightly insane and waits up until the pre-ordered title shows up on my Kindle the night of its release (11:13 PM in this case, if you’re curious). I then proceeded to rip through it like the freak that I am. What can I say? I love me some Arcadia Bell.

So yeah, Binding the Shadows is the third book in the Arcadia Bell series. To be honest, I’

• Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane, #3)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)
  • Magic for a Price (Allie Beckstrom, #9)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • How to Wake an Undead City (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #6)
  • Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1)
  • Magic Without Mercy (Allie Beckstrom, #8)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (The Potentate of Atlanta, #1)
  • Oath Sworn (Jacky Leon Book 1)
  • Demon Song (Blood Singer, #3)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
Jenn Bennett is an award-winning author of young adult books, including: ALEX, APPROXIMATELY; STARRY EYES; SERIOUS MOONLIGHT; and THE LADY ROGUE. She also writes romance and fantasy for adults. Her books have earned multiple starred reviews, won Romance Writers of America’s RITA Award, and been included on Publishers Weekly Best Books annual list. She lives near Atlanta with one husband and two ...more

Arcadia Bell (4 books)
  • Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
“His hand dove beneath my seat and surfaced with the sawed-off vintage Lupara.
"I distinctly remember telling you not to bring that thing," I complained.
"Felt like you were daring me.”
8 likes