Start by marking “ಅನ್ವೇಷಣ [Anveshana]” as Want to Read:
ಅನ್ವೇಷಣ [Anveshana]

ಅನ್ವೇಷಣ [Anveshana]

Anveshana, which means \"Exploration\", depicts the life of the son of main woman character of Grihabhanga. He does not directly appear in the novel, but is seen through the experience of other characters. This technique is successful in bringing out the complexity of the central character
Published (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about ಅನ್ವೇಷಣ [Anveshana], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ಅನ್ವೇಷಣ [Anveshana]

Karthikeya Bhat
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
ಅನವೇಷಣ--ಅಂದರೆ ಹುಡುಕಾಟ
ಇದರಲಲಿ ಮುಖಯಪಾತರವು ನೇರವಾಗಿ ಕಾಣಿಸಿಕೂಳಳುವುದಿಲಲ. ಅವನ ವಯಸಸು 16ರಿಂದ 25ರವರೆಗೆ. ಅವನ ಸಂಪರಕಕಕೆ ಬಂದ ಒಬಬ ಶಾಲಾ ಮಾಸತರು. ಅವನಲಲಿ ಮೋಹಗೂಂಡ ಅವನಿಗಿಂತ ಹಿರಿವಯಸಸಿನ ಒಬಬ ನಾಟಕದ ನಟಿ. ಆಧಯಾತಮ ಶಾಂತಿಗೆಂದು ತನನಲಲಿ ಆಕರಷಿತನಾಗಿ ಬಂದ ಅವನನನು ಸಲಿಂಗಕಾಮಕಕೆ ಎಳೆಯಲು ಪರಯತನಿಸಿ ಅವನಿಂದ ತಿರಸಕೃತನಾಗಿ ತನನಲಲೇ ಆತಮವಿಮರಶೆಗೆ ತೂಡಗುವ ಬೆಟಟದ ಮೇಲಿರುವ ಒಬಬ ಸವಾಮಿ, ಮುಂಬಯಿಯಲಲಿ ಟಾಂಗಾ ಹೂಡೆಯುತತಿದದು ಅವನ ಸಂಗಡಿಗರಾಗಿದದ ಕೆಲವರು, ತನನ ಅಪಪ ಸುಳಳು ಹೇಳಿ ತನನನನು ಅವನಿಗೆ ಮದುವೆ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಟಟು,ಆ ಸುಳಳು ತಿಳಿದು ಅವನು ತನನಿಂದ ವಿಮುಖನಾದಾಗ ಅವನನನು ಪಡೆಯಲು ಹಲುಬಿ ಕೂನೆಗೆ ಅವನನನು ತಾ
Pradeep T
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to explain this novel. This is such an intrguing, thought provoking novel. Though it can be easily considered as a sequel to the novel Grihabhanga, it has got its own flavor. I am highly indebted to SLB sir for his masterpiece novels. Philosophy, yes, it is one of the highly ignored subject in this world. I am considering reading more number of philosophical books after reading almost all books of SLB sir.

Anweshana is something that is buried deep within all of us. The protagonis
Ashwini
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in no way eligible to write a review to his books.
But then I could not control the temptation. I got to know that this book is a sequel of Gruhabhanga only after reading others review here.
I haven't read Gruhabhanga, so I'll be writing from a perspective of a reader who has read only Anveshana. I read this long ago but still remember the details vividly.
This book started off as a search for grownup grandson from a dying grandpa. It tips off the curiosity of the reader as to when the narra
Ramya
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ಗೃಹಬಂಗ ನಂಜಮಮನ ಮಗ ವಿಶವ ತಾನು ತಿರಸಕರಿಸಿದ ಎಲಲಾರಿಗೂ ಬೇಕಾಗಿ ಕೊನೆಗೆ ತನನ ಹೆಂಡತಿಯಿಂದ ತಿರಸಕರಿಸಿಕೊಂಡ ಕಥೆ ಅನವೇಷಣ .
ಅನವೇಷಣ- ಉತತರಗಳ ಹುಡುಕಾಟ , ನಮಮತನಗಳ ಹುಡುಕಾಟದ ಮದಯೆ ಸಿಗುವುದು ಪರಶನೆಗಳ ಸಾಗರ.

Hats off to SLB., he not tells us the story he makes us feel the character we also compare ourselves to the character n situation.
Srikanth
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The one great thing about Dr. SLB's books is that it gives a lot of food for thought. Certain questions remain unanswered and that makes the reader think... and I'm still thinking..
Banu Prakash Raje Urs M S
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Liked the technique used in this novel to bring out the complex character of the main character.
Anand Simha
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
A trifle disappointing but Bhyrappa's ingenuity shows

AnveshaNa is a sequel to the epic, 'Gruhabhanga' but comes no where near it. Pretty much like movie sequels where 'Part-2' is more often than not, disappointing (except for honorable exceptions like the Godfather series), the book fails to live up to expectations. However, Bhyrappa's ingenuity and mastery in story telling is evident throughout the novel.
(If you haven't read the novel and plan to, feel free to skip the following)
AnveshaNa ('T
Hemanth Kumar M
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This Novel gives conclusions to Gruhabanga and the character of Vishwanatha the last son of Nanjamma and Channigaraya.
Prashanth Kanichar
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ಅವನಿಲಲದ ಅವನ ಕಂಡವರ ಒಡನಾಡಿದವರ ಮನೋವಯಾಪಾರ,ಅನವೇಷಣೆ. ಗೃಹಭಂಗದ ಮುಂದುವರಿಕೆಯಂತಾದರೂ ಅಲಲದದು. ಗಾಢವಾದದದು. ...more
Srilakshmi
Oct 07, 2012
Anirudh
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kannada
Not one of his best works but I still liked it.
Ashish
Feb 05, 2017
Vinay Pradeep
Dec 12, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dr S.L. Bhyrappa is a litterateur par excellence. He writes in the south Indian language, Kannada, and has been the bestselling novelist for over 25 years now. His novels are widely translated to pan Indian languages. He is the bestselling novelist in Marathi over the past decade and is among the top-five bestselling authors in Hindi. He is a conscious artist that depicts fundamental human emotion ...more