Start by marking “The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)

The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #7)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  55,544 Ratings  ·  2,819 Reviews

Love is in the air - but what does that mean for Greg Heffley?

A Valentine's Day dance at Greg's middle school has turned his world upside down. As Greg scrambles to find a date, he's worried he'll be left out in the cold on the big night. His best friend, Rowley, doesn't have any prospects either, but that's a small consolation.

An unexpected twist gives Greg a partner for

Published November 13th 2012 by Amulet Books (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Third Wheel, please sign up.
Bee No. This site is for tracking and rating books, not for reading free books. However, you can find here some classics for free.
Bee This is that type of book without specific genre. Some people call it realistic fiction so this can be an answer to your question. It is also kind of…moreThis is that type of book without specific genre. Some people call it realistic fiction so this can be an answer to your question. It is also kind of comic/graphic novel as it uses a lot of pictures to tell a story. (less)

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Amara, my eight year old niece. <3

So my husband and I visited my sister and her family and the first room I checked when we got there was my niece’s and of course the first thing I inspected was her bookshelf. She probably noticed me maliciously eyeing this one. Good, sensible eight year old handed it to me even before I could say a word. *wipes tears*

This is exactly what I needed after the heartbreak I went through with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, a mindless, comic read. Greg tries his best to find a date for Vale
Archit Ojha
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks

AND I'm done!

A total riot.

This one, the seventh in the last 20 days says some things.

First : Jeff Kinney is a total ROCKSTAR . He has mastered the art of writing great episodes one after the other.

Second : I am a lifetime fan. No proofs needed.

Third : There's always something or the other thing trolling Greg. I can assure you that no square inch of the book turned out as boring. None.

Fourth : The third wheel or the stepney, your life never fails to get hold of the funny bone. May true love bl
Raeleen Lemay
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
No way! This comes out on my birthday!

May 17 Update: Ahhh joke's on me. It's the day AFTER my birthday now.

August 3 Update: AHAHAHA publication on this book is trollin' me, it's being released on my birthday again. NOVEMBER 13, YEAAAH.

It was okay... Definitely not as funny as the first ones.
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7), c2011, Jeff Kinney
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel is a 2012 bestselling children's novel and the seventh book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, written by American author Jeff Kinney. Kinney announced the book in March 2012, with The Third Wheel's cover revealed in May 2012. The book was released on November 13, 2012.
After talking about what his life was like from before he was born to his preschool years, Greg explains some of the parenting me
Adam N
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ashley ♡
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm so exited for the book!

[image error]

Update: Finished reading! It lasted me two days. Thank you Ryan for checking it out from the libary for me!!! (Little brother)
Kenny Hernandez
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was GREAT!!! It talk about Greg's life in the start then when you start reading more to it it goes from gregs life to his dance. But you should see what happens to him in the end. I could go on because this is the BEST diary of a wimpy kid book. I Kenny Hernandez could relate to Gregs life. Knowing from Greg that stuff goes great to bad is just like me because I may be in first then come in last. But my point is that this book is THE BEST!!! give this book a 10!!!!!
Olivia L.
I am currently reading a book called The Third Wheel by Jeff Kiney. So far my favorite character is Manny, a.k.a 3 year old devil. I like Manny because he is so clever and I have never experienced a little brother. He gets Greg in trouble a lot and I feel bad for him. He does things that I would have never thought a 3 year old could do. If I could change one thing about Manny, I would change his social life skills, because he should have real friends, so that he doesn't bully Greg so much, that ...more
dalal.xo
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finished reading! It lasted me only two days. It was FUNNY, well- written, easy and quick read. Of course, this is for children but I don't care i read EVERYTHING!!
I can relate to this character, i know what it feels like to only have one true friend . This book is for ppl who want to laugh out loud. I highly recommend it. And I
Kayla Ashley
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
My brother and I are a big fan of the Wimpy Kid series. The books are usually hilarious! This one was probably my least favourite so far though. Just not as funny as the other ones in the series. Still enjoyable, but it felt like something was really lacking in this one...
Pooja
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
A diary is always my favorite 'kind of' book to read, specially if it's of somebody else's.

I remember ending up reading two juniors' diaries when they were out. I won't say I was spying, because I was not. Espionage is just not my thing.

They were careless enough to leave their important stuff in the open and how can you stop someone who would read anything readable. The thing is the diaries weren't funny.

Generally, People seem to write diaries when they are upset and want to get out of it. I w
Anna
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Στους δύο τρίτος δεν χωρεί, αλλά το θέμα είναι πάντα ποιος είναι αυτός ο τρίτος! Ένα βιβλίο για σχολικούς χορούς, καλτ μπεργκεράδικα, ανεμοβλογιά, ραντεβού με κορίτσια (τι είναι αυτό το παράξενο είδος;) και φιλοσοφικά ερωτήματα για τη ζωή του εμβρύου κατά την εγκυμοσύνη!
Amelia Handoko
Jul 23, 2012 marked it as interested
I even haven't read the Cabin Fever yet this one release date is out already? Oh geeez.
Lego Robot Ninja
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: My friend Aiden.
Mum: How many stars?

LRN: Four and a half.

Mum: You pretty much love Greg Heffley with all your heart; why the missing half-star?

LRN: The thing is, it's about love, and that makes me aggghhhh. Any story that involves love makes me kind of crazy.

