Start by marking “Were something to happen it would be both funny and interesting” as Want to Read:
Were something to happen it would be both funny and interesting

Read Book

Were something to happen it would be both funny and interesting

Limited edition poetry chapbook, hand-printed and bound by the poet in the Type Kitchen of the University of Iowa Center for the Book. The ebook version was scanned from one of the printed and bound editions.
Artist Book, 13 pages
Published 2001 by The Galom Press

Be the first to ask a question about Were something to happen it would be both funny and interesting

sam
Nov 26, 2008 sam rated it really liked it
I have limited poetry experience and patience and stumbled on this... loved the boy/deer parable and thought some of the other poems were intriguing and fresh too. Wasn't a huge fan of most of the artwork only because I like to imagine my own pictures, especially when I read poetry, though I did like the squid playing the N64 videogame...(spoiler alert!).
Douglas Hopkins
May 28, 2007 Douglas Hopkins rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pilots, sailors, star gazers
This is out of print, but a great book and author to Google. Copies can be found. My Dad bought the copy I have, in 1943; he passed it on to me.

Harold Gatty was a celebrity of his time, one of the finest navigators of the modern age. He was the first air navigator to circle the globe. This out of print is considered one of the best practical navigation books ever written. In our age of GPS, an art of thousands of years is soon to be lost.

From BBC's excellent h2g2 site:
"He can take a one-dollar I
Ben
Jul 30, 2007 Ben rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Frank Herbert's Dune books

I liked it!

Van Leeuwen's view of the Atriedes tyrants as ferociously cruel (see introduction) is borne out in the unfolding of events in this speculative sequel.

I found the story engaging and wouldn't get up from the computer until I was finished. (Luckily, in this matter, the online book is not a Michener work.)

The only google results I got on the author showed a similarly named person working on types of grasses working with their environments... HM, SOUND FAMILIAR? If this is the same Marcos
Matthew
Sep 04, 2007 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: my friends who enjoy poetry
Shelves: my-chapbooks, poetry
I'm writing this review just to let you know that my chapbook will be available here on the site for review as an ebook. Though all of the print copies are now gone (all but the few I saved for myself), you can read the chapbook in its PDF form (and I hope you will) by downloading it here at goodreads.

By the way, so I don't seem too conceited, let me claim here that I gave myself five stars because that's how much I enjoyed making the book, not reading it - and also how much I enjoy the idea tha
Apryl Anderson
Great cheesy wonderful good fun, what what!

This is not bedtime reading. The book's too heavy. Fall asleep, and you'll be smacked on the head.
Ted
Ted rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2007
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2007
Nathalie
Nathalie rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2008
Peachesxyz
Peachesxyz rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2011
Pakzulykkt
Pakzulykkt rated it it was ok
Dec 10, 2008
Paul Schnetlage
Paul Schnetlage rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2008
Malte
Malte rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2009
Evert
Evert rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2008
J4
J4 rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2008
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2008
Deadpandan
Deadpandan rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2008
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2009
Peter Macinnis
Peter Macinnis rated it really liked it
May 29, 2008
Nate
Nate rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2007
Sarah rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2011
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2008
John
John rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2007
Ron Mohring
Ron Mohring rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2008
abdolla abdollay
abdolla abdollay rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2008
Jacob
Jacob added it
Aug 12, 2008
Stef
Stef marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2008
Aku
Aku added it
Nov 20, 2008
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
John
John marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2008
Vickie
Vickie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2009
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2009
Joe
Joe added it
Jan 25, 2009
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2009
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
May 24, 2011
Keith Anderson
Keith Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2011
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2011
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
Matthew Shindell lives and writes in La Jolla, California. He is a PhD student in History of Science and Science Studies at UC San Diego. He holds a BS (1999) and an MS (2004) from Arizona State University’s Center for Biology and Society, where his work focused on the social and historical study of science. He holds an MFA in poetry from the University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop (2001).

Shindell's
More about Matthew Shindell...