Start by marking “It All Started with a Lima Bean (Intertwined Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
It All Started with a Lima Bean (Intertwined Hearts, #1)

It All Started with a Lima Bean (Intertwined Hearts #1)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  567 ratings  ·  125 reviews
~ Clean Contemporary romance novel ~

**Unless Amazon changes it's price, this is a free download**

SYNOPSIS:

A past that haunts can be laid to rest through the act of forgiveness, even if the person you forgive is yourself. It must be gifted freely.

Abby Sullivan cherishes the life she is creating for herself in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California. She adores her best fr
Published November 14th 2013 (first published August 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about It All Started with a Lima Bean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It All Started with a Lima Bean

Collide by Gail McHughThe Forgotten Ones by Laura   HowardBreathe into Me by Amanda  StoneWait for You by J. LynnRunning on Empty by L.B. Simmons
Lucky '13s
66th out of 199 books — 1,387 voters
Accidental Leigh by Melanie  JamesNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersNobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersRussian Roulette by A.B. McKinleySands of Betrayal by A.B. McKinley
Indie Authors to Watch
281st out of 3,299 books — 3,572 voters

More lists with this book...

Zakirrah BookBlogger
4 Beautiful, Love heals all, heart warming stars!

This is an amazing story of love, forgiveness, heartbreak and much more.
It is very well written and keeps the reader going until the very end.

People in you life don't stay forever..
Death is something that cant be predicted..
But even after loss you have to find a way to move forward..

Abby Sullivan lives a simple life in her hometown of Santa Barbara, California as a teacher.She cherishes life and has a supportive family and best friend.

When she m
Erica Alyson
***ARC provided for an honest review****

It is books like this that make me love and enjoy reading. This book just warmed by heart. I couldn't put it down but when I did I was thinking about the story and couldn't wait to get back to it. It is truly hard to believe this is a debut novel because it is so well written and so detailed and thought out. Insanely amazing book.

This is a story about Caleb (whom I absolutely adore) trying to take care of his daughter alone since he lost his wife. He keeps
Stephanie
Five Fantastic Stars!! If you are looking for an outstanding stand alone this is the book for you!! It was like a breath of fresh air to read something that breaks the mold. If you are looking for insta-love, angst, virgins and a ton of sex then this book is not for you. If you are looking for a true love story, a swoon worthy lead man and a independent woman then this is definitely the book you are looking for!! Caleb Hunter is left a widower and now has to raise his sweet daughter Madison on h ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Blog: http://totallybookedblog.com/
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Totall...

description

I was looking for a heart-warming and sweet romance read and It All Started With A Lima Bean sounded like the perfect book. The prologue was extremely moving, sad and beautiful and really drew me into the story of Caleb, Abby and of course beautiful little Madison.

As a reader, sometimes you just want to be swept away in the beauty of a story and the characters and this really was a sweet and delightful read.

As I
Tbird London
Once in a while, you come across a book that by all standards would appear to be just an ordinary, fluffy romance. Well this isn’t one of them. No you won’t read about hot sex, as a matter of fact the main couple waited till they were married. Wow that is a lost concept these days but so refreshing to see the angst and stress that alone caused. You won’t find immature characters living for the drama and demanding that each other prove their love. No, Abby and Caleb knew from the first look that ...more
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
This is not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It was so sweet, so cute, so mushy and drama free.

Caleb is a single father to Madison, he meets her kindergarden teacher, Abby who has been hurt herself in the past.

Everyone needs love and compassion to thrive

The relationship between the two was a slow moving one and it felt very believable.

My main problem with the book was I felt my attention to the book wandered off a few times and maybe some detail could have been cut down.

Perfect if your looki
This was a sweet and completely realistic love story. The characters really grabbed me especially the grandmother, and best friend Leah. Caleb was a dream and Madison completely adorable. Wonderful story telling and truly a breath of fresh air. It was nice to read a family style love story for a change.
Chris' Book Blog Emporium
I LOVED this story....

I took a chance and added this to my TBR list a few months back. I took a greater chance today pulling it up on my kindle to read it. Man am I glad that I did. This book is beautiful. It is not often you get a book where one of your main characters is a widow and a dad. It is not often you find a book where you truly LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE HEROINE!!!! This book has it all.

