Start by marking “Knitprovisation: 70 Imaginative Projects Mixing Old with New” as Want to Read:
Knitprovisation: 70 Imaginative Projects Mixing Old with New

Knitprovisation: 70 Imaginative Projects Mixing Old with New

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  20 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Over 70 Creative Projects to Make, Remake and Remix

It's more important to be cool and look good than to stick to the rules! This is a book on knitting and crochet that will inspire knitters and crocheters to think outside of the box.  It challenges them to experiment and break with tradition-- to mix new methods, material, techniques and designs and enjoy the relationship
Published January 9th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Knitprovisation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitprovisation

Alexandra
Feb 18, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters
I really like this book because instead of publishing stich by stitch patterns, it just shows pictures and a rough rundown of techniques required to generate a similar garment.

I think the finished garments are cute and it has inspired some ideas for future projects. Great use of contrasting color, stitch techniques, fabric juxtoposition and unexpected construction techniques. Highly recommended.
Jessica
Aug 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
Inspirational if not informative, this book gives you a plethora of ideas for ways to incorporate that growing collection of half-knitted things you keep shoving into places to hide from your spouse or housemates so they won't know that you're starting your 243rd project this week. Ramnek's projects are super Scandinavian, fun-looking stuff that most people wouldn't really wear. No patterns here, but there are a few projects with detailed guidelines. More often, you are encouraged to go wild on ...more
Evie
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009
Not at all what I expected. When it comes right down to it, the ideas are sound. Take found secondhand pieces and make them your own. Embellish with stitchery. Reuse and recycle. Construct interesting clothing that is as unique as the indie craftster you are. I get this.

The pieces in the book, on the other hand, are pretty rough. Asymmetrical clothing constructed of clashing patterns and colours modeled on pale, sickly looking children. The absolute dredges of thrift store culture. Ouch. If I ha
Jan
Apr 12, 2010 rated it did not like it
I get that the author is trying to inspire people to use objects and create unique items. That is fine. But to be inspired I have to say, gee, I would love to make something like that. Not, my god, can you believe someone wasted thier time doing that. These are without a doubt some of the ugliest, most random things I have ever seen. Maybe a doily should just be a doily.
Mary
Jan 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: craft, library-books
This just didn't interest me as much as some of the others, but I will look at it again before I return it to the library.
Kendra
Sep 03, 2008
Dawn Downes
Jan 05, 2016
Apryl Anderson
5 stars for innovation and explanation, but YIKES! As much as I have a penchant for unique, inspired clothing, I wouldn't want to be caught dead in any of them, and sad to say, the styling and lighting on the children really seems as if they were—or pitifully malnourished, perhaps. Is this an attempt at making post-Communist Romania a fashion statement? In a different setting there might be some redemptive value...I'm curious to determine what that setting could be...
Bug
rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2009
C.
rated it did not like it
Sep 07, 2012