Start by marking “The Way of Kings, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #1, Part 2 of 2)” as Want to Read:
The Way of Kings, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #1, Part 2 of 2)

The Way of Kings, Part 2

(The Stormlight Archive #1, Part 2)

According to mythology mankind used to live in The Tranquiline Halls. Heaven. But then the Voidbringers assaulted and captured heaven, casting out God and men. Men took root on Roshar, the world of storms. And the Voidbringers followed ...

They came against man ten thousand times. To help them cope, the Almighty gave men powerful suits of armor and mystical weapons, known a
Published 2011 by Gollancz (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Way of Kings, Part 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of Kings, Part 2

Start your review of The Way of Kings, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #1, Part 2 of 2)
Warda
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
2nd reread.
Sanderson will forever continue to impress me.

————————————

I'm going to try and attempt to review this book.

The scope of this series is too massive for me to provide you with an adequate synopsis. It's going to become a 10 book series, and we've probably just about scratched the surface with 2 books released so far out of 10.

This story follows a set of characters, coming from all different walks of life. A soldier turned slave, a lord that commands armies and protects the king, as
Jonathan O'Neill
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-fantasy
4.5⭐

‘The Way of Kings – Part 1 and 2’

A gripping and immersive introduction to the vast world of Roshar and a stunning masterclass on the Art of Worldbuilding. A typically spellbinding final sequence as well as the prospect of what this world could become has had me dancing around the house like Van Damme from that bar scene in ‘Kickboxer’ for the best part of an hour (If you haven’t seen it, do yourself a favour).

Browsing through Goodreads, it has come to my attention that there aren’t nearly e
Caroline
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
BRUH this book went from 0 to 100 so fucking quick. I thought there was a lot of stuff happening and I was really enjoying it and then near the end all the different plots went crazy and it was amazing. Loved it so much and can't wait to continue the series! ...more
❄️BooksofRadiance❄️
PURE. PERFECTION. In every way.
I don’t know what else can be said...
William Gwynne
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
I now have a YouTube channel that I run with my brother, called 'The Brothers Gwynne'. Check it out - The Brothers Gwynne

My expanded review of The Way of Kings is now on Booknest.eu. http://booknest.eu/component/k2/william/1576-the-way-of-kings-the-stormlight-archive-1-by-brandon-sanderson

“It is the journey that shapes us. Our callused feet, our backs strong from carrying the weight of our travels, our eyes open with the fresh delight of experience lived.”

Way of Kings Part 2 continued the fi
Dannii Elle
This is the second part of the first instalment in The Stormlight Archive series.

Despite regarding this book an absolute masterpiece, I can understand the hesitancy of others to revere it in quite the same way. Sanderson spends large portions of this book informing the reader about the convoluted magical system, the geographical disparities, the social hierarchy and ruling classes, the non-human entities, the politics of war, the history that this war has ravaged upon the lands, and so, so much
Jonathan Terrington

Note

Before reading the rest of this review I'd like to note that this is a two part review with notes from a first reading and a second reading. Like with any fantasy epic beginning this entire work starts out slowly but this second part becomes much faster and more readable. I encourage reading of this book, because as noted later it was my favourite book read in 2012 and I have been eagerly waiting for this novel almost as much as I awaited the finale of The Wheel of Time.

In short I wanted to
Nadine
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Updated review (August 2020)

What is there to say about The Way of Kings other than that it’s a masterpiece of fantasy writing? I certainly wouldn’t recommend starting your Sanderson journey with The Stormlight Archive, but once you get here you’ll understand.

This is my first time rereading The Way of Kings and I’m glad I did. I first read it three years ago and have since forgotten a lot of the details. One of the most interesting aspects I noticed during my reread was my reaction to the novel
Elena
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I feel like every single book by Brandon Sanderson that I read is better than the previous one... How is that even possible?
Melissa | melisthereader
*Overall rating 4.75*

I want to give this all the stars, but since it took so long to get into, I'm giving it a 4.75.
I just don't understand how Brandon Sanderson can create such awesome, vast worlds. Absolutely mind-boggling. I loved it, so much. The characters, the plot, the build-up. Yes to all! It was so good. So. Good.
daisy
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, fantasy
I'm definitely going to have a review up for it at some point, but it's late and I'm tired af.

What I will say: I think this is probably one of my new all-time favourite novels. Brandon Sanderson and his damn crafty endings, at it again.

I'd planned to read another book entirely after finishing this one, but I think I'm just gonna dive straight into Words of Radiance tbqh!!
Beth
I know I said I’d write a full review, buuuuuuuut I’m in Italy and not back until Sunday evening.

However that was incredible.

I love Kaladin.
Bridge Four are my Boys.
Dalinar and Adolin grew on me very very much
Sadeas... snip snip from my friendship group
Jasnah and Shallan. Some unexpected things!
Szeth... I need more!
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Sanderson did it AGAIN! A slow burn and then BOOM - the ending. His endings are always a surprise, but I love that it‘s never something you couldn‘t have figuered out - I always have that satisfying Aha-moment, sometimes I figure it out just a second before he explains it. Sanderson‘s endings are responsible for some of the best reading expieriences I had.
I‘m happy that I read this first installment in the Stormlight Archive in two parts - otherwise it would have been too long for me and that wo
Robbie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 of my Way Of Kings review
There was not one moment in this book that I did NOT believe that everything that was happening was absolutely real and important to the story. I thought that, perhaps somewhere in the 1000 pages of this book, I might get bored or frustrated - or even find completing the story a bit daunting - but I feel like I need to stop under-estimating Brandon Sanderson and stop worrying about if his books are going to be incredible. Because they always are. He knows what he'
Arundhati
This book deserves all the stars in this world. I absolutely loved it. I cannot begin to form words to express how much I love it. Perfection. Yes that's what it is. Rereading it just made me realise no other book could possibly take its place in my heart.It was, it is and it will remain my most favorite series of all time❤.

