Start by marking “Assignment: Nepal (Irene Adler Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
Assignment: Nepal (Irene Adler Mysteries)

Assignment: Nepal (Irene Adler Mysteries)

When Irene Adler receives a plea for help on her answering machine from a former classmate it sends her to Nepal, a land of beauty, tika flowers, blackmail, and murder.

The death of a Sherpa who has fallen on a mountain pass, student demonstrations, the murder of a Russian salesman, and finally, the bombing of a hotel in Kathmandu all have one thing in common: some photos f
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assignment

Start your review of Assignment: Nepal (Irene Adler Mysteries)
Carl Brookins
Dec 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Readers of this review should be aware that this press has published some of my crime fiction and I am acquainted with the publisher, though not with the two authors writing under a single pseudonym.
The protagonist is named Irene Adler. Not the woman who beat Sherlock Holmes at his own game, her modern namesake, a Doctor of Philosophy in Anthropology at Boston University. Adler has a demi-cynical outlook on life and it turns out she supplements her income by playing poker; specifically Texas Ho
Lynnette Dobberpuhl
Dec 22, 2011 rated it liked it
The title Assignment: Nepal by J.A. Squires caught my eye because I love opportunities for armchair travel plus the escape of a mystery. This genre-faithful novel gave me exotic locations and culture, a strong female protagonist and some bonus glimpses into the worlds of academia and high stakes poker.

Doctor of Anthropology Irene Adler is called upon by her former advisor to check in on an old friend doing dissertation work in Nepal. Adler finds a great deal more to be concerned about upon arriv
Ella Grey
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I requested this story to review.

The reason i wanted to read this story is because of the lead characters name. I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes, so i recognized the name of Irene Adler as being the only woman to best Sherlock.

Assignment Nepal, is a adventure story featuring a woman who is a blend of Indiana Jones and another adventurers. She is given a task by a former professor, and she leaves her witty parrot and a man that she has a complicated relationship with and goes to Nepals.

J.A. Squires
Melissa Medina
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great first mystery ... I only read this book because it came recommended by someone I trust (http://kanatyler.com/2011/12/24/reade...) and I'm really glad I did. I fell in love with the protagonist, Irene Adler (she was named after *the* Irene Adler) and just loved her take on life; I think she had me smiling on every page.

Add to that an interesting twist on the typical amateur detective: Irene is an anthropologist who makes a living playing poker and talks to her African Gray parrot. Who, of c
Roshan Dong