Start by marking “Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)

Elixir

(Covenant #3.5)

4.40  ·  Rating details ·  26,230 ratings  ·  1,709 reviews
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex. Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for. Even if it means making war against the gods.
Published November 27th 2012 by Spencer Hill Press (first published November 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Elixir, please sign up.
Daniela You get the whole experience if you read the novellas between the books. Starting from 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5. The novellas are good for…moreYou get the whole experience if you read the novellas between the books. Starting from 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5. The novellas are good for understanding what's going on in everyone's minds apart from Alexandria. And these novellas are actually pretty good, they're not like these holes between time and space that some writers tend to create, they follow the storyline and even give a bit more details(less)

·  26,230 ratings  ·  1,709 reviews

Isabella
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
He's not perfect, he's not flawless, but he's wonderful and I love him so much!!!!!!!! And going on writing from Aiden's POV after Deity's ending? Just perfect, Jennifer, just PERFECT. Now I can breath when after the last book I thought I was going to die waiting for Apollyon, so THANK YOU because even if my heart hurts just by thinking about it, I'll try to survive until April.

And (view spoiler)I never doubted Aiden's awesomeness but this novella takes him to a whole new level.

And (view spoiler)

***

OH. MY. GOD.
THE COVER...
THIS COVER IS SO AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

AND... THE BLURB!!!! GOOD LORD, GIVE ME DEITY AND ELIXIR NOW!!!!!! AIDEN!!

Lo Bookfrantic
OMG this book ahhhh the feels 😢😭😭😭

binge listening to the audio books I can't stop now holy cow that last one left me going crazy haha

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ja_zps16dd050b.jpg

Elixir is #3.5 in the Covenant series by Jennifer Armentrout. This novella is completely in Aiden’s point of view. But unlike novellas in other series, this one is completely part of the series, taking up immediately where Deity left off.

photo elixir_zpsaf6fcc37.jpg

Alex has awakened, and immediately connected with Seth. Her biggest fear came true, she lost herself. Aiden will do anything to save her and is fo
Alexa
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

My review can also be found on my blog Collections.

Oh Aiden Aiden Aiden... I didn't need this novella to convince me that Aiden is amazing and badass and the one for Alex. Because I already knew all this the moment he stepped back into Alex's life in Half-Blood, the first novel in the series. But I did desperately need this novella for my much needed Aiden fix AND to calm my nerves after reading the epicness that was Deity, which by the way ended on a huge cliffhanger! You can read my review for th
Yessica
When I heard Elixir would be Aiden's novella

When I heard it was in his POV!

Annie Brewer
First of all, READ DEITY BEFRORE YOU READ THIS LITTLE GEM!!!!

So holy crap! If I wasn't already in love with this series after reading Deity, this novella just took the cake then. Oh gods, my head is so full of emotions. Aiden. Oh Aiden you are truly the most remarkable character I've ever come to know. I really loved this little bit from our beloved Pure's POV. He really is pure....okay well in his own words...."Saint Delphi, my ass." Yes, you really are a saint in my eyes. Gods, the shit he had to endur
Alyona
MY GOD! This is me while reading the book:

I know. I look a little silly.

DO NOT read Elixir if you haven't read Deity! It will be a huuuuge spoiler!

Now that we've cleared that, let us get back to the book. One word to describe it: breathtaking. You can imagine a list of similar adjectives that will surely do justice to the book.

In Deity, we get a few glimpses from Aiden's POV, which as expected, leaves us all swooning and drooling, nsilly.
Kate Kaynak
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG--you're all going to LOVE being inside Aiden's head!
alyssa
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-reads, 5-stars
4.5 Stars

I was actually never going to pick this up in the first place. But, much to my friend's constant nagging, I finally picked it up and started reading it. I'll admit, Elixir was a little short and I wanted it to be a little longer. But yes, it was good, but you don't have to read it. It's not required but I HIGHLY suggest you do so. Aiden and Alex have some bonding moments throughout this novella which I thought were really cute, even though Alex was pretty much acting like a lunatic but w
aniryllis
THIS COVER!!! OH GOD!
Screeeaming
Stacia (the 2010 club)
If you've read any of my reviews for previous installments of this series, you'll know where I stand and why I feel torn about even reading the series. In my last review, I opted out of saying much in favor of just shelving the book as read, but man, it's hard when I can't not compare. However, my curiosity to know how everything turns out won't allow me to quit reading.

Moving on. I'm a sucker for a male PoV, and this novella is in Aiden's PoV. It was sweet to see how he internalized his feelin
Andreea Pop
“Saint Delphi my ass.”