Mum: Oh, so does Greg get some smooches?

LRN: Not exactly, but his friend does.

Mum: Which one? The skinny one?

LRN: No, I mean Rowley.

Mum: Anything else about this story?

LRN: The thing is, he gets a date, but really Rowley gets it.

Mum: Oh, so like a middl
Melanie
We got forced to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid as a transition text for year 7. Not the best way to get introduced into this series but yeah, okay, it wasn't that bad. The teachers said that it would be great if we could finish it during summer holidays so when we began school we would feel more confident and know what it's like. Erm..NO, DO NOT READ THIS AS A TRANSITION TEXT. Who has a cheese touch in high school? Geez.. Anyway this is a review on The Third Wheel not the first book.

I was horrifical
Jaylia3
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I pretend to buy these books for my students, but the truth is I can't resist the humor myself.
Prashant
I won't lie about the fact that I was very excited to read this book. It's mostly because

- the first 5 books' box set lived right on my desk close to bed till I finished them all
- I ordered and read the 6th book as soon as I finished the set

So how is this latest installment?

As with almost all the series (consider Potter as an exception)this is not as good and fun as the initial ones. Gregory is still faltering at different levels and his filial love is still on tenterhooks. But again the exper
Dylan S
1/10/13
I just finished reading Diary of a Wimpy kid: The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney. This book is hilarious and romantic all at the same time. It starts out In an ordinary life in middle school and then to really gets to the point. Greg (the main character) has been trying to work up the nerve to ask out his biggest crush Holly Hills to the dance, but Greg's WAY to nervous to ask her out and the only problem is........ well, If you want to know what happens after that I can't tell you so I guess
07Marcus Bishop

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury: I intend to prove that the book “Diary of a Wimpy Kid the Third Wheel,” by Jeff Kinney is a very good book at telling many different sub-plots besides the main one. However, there were areas in this book that were not quite as good at giving an ending or a reasonable ending to all of the sub-plots. Narrated by a first-person narrator, Greg Hefley is a Junior High School student who is having some trouble with love. The main issue in this book is the Valentine’s
Nana S.
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I just read The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney. It is the seventh book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. In the book, there is a Valentine's Day Dance at Greg Heffley's school. The problem is that he cant find anyone to go with him. The whole time as he rushes to find someone to go to the dance with him he's worried he'll be left out on the big night. When I first read this book I was disappointed because it wasn't as funny or good as the the other book in the series. Also sometimes the author goe ...more
Christine Marie
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
This one was actually pretty funny. It was fun to see Greg grow up, but still have the same hilarious adventures with Rowley and the gang from Greg's middle school. I would give it four stars because it was really funny and an easy read. I mean as far as comic books go. I can't say it's a very good book but in it's own field, this one was another prize winner by Jeff Kinney.

P.S. Got this SUPER CHEAP at Target.
ياسمين ثابت
Nov 08, 2012 rated it liked it
So addicting.
Madi
Sep 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
I LOVED the other books. this is the newest one and I'm seriously dying to read it ;)
Josiah
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is respected for two main reasons: the books' appeal to the most reluctant readers, and their side-splitting humor. After a bit of a lull in the previous few books, Jeff Kinney returns to comedic form in The Third Wheel, presenting some of his best jokes since the early entries in the series. The little kid at church who pretends he's a vampire, and convinces Greg's three-year-old brother Manny it's true? The picture book that Greg's mother wrote about Biting Bradley? Both ...more
Miguel
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER ALERT** Ever wanted to read a book about a kid who s life is it all that. the genre of this book is realistic fiction. I liked this book because I can really relate to the main character in the book.
The setting of this book is in a school and in a few of the characters houses and in a gym. Greg wanted a date to the dance but no one likes him so he tries to do anything for a date. Greg is a kid that no one likes and he is in 7th grade. He only has one true friend and his Name is rowely
Close Enough
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english
in this book Greg was looking for a partner for the valentain's day dance , he went with Rowley and his friend Abigail as a group to dance, the party turned to be a huge mess , you will probably enjoy reading this part , in the end Greg got chicken pox he thought it was from his friend Rowley , i like this book , it was funny in general 🙈
Megan
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have read all the Wimpy Kid books so far, and I canNOT wait for this one to come out! I am PSYCHED!!!!! Jeff Kinney, you rule!
Khrysy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
It's nice, but quite short.
Joana
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book.
Live Video Chat with Jeff Kinney 686 359 Mar 12, 2018 03:52PM
Diary of a Wimpy Kid The Third Wheel 1 7 Nov 18, 2016 05:26PM
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke (Big Nate Novels, #4)
  • The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee  (Origami Yoda, #3)
  • School. Hasn't This Gone on Long Enough? (Dear Dumb Diary Year Two #1)
  • Captain Disaster (Squish, #4)
  • Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants, #9)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!  (Middle School, #2)
  • Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.
More about Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #11)

Fiction Deals

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Gates of Rome (Emperor, #1)
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things
  • Edward Adrift
  • The Restaurant Critic's Wife
    $3.99 $1.99
“He got the crib, so for the first few months of my life I had to sleep in the top dresser drawer, which I'm pretty sure isn't even legal.” 10 likes
“I don't know what a guy needs to do to impress a girl these days.” 10 likes