This story is about two people who with a little encouragement from those around them get a chance
Maria's Book Blog
Okay, so I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. Initially, the title is what caught my attention, it sounds super cute & quirky, like it would make for a fun read. So I really did have high hopes when I started reading it. While it was definitely a sweet enjoyable story, I just didn't feel like there was any major conflict or ups and downs. It was basically just the telling of a story without a whole lot of action going on.

The main character, Abby Sullivan, was a little too weak for
Claire Lovell

This book is so sickly sweet its unreal and I loved every single second!! For a book to start at such a low point and end on such a high is amazing. It really is a journey you fall into with the characters so deeply. Kimi is truly an amazing writer

The book starts on a really low note after our amazing male lead Caleb, (Such a sexy name isn’t it) traumatically loses his wife. He’s naturally heartbroken and the story watches his progression with learning to deal with this loss. His saving grace is
Christina Armellini-teel
Where do I start??? Well, I love to read, and have been waiting for this book for a while now. The author did not disappoint! The relationship between Abby and Caleb was not only beautifully inspiring, but pulls at those "heart strings." You want these two people together. And adding little precious Madison (Caleb's daughter) to the mix, makes your heart melt!

Caleb is this confident yet sexy single dad, who wants nothing more than to find happiness after his wife's death. Abby, being his daught
Melanie Dawn
It All Started With a Lima Bean...it's one of those titles you look at and think to yourself that the title alone makes you curious enough to crack the book. It doesn't take long to get sucked into this story. Abby is a down-to-earth school teacher. You can easily relate to her. You can't help but root for her. She's the girl-next-door kind of girl who, if she were real, I'd love to have as my best friend. Then, there's Caleb...the swoon-worthy picture of perfection. While he's struggling with t ...more
Mindy
What a beautiful love story ! I would highly recommend this book to all of my friends ! If you are looking for a wonderful love story without all the smut then this is the book for you ! I love the characters in this story and I can not wait to read more about them. The story is about life, forgiveness , starting over, moving on and all the beautiful and painful events that help people get on with life. There is also humor within this book that will have you laughing out loud. Kimi Flores did a ...more
Philomena Callan
What a brilliant story this was. It was such a sweet story that it made me both cry and laugh.
The author takes us on an emotional journey with Abby and Caleb. I so hoped while reading this that they overcame their heartache and find peace and happiness. Of course you will need to read this to find out:)
I loved these two characters. Caleb's daughter Madison was brilliant and the other characters were the icing on the cake.
If your looking for a lovely sweet read then this is it. I'm looking forw
Jessica Louise
I can not say enough wonderful things about this truly amazing book.
Caleb made me swoon so many times that I was a puddle of goo by the end.
The interactions between Abby, Caleb and even his daughter Madison completely melted my heart.
From the word go this book will break you into a million pieces before slowly putting you back together.
An unforgettable reading experience.
Book 2 can not come soon enough!
Kimi Flores stories will forever be on my favourites list.
Tasha Muterspaugh
A very kind and lite read....

I chose this rating cause the book is indeed a lite read. If it were to ever be made into a film, it would be one for the family. It was very good read!
Jo *Reality Bites! Let's Get Lost!*
Aww, this was such a sweet story.

Abby is a kindergarten teacher who hasn't really had much luck in love and still carries bad memories from a relationship in her past. She is a really sweet person who deserves to fall in love with a deserving guy.

Caleb is still mourning the death of his wife, Rene, who passed away four years ago from cancer, leaving him to raise their daughter Madison as a single father. Rene's parents are like a mother and father o=to Caleb and have been their supporting him, a
Melissa
*Book was free on Amazon*

The title was the first thing to draw me in. With a cute title I was expecting a cutesy romance, and while I got what I was expecting; I never imagined that I would be in tears from the very first page!!

We start with Caleb saying his final goodbye to his wife, and I just knew that I wouldn't be able to walk away from this book!

Abby is a kindergarten teacher and Caleb's little girl Madison is in her class, so they meet right off the bat. Mind you it has been four years
Beatriz
A light and heart warming story about finding love for the second time and all about family.