Well, bookworms everywhere who haven't read The Covenant series by JLA yet... Have you ever read something hauntingly good? A series that plays with your feelings on a regular basis? A story with such intense twists and huge sacrifices that leaves you breathless? That makes your heart flutter, your eyes water and your whole body just go Rambo at some particular scenes? Let me just say -- you just think you did. Because you don't experience true sadness and kick-ass emotional rides u
~Tina~
Recommended to ~Tina~ by: Alexa
~happy sigh~ This was exactly what I needed! I haven't been reading much lately, but if anyone could get me excited about books again, it's JLA baby!

Aiden is absolutely freaken amazing and such a beautiful beautiful man inside and out. You could feel his desperation and pain right down to your very core. It broke my heart for what Aiden had to do and it broke my heart to see Alex the way she was.

This is the ultimate love story about faith, love and hope and I'm right there with Aide
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

This is the book that comes between Deity and Apollyon. When I started to read Apollyon (thinking that this book wasn't necessary) I was very confused and realized that I had to read this one before hand. I did and it explained a lot of the answers so you should definitely read it first.
Elixir is told from Aiden's perspective and I loved being inside his head seeing what he was going through and his views of Alex and everything that was going on. There was action in this shorter n
Pilar ☽

Simply amazing,
I loved being inside Aiden's head. It's official, now I'm 60% Team Aiden and 40% Team Seth (For now, things may change).
Is it weird that I found freaky Alex amusing? I was laughing most of the time.
Great book! Can't get enough of this series. Off to "Apollyon" !!! Woop.
Dani
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*** If you have NOT read Deity, DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW.***

Seriously, it’ll spoil Deity for you. So unless you’re the kind of person who reads the last page first , you really don’t want to be here.

Still here? Ok, you’ve been sufficiently warned. Starting in 3… 2… 1…

After that jaw-dropper of a cliffhanger in Deity, I’ve been dying to find out what happens next. I’m pretty sure I could’ve survived (though just barely) not knowing what happens to Alex &
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
**Please note there are spoilers for Deity in this review

Oh. My. Gods! There are no words to describe just how excited I am to have read this novella. It is no surprise to anyone just how much of an enormous fan of Jennifer L Armentrout I am. She is without a doubt my favourite author of all time and there is nothing she can write that I will not completely obsess over. Add to that the fact that Covenant is my favourite series of all time and I am completely and utterly head-over-hee
AJ
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Aaaaahhh, is there anything better than a novella to give us more insight into a favourite series? Oh yes! A novella from the hero’s POV. SQUEEEEEE!! Yes, that’s right, it’s Aiden time, baby!!!

This was a great little read that relieved me of my tension after the cliffhanger that ended Deity. I now kn
Lucia
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, paranormal
When I first found out that there would be Aiden's point of view novella, I thought it would be some kind of "thank you" or gift from author to her readers who love Aiden and Covenant series. But Elixir was so much more. Aiden's point of view was definitely needed for the sake of storyline development and to be in his head was incredible. He is exactly a person Alex always thought he was, if not better. I have always been Team Aiden girl all the way but now my love for him is even stronger.
My Aiden:
My Aiden:

Even though this was only short read, so much has happened. Readers will find out new info about whole Apollyon thing, new Gods were introduced, couple of emotional scenes took place and much much more. If this is only a glimpse of what is coming in Apollyon, I seriously cannot wait!
Alaina

AIDEN HAS SEEN THE LIGHT PEOPLE!
He has finally fucking answered my prayers guys!

HE SAID I LOVE YOU TO ALEX. Which she obviously said back because that bitch was on the love train way before his ass. I'm so fucking happy right now. I love novellas. I love love. I seriously can't wait to read about this kick ass fight to go down between Aiden and Seth. I'm team Aiden obviously. I can't wait.
Donna {Book Passion For Life}
3 winners will receive a copy of Elixir. http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.co... - Ends on October 31st 2012! GO ENTER NOW!

"Alex, you have to be in there. I know you. Mt heart would not be beating if you were truly gone."

You all know how much I adore this series and after reading Elixir I know it's definitely my favourite series ever. The Covenant series just gets better and better with each book and Elixir really is just as phenomenal as the rest - maybe even better because it's a novella told from Aiden's point of view.

Elixir takes place
Natasha
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
5 elixir stars!

photo image_zpsg3qigo4b.jpg

Usually not big on novellas as they are short and you don't get much story but this one packed a punch!

Told completely from Aiden's POV it was brilliant. The emotions and feelings it evoked from me was shocking. You feel Aiden's love for Alex and his struggle to face that he may never see or feel the real her again.

