Start by marking “The Rough Mating of a Vampire (The Vampire Coalition, 0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Rough Mating of a Vampire (The Vampire Coalition, 0.5)

The Rough Mating of a Vampire (The Vampire Coalition 0.5)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  1,477 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Adare Connor is a vampire, the oldest of his kind to ever find his mate. Kristin Sparks, a human, owns his soul. (literally) In a rough, wild and volatile mating, Kristin will return his soul to him, making them bonded mates. Adare knows that the mating will bring out every carnal, possessive and dominant instinct he has. It's the nature of vampire matings. Will his destin ...more
Published April 27th 2012 by Scott Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Rough Mating of a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rough Mating of a Vampire

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Basically just a sex scene with bondage lol
Lindsay Thompson-Sublett
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great prelude to Ethan's Mate. It gives you an idea of what to expect going into The Vampire Coalition Series. It is very short but paints a great picture. The characters even carry over some in Ethan's Mate. It won't take long to read and then you can dive right on into the next book in the series. ENJOY!!!!
Maria11
Mar 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I guess I am into short sweet smut today... It wasn't that rough...LOL. I was thinking it would be bad, but nope...

Again thanks for the loan from my BFF!
Sadie Forsythe
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
The first 20% percent of this is just one big info-dump that serves largely to excuse the fact that Adare is one very, very selfish lover. I suppose it also gives A LITTLE bit of background about the way vampire mates hold the vampire's soul until the two are mated. I have to admit that this is an interesting idea, but it isn't explored at all. Nor is any background on the characters given. They don't have a single conversation before entering the mating chamber. I do understand that this is jus ...more
Bridget Williams
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am not one to really get in to Vampire books, or should I say I wasn't one to really get in to the Vampire books until I read this book by Author J.S. Scott. This book is sexy, steamy , erotic and overall an excellent story line and plot. I was impressed and Adare was a Vampire I would love to meet!
Janet Juengling-Snell
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short and yummy read. Perfect for a quick fix during a lunch break. Hope the rest of the series is a good.
Dirty Dayna
2 not for me stars

this Is a vampire book meets your grandma's romance novels it was just like I love yous and vampire sex nothing to write home about sigh
Fanny
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was ok

Mas que una novela corta yo lo considero mas una escena larga que sirve como introduccion a la trilogia The Vampire Coalitions de J. S. Scott.
Una lectura rapida y corta, esta bien para pasar un rato corto pero lo cierto es que me parecio bastante absurdo, esperare a leerme el siguiente para tener una opinion mas completa.

2 Estrellas!
Crystal
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
This was a short and sweet story that introduces the Vampire Coalition series. It follows the story of Adare and Kristin as they journey through the mating ritual for vampires. Basically this story introduces the concept and process of the mating ritual between a male vampire and his human female mate. The female mate is born with the soul of her vampire mate. The mating ritual is....intense, rough, and highly erotic. Through the ritual the female mate transfers the male's soul back to him. It's ...more
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
Oh just the perfect prelude to start the series, we get a chance to see a mating ritual and what a ritual this is, super hot story, but yes its short, its like finally finding a nice bar of chocolate only to have it snatched away after your first bite!! PUN INTENDED, however this scope helps us understand about what the stories will be about, we are of course introduced to our favourite Hale Brothers (Nathan, Ethan, Rory, and Liam) who thankfully will each get their own books.
I give this a 4 sta
Kelly
The Rough Mating of a Vampire is for people who...

...like vampires who are driven nearly feral with the need to consummate with their lady friends.
...don't mind when others watch.
...enjoy a quick glimpse into a world that looks to be rich in backstory.
...like the naughty, sexy, dirty times.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

The Rough Mating of a Vampire was a free Kindle book I downloaded on 07/03/13 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Ashley Hedden
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was another great J.S. Scott story. I liked reading the preparation for the mating ritual. I loved getting a glimpse into Kristin and Adare's story. This was a great preview to the rest of The Vampire Coalition series. I liked reading the end about the older brothers. I felt like it was a glimpse into the possible future that they may ind. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Peni
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this story after I finished all the other Vampire Coalition stories. As a result, I had already heard some of the story and understood what was happening. I think if I hadn't it would have been more of a mystery why things happened the way they did. It was a nice addition to the series.