I just couldn't help it when it comes to stories about family like this one is. Madison made me smile a lot throughout the whole book and Caleb being a great dad to her really touched my heart. I felt Abby's happiness about finding the two.

I can't wait for Leah & Stefen's story! :)
Terry Trahan
This book is amazing! I have no idea why I waited so long to read this one! I laughed, I cried, I couldn't read fast enough! I even read portions of it to my husband! The love between Caleb and Abby is remarkable! And sweet Madison had my heart from the beginning! Thank you so much Kimi Flores for a fantastic romance!
Jen O'grady
Just too sickly sweet for me, liked the concept Caleb a widowed father falls for Abby his daughters teacher, although there were obstacles no real and at in the story.
If you like light chick lit with no sex and no f bombs then this is for you.
It wasn't a bad book at all just not for me .
Stephanie
Thank You Kimi, for giving me a sweet, make my stomach do flip flops, kind of story!! We all need these from time to time! If your looking for light on the heart, make you smile, this is the one for you!!
Jennifer Davis
It All Started With a Lima Bean is a beautiful story about a slow budding romance and the true meaning of love. I thoroughly enjoyed this exception book and can't wait for the next one!
Kay Manis
Kimi's writing style is unique and magical. She brings these genuine characters to life and makes you fall in love with them from the start. Can't wait foe the next book!
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Reviews
If you are looking for a books full of angst and/or steam then look elsewhere. If your looking for a sweet, feel-good read then your right where you need to be.
Lyndsie
This book is super sweet and touches important issues in life! I smiled, I teared up and wanted to smack a few people. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series!
Caitlin King
I absolutely love this book. I can't even begin to describe it. It was such a breath of fresh air.

Caleb is not a player and Abby is not a stuck up girl. They are both two normal people who live pretty normal lives. Caleb lost his wife to cancer and is raising their 5 year old daughter alone. Abby is 25 year old kindergarden teacher who is a rather plain jane. She doesn't like to be noticed much and is rather shy. To see the relationship of Caleb and Abby grow was incredible. Caleb was ONLY look
Jessica
This is one of my all time fave books. What a sweet, beautiful, amazing story.
I am very excited to read the next book!
Alexandria Orlando
Such a Wonderful Read!

"It All Started with a Lima Bean" was such a wonderful read! I initially downloaded this book from the free e-books section based on the number of positive reviews it had, unsure of how much I would actually like it. I can say that I am so happy I did! Kimi Flores is a talented writer and within the first chapter I was completely hooked! While the book did have a few grammatical errors that were quite obvious and I did initially believe that the big "reveal" or "confrontati
Lisa A
Beautiful, heart warming love story!!
  • Angel of Mine
  • Tied up in Heartstrings (Heartstrings, #1)
  • A Love Of Her Own
  • So Much It Hurts (So Much It Hurts, #1)
  • Living Again (Living Again, #1)
  • Feel like Makin' Love (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #3)
  • Stranger At The Beach House
  • An Unplanned Life (Unplanned, #2)
  • Cowboy Town (Down Under Cowboy, #1)
  • Surrender to Fate (Fate's Path, #1)
  • Stray
  • Dragonfly (Dragonfly, #1)
  • Bring Me Fire
  • Back to You (Dreams, #1.5)
  • The Wrath of Sin (Mortal Sin, #1)
  • NOT A BOOK: Hasty Resolution
  • Saved By You (Destiny Bay Romances-The Islanders, #1)
  • Fool for You (For You, #1)
Kimi grew up in the San Gabriel Valley (mostly Alhambra) and still lives in Southern California. She's been married to her high-school sweetheart and prom date for 22 years and they have two hilarious boys.

When she's not reading or writing, Kimi spends her time in the kitchen trying to come up with vegan meals that don't taste like cardboard. Her family might disagree with this however.

Although sh
More about Kimi Flores...
An Exceptional Twist (Intertwined Hearts, #2) Tangled Paths (Intertwined Hearts, #3) Grafted Vines (Intertwined Hearts, #4)

“Miss Abby. Your tutu bounces like mine does for dance, and I could see your tushy.” Madison turned to her friend, “My daddy loves to see tushies under tutus.” 0 likes
“Daddy, you said ass.” 0 likes