Start by marking “Cakes from Scratch in Half the Time: Recipes That Will Change the Way You Bake Cakes Forever” as Want to Read:

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Pressed for time, many of us have whipped out a box and doctored a cake. But no matter what we do, it never tastes quite like homemade. Enter Cakes from Scratch in Half the Time. This revolutionary cookbook teaches the time-saving methods of baking homemade cakes in a fraction of the usual time. When a last-minute birthday or bake sale comes around, it's easy to impress wi ...more
Published July 21st 2005 by Chronicle Books (first published July 7th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cakes from Scratch in Half the Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cakes from Scratch in Half the Time

Tricia
All these recipes are easy to follow, quick, and come up flawless. It's as easy as making a box-mix-cake with far superior results. Definitely read the intro as it has great overall cake baking tips (O the shiny aluminum pans!). And there's cupcakes, too. I often make the flourless chocolate sweethearts with gooey centers. You bet your sweet ass I said gooey centers.
Brandy
Picked this baby up at a yard sale for $1!
I've only read through it, haven't made anything from it yet, but I definitely plan to! And the intro and baker's tips that she puts with nearly every recipe are super interesting. I'm very excited to try some new techniques and recipes!
Trish Boese
This book has some good ideas for getting cakes baked to perfection in less time. Three points I will remember... Use oven heat of 400 F. Use a shiny aluminum pan. Place unbroken eggs in a bowl of hot tap water for 5 minutes to warm.
devonlorraine
it says it's going to change my life.
Diana Martinez
Diana Martinez marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Dianne
Dianne added it
Apr 23, 2013
Clare Sullivan
Clare Sullivan marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Louise
Louise added it
May 22, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2012
De
De marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2011
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2011
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 20, 2010
Candielouhoo
Candielouhoo marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2009
Avory
Avory marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2009
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2008
Rachel
Rachel added it
Dec 10, 2007
Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine The High-Protein Cookbook: More than 150 healthy and irresistibly good low-carb dishes that can be on the table in thirty minutes or less. The Only Texas Cookbook Bread In Half The Time: Use Your Microwave and Food Processor to Make Real Yeast Bread in 90 Minutes The Dog Ate It: Cooking for Yourself and Your Four-Legged Friends