Start by marking “Time To Tangle with Colors” as Want to Read:
Time To Tangle with Colors

Time To Tangle with Colors

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  137 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Anyone who can hold a pen can create a Zentangle®.  Created by Rick Roberts & Maria Thomas for people who need to relax, Zentangle® here is brought to a whole new level with rich colors!
Published January 1st 2011 by Design Originals

To ask other readers questions about Time To Tangle with Colors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time To Tangle with Colors

Sue Sharp
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you like to "doodle", this book is great for adding color, depth, and new designs... even if you think you don't know how to draw!
Theresa
Nov 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: zentangle
If you are looking to add color to your tangles, this is the place to go. It has a very concise description of color theory. The exercises shown are gorgeous. My one complaint is that a lot of the techniques hinge on having one particular, really expensive brand of markers. I'm not a professional or commercial artist. I really like the affordability of the basic stuff. This makes me pine for things that are not in the budget.

Don't skip it for the marker advertisement if you are really interested
Marjorie Smith
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
You will find everything you need to get started with Zentangle or "tangling". This is a method of drawing similiar to doodling but being mindful of what you are doing. I use zentangle to increase my concentration as well as keep my stress down. All you need is a fine tip pen and paper. Anyone can Zentangle.
L
Mar 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: craft
An introduction to a fun way to enhance one's Zentangle art. Browning explains color theory in addition to types of pens and color techniques. Many examples colorfully illustrate the pages. However, the book would be difficult for a first timer to follow as there is not an in-depth introduction to Zentangle (some common patterns are demonstrated but not until halfway through the text).
Kathi
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book of color!

I am an artist that also uses color when drawing. Time to Tangle with Colors by Marie teaches the very best of techniques for tangling and coloring/shading!
A great beginner book for those who love the infusion of color in their work.
Jackie
Jun 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a little book with a lot of punch. If you want to some coloring ideas and techniques for your tangles pick up this book. Besides suggestions for what tools to use for coloring there are also plenty of variations of tangles demonstrated to stretch your creativity.
Kathleen
Sep 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
As I was reading this, I kept thinking about how I could use zentangles when I'm scrapbooking. I'm away to get my scrapbook out right now!
Threedogs
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Use this and other Zentangle books in my work with Veterans. Helps with mindfulness and concentration which are impaired in PTSD.
Michelle
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very useful guide to injecting color into tangles.
Lena