Start by marking “Wildcase (Rail Black, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wildcase (Rail Black, #2)

Wildcase

(Rail Black #2)

In a desert town on the road between L.A. and Vegas, all hell has broken loose . . .

In a bedroom community populated by good cops and bad cops, a retired police officer and his wife have been brutally tortured and slain. A wildcase with no apparent rhyme or reason, it has caught the attention of the FBI . . . and Hollywood billionaire, ex-Delta Force operative
Published February 22nd 2011 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Wildcase, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildcase

Start your review of Wildcase (Rail Black, #2)
Alaina Maxam
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS I WASN'T SURE I WOULD LIKE. I WAS GLAD I TOOK THE CHANCE ON THIS BOOK. IT HAD ROMANCE, INTRIQUE AND PLENTY OF TWISTS AND TURNS. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANYONE THAT WANTS A GOOD BOOK TO READ. IT WILL DEFINITELYKEEP YOU WONDERING WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT. IT DEFINITELY DRAWS YOU IN.
Leslie
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Men, bond fans
Singularly one of the best books I have ever read. Wildcase is a real roller coaster ride that will take you half way around the world in high style.
Rail Black is a billionaire problem solver part James Bond and part Casey Ryback. He lives hard, loves hard and kills people. He lives by his own code of honor and protects those he cares about. When two of his friends are brutally murdered in the California desert and the LAPD is keeping the crime quiet he can’t ignore it.
His investigation uneart
Tracy
Aug 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
There were some chapters early on that I never did figure out how they fit in the story. It was extremely and graphically violent in places and I am not sure it was always necessary. I liked the character Rail Black, but was never sure why he was investigating and not the authorities. The reasons given in the book just seemed unreal, and to keep murders like that,out of the press for so long I have a lot of trouble buying. I loved the ending.
Maree Hodgess
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wildcase is suspenseful and exciting with just the right mix of action and intrigue. Rail Black is an amazing character and I found the information he imparts throughout the novel fascinating! A highly enjoyable read and I would recommend it to people who are unflinching when the going gets brutal!

Emily Elrod
Feb 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
This one was hard to get through. Was it about tigers? Baby smuggling? Mercenaries? Murder? China? Weird (and non-relevant) history lessons of completely obscure subjects? I have no idea, but I’m glad I’ve finished this book. Please do yourself a favor and skip this one.
Tomi
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Hard to follow...
Suspense Magazine
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Two gruesome murders, a billionaire with seemingly scores of contacts, the FBI, Chinese, jade tigers, and an historical tale of the hunting and transportation of live tigers, all before page fifty. With Russell’s latest book, this is the beginning of a complex mystery with a slew of interesting, witty, and sometimes dangerous characters coming out of the woodwork at every turn. This one . . . well . . . it’ll drive you wild.
Billionaire and ex Delta Force operative Rail Black (isn’t that just a
Robert Enzenauer
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hard to believe that Neil Russell could develop as a writer so fast, but the second Rail Black saga rapidly surpasses CITY OF WAR for writing, suspense, character development, in addition to murder, mystery, and international intrigue. I second the notion that Russell is unique in his ability to grab the reader with edge of your seat action in the first 5 pages. Rail Black, as an ex-Delta force vet British expat and Hollywood billionaire, reminds me of Paladin in HAVE GUN - WILL TRAVEL - another ...more
Irina
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great crime/mystery/suspense novel. It reads so well, I wanted to get to the next chapter to find out what happens. There are exciting scenes filled with action, some romantic scenes and some out of this world less believable events where the author took plenty of artistic liberties. Nevertheless it was well written, clever and intriguing. I would love to read another book starring Rail Black.
*I won a copy of this book in a giveaway, thanks to the author and Goodreads.
Peter Sutton
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
His hero, Mr. Black, is a bit fantastic, a la Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt. One can only handle so much steely eyed action. His plots is more interesting than his character, who is literally larger than life and yet oh-so-sensitive. The instant need for sex by every female who meets him is a little annoying as well.
Fredrick Danysh
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rail Black is a very wealthy individual and ex-delta force. He becomes is a deadly, tangled affair when two of his friends are horrible tortured and murdered. Along the way he uncovers a human smuggling scheme as he travels from the United States to Europe and Asia to reveal secrets. The body count keeps climbing as do coverups.
William
Jan 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Loved the start and most of the roller coaster ride, but the ending seemed rushed. Really nice addition was the historical sections that helped wrap up the ending, but still the ending seemed rushed.
Connie
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
FTC disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
S. Noël
Dec 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Did not finish. The characters were stick figures, particularly the hero, a Mary Sue.
Xondra Day
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it
* Copy via Goodreads First Reads and the author *

Good thriller. I enjoyed it somewhat, but there were a lot of characters that I found extremely hard to keep track of.
Kristine
Christian Paddock
Feb 06, 2015
VERNITA
Jan 03, 2019
Free Book Giveaway: Goodreads Thriller/Suspense Giveaway - WILDCASE 1 9 Aug 06, 2014 10:10AM

• The Beginning (Smoke Jensen, #1)
  • Fallout (V.I. Warshawski, #18)
  • The Testament (Bravo Shaw, #1)
  • Leave No Trace
  • The Motion of Puppets
  • Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
  • So Damn Lucky (Lucky O'Toole, #3)
  • The Jester
  • The New Iberia Blues (Dave Robicheaux #22)
  • Hello, Universe
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
  • The Thieves Of Darkness (Michael St. Pierre, #3)

Rail Black (3 books)
  • City of War (Rail Black Novels, #1)
  • Beverly Hills is Burning (Rail Black Novels, #3)