I recommend this story to mature adults.
Kaffi
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Erotic, short stand-alone story

Erotic, short stand-alone story

This short story is a prelude to The Vampire Coalition romance series. This story focuses on the mating ritual that the vampires go through once they finally find their mate. It's very erotic, well written, well edited and leaves you interested in the series...but without a cliffhanger.
Karen Alleyne
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A short and wonderful introduction into a delightful story but this is not a standalone !!
I recommend you download and enjoy this and them buy and you will love the rest !!
It's a wonderful read by this author
Tina
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Free download, this was a short, sexy and hot story. Short but worth the read. This book should be read before Ethan's mate as a prelude to the series. Adare is a hot alpha vampire who is mated to Kristin. This story is about their mating ritual. Would recommend for supernatural lovers.
Lee Cowen
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this author

This is a new fresh spin on the vampire genre. And as always it has my happy ending I crave.
Ronda
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun fast read. I normal don't pick paranormal but this was a great read. Has a nice twist on the myths about vampire. Lots of action and just enough romance.
Alita Barrett
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It fought my interest right away and kept it.
Courtney Curtis
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE IT :)
Asounani
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Básicamente sexo no puedo decir mucho de este libro
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
A friend told me about this series and suggested I read it. This was a free book so I figured why not. I enjoyed it although short.

This is one HOT short story about Adare and Kristin’s Mating ceremony. Vampires have to find their mates, who are humans that are born with the vampire souls. Once they find them they have to mate with them and their souls returned to the vampire. Cool uh…well maybe if you like sex rough there is no vanilla about this. Adare goes all Alpha, possessive, and dominate
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
A quick story that obviously is mostly just meant to present a hot sex scene and serve as something of an introduction for a new series. Thin on characterization, which is only to be expected, it's hard to really feel the intense emotions that Kristin and Adare supposedly have for one another. Still, they are intriguing enough as characters to make you wish there was more to their story. How did they meet? What are they like as people? We get some sense of the latter, but not enough. Perhaps in ...more
Linda Sims
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
THE VAMPIRES WEDDING

This is a short story which gives the reader a taste of the authors take on vampires and finding their life mates. There are a series of short stories that follow featuring the Hale brothers.
Adare Connor is hundreds of years old, he has at last found his mate Kristin. They are preparing for their mating ceremony. Kristen is a human woman, as are all vampire mates. In this vampire world vampires are born not created. But only male vampires are conceived. Adare's human mate Kri
Vampyre Groupie
Let’s be clear; this is NOT a short story. I wouldn’t even call it a proper story. A story has a beginning, a plot and a resolution. The Mating of a Vampire doesn’t have any of those. It’s basically a sex scene with lots of info dumps about the characters, vampires and their culture so that the reader at least will have a faint clue why Kristin and Adare will be having “BDSM-ish” sex in front of an audience. And despite the kinky setting the sex is pretty boring.

But to be fair, this wouldn’t ha
Tia
Jul 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-smut
I think this was an interesting take on the Vampire and mate relationship, but found this to mostly deal with sex between them with bondage and hidden watchers. What should be a really hot scene falls a little flat. I think I might try reading the next story in the series to see if it gets any better because I like the concept, but not sure it works very well.

18+ due to explicit sex and situations.
Tauri
Jun 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
The UHQ Nasanta
Didn't care for the writing style. It was amateurish. Info dumping and a sex scene that wasn't affecting. Not having been witness to how the two came to "love" each other, I definitely felt nothing for them and their declaration of love felt false. The explanation of how mates are found was interesting.

Not a series I will be continuing.
Julie
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I felt a little cheated here. It showed just the mating ritual. I thought as it was a short story series, we might have gotten the whole story.
It was hot. And Adare was everything a male vampire should be.
I don't think u NEED to read it first, but as Adare is the vampire all the other vamps mention. It probably wouldn't hurt.
Mymee
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Possessive guys are just so....*sighs dreamily and drools* now excuse me as I really need to change my underwear
  • Eternal Temptation (The Kategan Alphas, #4)
  • Treasured
  • Stefan's Salvation (Dalakis Passion, #3)
  • Paradox
  • The Keeper Finds Her Mate (Keeper of Wolves, #2)
  • His Request (His Client, #1.5)
  • Naughty Nights
  • Stolen Earth (Delroi Connection, #3)
  • Before Dawn (The Hunters, #1)
  • Yes, Sir
  • Losing Control
  • My Wish (Guardians of Time, #1)
  • Saving Jenna (Night Creatures, #1)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • A Beautiful Prison: Epilogue
  • Harvest (The Druid Series, #3)
  • A Little Less Conversation
  • Taken by the Cops (erotic menage)
J.S. Scott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of erotic romance. She's an avid reader of all types of books and literature. Writing what she loves to read, J.S. Scott writes both contemporary erotic romance stories and paranormal romance erotics. They almost always feature an Alpha Male and have a happily ever after because she just can't seem to write them any other way!

Please v
More about J.S. Scott

The Vampire Coalition (6 books)
  • Ethan's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #1)
  • Rory's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #2)
  • Nathan's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #3)
  • Liam's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #4)
  • Daric's Mate (The Vampire Coalition, #5)
  • The Vampire Coalition: The Complete Boxed Set (The Vampire Coalition, #1-5)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“You are mine Kristin. Mine." His voice was low and graveled, filled with emotion. "And you could never love me as much as I love you.” 0 likes