Start by marking “Meadow Pause Revisited” as Want to Read:
Meadow Pause Revisited

Meadow Pause Revisited

Poetry and Art
Musing on Life with all of its hot flashes, opinions and challenges. Reexamining the pain and finding peace joy and humor in the process. Take a look back and then flash forward to the present with this New York/ Hawaii transplanted baby boomer as she shares her highs, lows and everything in-between.
Paperback, First, 106 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Meadow Pause Revisited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meadow Pause Revisited

Phoenix Carvelli
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review copy won on Goodreads.com on 2-17-12. Sorry for delay, mail package just found in former neighbor's garage 5-12-12.

Cornelia Connie D. DeDona does a masterful work in Meadow Pause Revisited. The descriptive verses of sites around the Islands makes me long for a trip there! The Barber turned back time to when my father was a barber before long hair was "groovy."

Whether describing the beauty and power of a volcano or islands of plastic garbage, the author paints a vivid picture and feeling w
Haley
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I have never read any poetry quite like Cornelia's. Her sass and quirkiness bleeds through the lines in her book, Meadow Pause Revisited. Some of her poems don't make a bit of sense, but I found most of them to be very well-written (even if they are a tad abrasive). I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Melissa
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I won this book on goodreads. This was an interesting book of poems and pictures. I usually don't read poetry books, but this was very enjoyable.
Jan Folks
Feb 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pretty book. A relaxing way to spend time over & over again. Will make you smile with your our memories of the past. Seeing the pictures makes me long for a Hawaiian retreat!
Cornelia DeDona
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Women
Poetry and Photography. Take a wild ride slipping from sensitivity to brashness down the menopause slide and find your own peace, wisdom and inner joy in the process.

I received a beautiful handwritten review from my friend Mary Judd who I volunteer with at the friends of the Library: Mary says,

"Connie is an elegant, perceptive poetess. Full of knowledge, she delivers with a rare beat of rhythmic angst, expressing for others the joy as well as the life we know
June Trop
Mar 17, 2014
Jeanne Bay
Dec 15, 2011
Free Books, .99, ...: Giveaway 1 11 Nov 16, 2011 09:36AM
Cornelia DeDona is the recognized author of Letters to a Prisoner by Connie D. She is a co-editor and the creator of one Anthology, Saturdays with Lillian. Published from 2008-2013 in Rain Bird, award-winning Literary and Art journal of Windward Community College, Kaneohe, Hawaii; in 2010 her poem, Writing Retreat received Rain Bird's, Kolekolea Honorable Mention and in 2013, she won Rain Bird's c ...more
“Are you aware that they inject all kinds of antibiotics into that meat you eat?
Yes, that same food supply and those same corporations that are actually causing and perpetuating WORLD HUNGER, because we humans could be eating the grain that they are feeding to the cows, that could live quite well on GRASS, if we didn't destroy the topsoil in this country's heartland; there are livestock an chickens that are being injected with hormones to make them grow bigger and faster and forced to live in filthy cramped conditions just so they can be slaughtered and end up on you high priced plate next to that tiny gray vegetable that you cooked to death instead of steaming.”
2 likes