Start by marking “Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1) ” as Want to Read:
Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)

Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1) (Sheisty series #1)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  2,289 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Epiphany Wright, Keisha Moore and Shana Scott spent their teenage years as the best of friends growing up in the hood of Southside Jamaica Queens. Now as adults, their friendship is put to the test when envy, built up animosity, hidden betrayal and the bad boys in their lives cause havoc. Every day becomes a struggle to keep the clique tight. Every day something beats agai ...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Triple Crown Publications (first published January 31st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sheisty (Sheisty series, #1)

Kitani
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Epiphany, Keisha and Shana are best friends that chose different paths as they got older. Epiphany basically believed you had to pay to play. With Shana you couldn't really knock her hustle but the way she handled certain situations were uncalled for. Keisha was the most level headed of the three but along the way caught herself in some mess. Smitty did Epiphany wrong but she set herself up in that situation. Just when it seemed Epiphany thought she would be settling down she found out what C-Go ...more
Stacey Price
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book that I have read by this author and when I started reading it I wasn't sure that this was the book for me but as I got into it this book was great and I must say I can't wait to read the second book.
Syeda
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that got me interested in reading urban books. Since then I have read many books by this company. This book is a must read!
Steph
Oct 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
some people will look you dead in the face and lie so make sure you are prepared
Kayla Hawkins
This book is about three girls who grew up together in New York. They all had different lifestyles but somehow they became friends. Their names are Keisha, Epiphany, And Shana they have been best friends since they were little. Keisha grew up with an alcoholic mother and she had two little sisters. Keisha doesn’t have the same father as her two little sisters and her childhood wasn’t that great. Most of the time when Keisha’s mother would get drunk she would stay at Epiphany’s house, which was l ...more
Jocelyn
The book I read is called Sheisty by T.N Baker. This fiction book takes you on a bumpy ride! Three bestfriends are tearing apart because of men and money, that's all it takes. Trust is taken away and tension grows!
Keisha,Epiphany and Shana were bestfriends since they were teens now that they've grown up to be older adults everything starts to change. All these girls want is Sex, Money and Men! Keisha gets pregant by the love of her life and puts her family before anything, while Epiphany and S
Lesa Divine
Jun 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-it, i-own
What can I say. Love this book dang picked it up this morning done with it before bed time I just couldn't put it down. I have to get Still Sheisty now. Shana omg this girl had 2 different lifestyles one with a chick on her back then K.C all about what he going to do to C-God when he get out. Now Keisha had her cake and eating it to. I just can't wait to see what happens with her and Tucker in Still Sheisty. But, I had to give it for E that girl was all about her S**t at the end. Giving it to T. ...more
Dee Cherry
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fiction
These 3....This book had the perfect title to describe Epiphany, Keisha & Shauna. I must say these females have a lot going on in their lives. T.N. Baker provided a good storyline & short descriptive chapters that made for a good read. Looking forward to reading Still Sheisty to see what additional drama these 3 provoke in others lives.
Bob Schnell
Feb 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: general-fiction
I will give any genre a shot and this was recommended to me as a classic of urban fiction. Let's just say that I am obviously not the intended audience and I found no redeeming value or literary quality to the story, characters, style or tone. At least I can say I tried.
Danielle M
This book was sooooo good I read it in one day, the characters are off the hook and the way it ends will have u on the edge of your seat
Mr. Pe Mr. Pe
this is a great book and i recommend it to everyone
B
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
wow! with friends. like these who needs enemies...'bout to read #2, because it can't end like that!!
Tanaya Byrd
Dec 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who hates the non-realistic school books
This book was phenomanal! I LOVED IT!!!!!! its not like regular books
Aaliyah Wilson
May 03, 2011 is currently reading it
sheisty was a over all a pretty good book, it told the story of what happens to some women that grow up in the project. the mane characters were three women named Epiphany wright, Keisha Moore, and Shana Scott that as kids were best friend but as adults the still remain friend but they want the same bound.
epiphany wright is what most people would call a free spirit, she does and says most thing without thinking about it. she tell people how she really feels no matter who they are except the man
Black Carrie
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can a teenage friendship survive adulthood. In my opinion, T.N. Baker has written a very realistic coming of age tale that happens to take place in the hood. Close friends since their teens, Epiphany, Keisha, and Shana are now grown up, but with their hood mentality accompanying the young women into adulthood, their morals and values are rather skewed.

The love of material possession, men of dubious character, and plain greed test the friendship.

There is a cliffhanger ending with a preview of boo
Angel Hicks
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sheisty

Some of the things could have been avoided if the girls would have stuck together .. Ephihany annoyed me she was all about self and didn't value her friendships. She thought she was better then everyone else .. Keisha is the only one who seems like she having a good relationship going on but somehow she manages to screw it up .. Shana girl is letting a man from jail rule her selling her hopes and dreams and using her to get back on . Tanya just wants to be loved ..
Kimberly
I hate cliff hangers and this book has one. Now in order for me to determine what happened I need to purchase the second book. Why can't authors write the story in one book? The book was decent for an urban story and I like narrator Nicole Small because she brings another level to the story. I reserve my full review for the ending of the series. Hopefully the second installment is the last.
Nicole
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shocked is the only way to explain how I feel. I still think Shana is the one who set Keisha up at her party, and I feel bad for Epiphany even though she was a bitch most times. Also I'm thinking K.C and Smitty had something to do with Mike getting killed and not Tucker and Malikai. But off to read the second part.
Barbie
Aug 29, 2012 added it
Yanisha
May 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ANYONE WHO CAN HANDLE THE LIFE STYLE OF A GHETTO GIRLS WHO GREW UP IN DRAMA
GREAT BOOK, SPEAKS THE TRUTH ON THE STREETS AND HOW THINGS HAPPEN IN THE GHETTO. THIS BOOK REALLY PUT A CHECK ON MY SURRONDINGS AND MY COMPANY
*~CONN!3~
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This read was a hot mess
Camisha Maze
Loved it! Can't wait to read the 2nd part
Ericka
Mar 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Omg . . . I Need to Go to The Library and Get The Second one.! This Was Great . . . Always Smething New. Alot of Surprises, but I've Read so Many Books like This so Some Things Were Obvious.
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Mediocre editing, interesting story line. Quick, mindless read overall.
JazzyRacquel
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This Book Is Soooo Gooood ! ♥ I Can Not Wait To Read Part 2 ! ♥
Stacey Price
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book I really enjoyed it.
Jessica
Apr 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
To not give a f*ck about anything or anybody.Get it however I can.
Kellee
Mar 15, 2008 rated it liked it
I read this book so long ago that I can't remember anything about it or how much I liked it.
Shayla
Jul 05, 2008 added it
da best book loved it 4 life☻☺
Tamara
Nov 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
OMG them girls were crazy!
  • Hold U Down
  • Crackhead
  • Black & Ugly
  • Grindin'
  • A Gangster's Girl
  • Whore
  • Black
  • Diary of a Street Diva (Dirty Money, #1)
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • The Millionaire Mistress
  • Hoodwinked
  • A Project Chick
  • Dirty Red
  • I'm Still Wifey (Wifey Series, #2)
  • Hood Rat (Hood Rat #1)
Librarian Note:
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.
More about T.N. Baker...

Sheisty series (2 books)
  • Still Sheisty (Sheisty series, #2)