Rtc :))
jordan!
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
brb crying at three am in the morning about how much I love dalinar kholin (this is my sixth(?) time reading this and yet the same reaction every time)
Reem Ghabbany
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS SO FREAKING GOOD! OMG OMG IT’S GOOD
I’M SO THANKFUL FOR BRANDON SANDERSON’S EXISTENCE
charlotte,
Rep: mc with depression, bi mc, autistic gay side character
Carbonbased Bookworm
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
what an epic ride 🙌 an it has only just started ❤️
Dawnie
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it

Death is the destination. But the journey, that is life.

This second half of this huge first book in an even bigger fantasy series certainly picked up the pacing compared to the first half.

This book had a lot more going in -in character development, in plot development, in general story development and on top of that was packed up with action moments.

The writing was great, i enjoyed where most of the characters and their different plot points went... but i also have to say that some parts
Thomas
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end of the first half of The Way of Kings left me hanging and very keen to progress to the second half. Where part 1 was very much building the story and introducing us to Roshar, part 2 became explosive very quickly, just like Sanderson’s later chapters in his other series such as Mistborn.

My opinion of the central protagonists has not changed much except towards the end I started to warm to Shallan a little more, which is a good thing considering it is her flashbacks I will be reading in W
Mishaal
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I literally stayed up all night reading this because it kept on getting better and better! I had so many questions and the only way I could get answers was to keep on reading! But boy was I wrong!!! The way this book ended my mind was blown! Rather than having some footing on the whole story, I have ended up with even more questions! Lol
I can’t wait to see where the next book will take me but I feel like I’m not ready to just find out! 🤯

However the character development was amazing! The whole wo
Darcey
May 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
buddy read with the wonderful Yeganeh!

a brilliant conclusion to The Way of Kings! a little slow in places, but ripe with mystery, plot-twists and action nonetheless. the intense parts honestly took my breath away! can't wait to continue the series :))
milou  ☕️
“Death is the destination. But the journey, that is life. That is what matters.”

I'm going to flat out admit that I read this book last October and then my long and agonizing reading slump knocked me out of the game, so I cannot remember every detail about this book to write a valid book review that it deserves.

I can recall that this books left me shaken up once I've finished it and that I wanted to read the rest of the series when I'm granted the opportunity.

Books in the series:
nemo the emo ☠️ (pagesandprozac)
i know brandon sanderson is the master of absolute fucking bombshells of twists, but those last 40 pages were STRAIGHT UP INSANITY.

the first twist i was like, oh, that's a pretty good twist, yeah, didn't see that coming.
second twist was like, whoa, yeah, that's also pretty good.
and then the third made me physically actually scream and beat my fists on my knees like a fucking insane gorilla and then the FOURTH AND FIFTH I'M GOING TO FUCKING EXPLODE.

i can't believe i DNF'd this book at page 100 f
Literary Han
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, adult, epic
No words can do this epic first novel justice.

I am dumbfounded

Zehra
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I will protect those who cannot protect themselves

Read the Stormlight Archive, they said.
It will be fun, they said.

Then wHY AM I ONLY SUFFERING
Shail
Jul 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Yep, gonna spend the remainder of this year obsessing over this series.
Michael
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm probably being a bit mean giving this less than 5-stars, 4.5/5 for me.

Shallan is a very interesting character, though she hasn't captured my imagination in the same way that Kaladin has, yet. There's still plenty of time for my opinion to change over the 1000's of pages of this series I still have to read.

I said in my pre-review notes that I liked this more than The Way of Kings book 1. That is partly to do with plot-progression and partly to do with the section at the end where Sanderson's
Stars
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For a 1000+ page book to be split into two, there are hardly moments where nothing is happening. The majority of it is either significantly important to the character and/or to the plot. Brandon Sanderson is really out here doing the most!

So after the end of part 1 which ends in such a tense point, you get to start part 2 with even more momentum and drive to get through and see the aftermath of part 1. I can't praise it enough, it doesn't give you a chance to predict anything, even if you do, i
Goodreads Librari...: Der Pfad der Winde (The Stormlight Archive #1, Part 2) 2 14 Jul 05, 2022 02:12AM
Cover Image 2 53 Jun 09, 2011 09:13AM

• Words of Radiance: The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson -- Sidekick
  • Die Furcht des Weisen 2 (Die Königsmörder-Chronik, #2.2)
  • Die Furcht des Weisen 1 (Die Königsmörder-Chronik, #2.1)
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
  • La nef du crépuscule (L'assassin royal, #3)
  • Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)
  • Vilda barn
  • Echoes of Eternity (The Siege of Terra #7)
  • Parallel Stories
  • Die Stadt hinter dem Strom
  • Bjorn Le Morphir
  • Devourer
  • Змей закрилник
  • Before They Are Hanged (The First Law, #2)
  • Le Sang de la cité (Capitale du Sud, #1)
  • Der Ultimative Schlankheitscode
  • Drachentanz - Chinas Aufstieg zur Weltmacht und was er für uns bedeutet
War
See top shelves…
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • Rhythm of War (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)