Seth and Alex are connected and all she wants is to join with him and destroy the gods. It is chilling and so hard to see Alex go through all this shit.

Seriously
♥Rachel♥
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see what happens in Apollyon now!

I'd fight.

Alex. Seth. A whole slew of gods if necessary. No one was going to take Alex. No one was going to give up on her or hurt her--not even Alex.

Oh Aiden!! ♥♥♥

Big thanks to Spencer Hill Press for letting us read this early!
Maria Kaye
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading this has just re-sparked my interest in the Covenant series! Team Aiden now. Let's take down Seth!! *BATTLE CRY*
Brenna
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I heard there was a novella from Aiden's POV, I was so excited! But I wasn't expecting it to really move the storyline along, I thought it was going to be his POV of Deity or some other scenes from one of the other books. Once I started reading and realized that it picked up right where Deity left off I was beyond excited!!!

This novella was so heart wrenching - I felt so terrible for Aiden. He had to deal with the Alex, his heart and soul, being taken over by her connection to Seth. It was so awful to hear how Alex w
Mercedes
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
Elixir takes place between Deity and Apollyon, I wasn't originally going to pick it up but when I read the first few pages of Apollyon I felt a little lost and thought Elixir would shed some light on things. It did.

I don't know if Elixir is considered to be integral to the series (ie. do you have to read it?) but I definitely think it is. Things that happen between Deity and Apollyon are covered in this story and while all are mentioned in Apollyon, it's not the same as experiencing them in Eli
Kimberley doruyter
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
i find it very strange that a rather important plot point is in a novella and not it the novels it's self.
if your the kind of person how doen't bother with novella's your missing big info in this series.
Jacqueline's Reads
I am not a fan of novellas, I HARDLY read them and if I do, I am usually left disappointed. Also, I don’t really write formal reviews on novellas. I had no intentions of reading Elixir, if I did, it would have been when I finished the series. HOWEVER, several people told me I needed to read Elixir and that it was the bridge between Deity and Apollyon. So, like a good little girl, I did AND…

FUCK YEAH I DID!

If you have not read the series (book 1,2 and 3) do not continue reading…..

So, what an EPIC cliffy DeDID!
Liz

Elixir might have been a quick read but it packed quite a punch. Aiden's mind was such an amazing place to be. Wonder what it was like for him while Alex was on the Elixir? Well, take the time to read this jewel!

description

Alex is battling with her feelings for Aiden, her need to connect with Seth, and who she was meant to be. Aiden is desperate to get to her. Aiden is left to battle the gods, his peers, and the world. He will stop at nothing to keep her safe while she is in this fragile state.

“Alex, you have to be in there. I know you. My
heart would not be beating if you were truly gone.”

Aiden is so patient. He loves Alex and he vows to protect her. The strength that he shows in this boo only strengthened my love for this hero! So many beautiful moments of Alex and Aiden in this read. Even while on the Elixir their love was apparent.

description

Overall, this series will stay with me forever. I truly enjoyed every word of the text. The character development is rich, the action is well paced, and the love story is one of the best of all time! Ms. Armentrout is a genius and I will read every word that she publishes!

“I would burn down the world if that meant Alex would be safe.”

description

I truly loved Elixir! The calm before the storm!
Jennifer L Arment...: Book 3.5 - Elixir (Aiden's Novella) 144 270 Oct 05, 2018 08:52AM
Spa Elixir Cream 1 2 Feb 12, 2018 02:22AM
Instant Elixir Proactive Repair 1 2 Jan 08, 2018 11:59PM
Instant Elixir Proactive Repair 1 1 Jan 08, 2018 12:53AM
Aiden or Dimitri(VA)........?? 11 102 Jul 15, 2014 08:20AM
LUXEN Army: Elixir Discussions (spoilers) 1 7 Sep 05, 2013 07:45AM
Aiden or Daemon? 4 90 Dec 05, 2012 05:04PM

• Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • The Fall
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas (Split #1.5)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Crescendo
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • Other Worlds
  • Indebted (The Premonition, #3)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Vir

Covenant (5 books)
  • Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)
  • Pure (Covenant, #2)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
“Love is such a wild and reckless creature. It cannot be planned or threaded. It cannot be controlled. Love can coexist with Fate, or it can undo it. Love is the only thing more powerful than Fate.” 154 likes
“I feel it in here," she said, placing her hand against her chest and then against her stomach, "and here. It’s like there’s not enough air or room inside me. That I may… burst out of my skin or drown in it, and that wouldn’t be a bad thing. I don’t know why I feel this way, but I always have… and will." She tipped her chin up and her entire face was a rosy color. "It’s you. I… I love you.” 141 likes