Start by marking “The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1” as Want to Read:
The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1

The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1

14 year old Stephen moves into a tough neighborhood and soon finds himself in love with Kristine, one of the prettiest girls in his class. Kristine appears to like him, too, but Stephen learns she “belongs” to a big, mean football player who’s three years older. Despite warnings from his best friend, Stephen moves ahead anyway. All hell breaks loose. Will Stephen allow him ...more
Published by For Readers of Ian McEwan, Stephen King, J.D. Salinger, Alice Sebold, Mark Twain Publishing Co. (first published May 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1

Start your review of The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1
Adisha Kariyawasam
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading the first book of this eye-opening 2 book series. I understand that this was one of Mike Wells' first novels and his inimitable writing style shines through every page.

Packed full of wonderful character studies in very awkward situations, this novel grabbed my attention throughout.

Although it is aimed at the young adult reader, more mature readers will enjoy it too. I was able to connect with it on many levels. It reminded me of one of my favourite Stephen King novels '
Michele Wesley
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Excellent. I could not put this book down; read it in one day and could not wait to get into the second book!
Otis Teague
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow! I thought I was back in High School all over again. Good Book! Look forward to reading more from Mike Wells.
John
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What a really good story. Great characters and a sort of "cliffhanger" ending. Can't wait to pick up Book 2! ...more
Iannucci
Jul 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
The awesome ending is a cliff-hanger.
Lyric
Jul 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, intriguing, drama was enthralling.
Holly Westbrook
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book.I couldn't out it down. The main character was relatable. I read the while book in a day! I had gotten it from Amazon has a free e book. I really enjoyed it. ...more
Adickes
Jul 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The characters were real, not static. They changed and developed as the story moved on.
Lillie
Jul 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
A departure from my usual genres of choice, but very good.
Gail
Jul 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a awesome read.
Allen Ratings
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
A good writer can write about anything.
Gail
Jul 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you read %v_array_gen[1]%, then you will love this marvelous novel.
Maynes
Jul 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It is a very gripping book with lots of characters and lots of drama.
Reviews by Shavon
Jun 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Wrong Side of the Tracks, Book 1 got my juices flowing.
Scott Benoit
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great story, quick read but really good did not expect many things.
Raven
Jul 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
This peek behind the curtain reveals an assortment of not-so-nice people, all with agendas and baggage who are often at cross purposes.
DOLLY
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was surprised to discover that all of a sudden, I was 20 percent of the way into the book.
Terri
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read books 1 and 2 together as an audio book, so I will leave the same review under both books!

I loved this book. I would classify it as a young adult read, but I believe it is a family read, maybe between PG-13 and a R rating (only due to a few words). There are many things in here to discuss as a family on what went wrong & what would be the right way to handle things. I think these kind of stories are pretty close to reality for some of our kids and need to be discussed.

Steven is a good k
Terry Palardy
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Young men begin as growing boys, and pass through challenges of adolescence surrounded by peers. The characters in this story are high school students, ninth grade and some eleventh, some wealthy and some without luxuries in their lives.

Their friendships are controlled in large part by their geography within their town. The haves are with the haves, and the have nots stay close to each other.

Mike Wells has a clear understand of adolescence demonstrated in the real and raw emotions he shows thro
Rhoda D'Ettore
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Master of character development, Mike Wells, pumps out another winner! Mr. Wells taps into a stage in life that can easily connect with all readers--adolescence. Riddled with the things, good and bad, that every teen experiences, this books pulls the reader in immediately. Peer pressure, teen crushes, drunken and broken homes, bullies, and friendships twist this story into a tale that could be told by anyone, yet can only be brought to life by one--Mr. Wells. From the annoying little brother you ...more
Janice Spina
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
While reading this book I was reminded of Stephen King's, Stand By Me, with its' family problems and the hard luck attitude of the characters. These characters are so real and their lives so heart wrenching that I was quickly drawn into the story. The main character is someone we all knew growing up, a good kid who tries hard to fit in yet as the same time wants to blend in and not be noticed.

Mike Wells has done an outstanding job on this book creating a touching and emotional story that grips
Diana
Apr 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
While I found the storyline intriguing and the characters endearing, I was disappointed that this story was cut short. It's not a first book in a series, but rather, the first half of a book. Nothing was resolved, therefore, it's unfinished. I think the author needs to be honest and just put both parts of the book together into one complete story instead of trying to say they are two separate novels. Disappointed in this incomplete novel. If I was reviewing both "books" as one novel, my rating w ...more
Chip Luonuansuu
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A coming of age story everyone can relate to. Two friends share the joys, and heartache of the teen years.
Margaret Aranda
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Compelling.
Cora Ramos
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
2 Part book. Excellent, engaging, well worth reading whether you are a teenager or adult. Wonderfully compelling read.
Jen
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
good book of coming of age
Annie
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
good story...full review after book 2!
Victoria
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Is a great book to read
Tina
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
need to get book 2 the anticipation of what happens next can't wait ...more
Nancy Fornataro
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
With his usual flair, Mike Wells brings us vivid young characters, and a scene at a dinner table that reminded me of our house!! thanks for a really fun read, Mike!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• If You Must Know (Potomac Point, #1)
  • I Thought You Said This Would Work
  • An Unfinished Story
  • Stranded
  • I Will Make You Pay
  • The Girl Who Could Catch Fire: A Magical Realism Fantasy Story.
  • Girl With A Rose (Tess Winnett #6)
  • The Girl from Silent Lake (Detective Kay Sharp #1)
  • Happily Whatever After
  • The First Wife's Secret
  • Keep Me Afloat
  • One Lost Soul (Hidden Norfolk #1)
  • The Liar’s Daughter
  • Dear Neighbour
  • The Bone Box (Waterman and Stark, #0.5)
  • Alone in the Woods (Detective Alyssa Wyatt #3)
  • Constable on the Hill
  • The Thing About Clare
Email me at mike (at) mikewellsbooks.com or follow me on Twitter (@MikeWellsAuthor) and get a FREE copy of one of my bestselling books. I'm an American author best known for my Lust, Money & Murder series and and written more than 25 other thriller and suspense novels. I also have taught in the Creative Writing program at Oxford. I'm known for my super fast-paced, 'unputdownable' books.

Please visi