Start by marking “Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine, #1.4)” as Want to Read:
Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine, #1.4)

Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine #1.4)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  4,913 ratings  ·  102 reviews
National bestselling author Beth Kery reveals a lover’s secrets—and more—as Because You Are Mine continues…

From a luxury private jet to a daring tryst in a public museum to the intimacy of a luxury hotel, Ian and Francesca come together wherever the spark is ignited. But when Francesca disappears for a morning alone, she discovers an unexpected new shade to Ian’s character
Published August 21st 2012 by Berkley InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Because You Must Learn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because You Must Learn

Kate F
I really enjoy this story but reading 2 chapters at a time is ridiculous. The author is price gouging the reader. I will NEVER buy a book being released this way again. What a shame!!
Mari (Smut Duchess)
I'm only reading these 'teaser' installments because I committed to do so for a group read. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The publication format for this book stinks.

I think I'd actually like the story if I got more of it at one sitting. What is the point in stringing your readers along for 2 months?

This has taught me a valuable lesson. No more serializations for me. I'm bitter and I have an overwhelming desire to boycott the authors who participate this type of publishing atrocity.
Becs
He had suspected she was going to kill him, but he hadn’t expected her to do it so precisely… so cruelly.

There’s a reason why they call it La Petite Mort.

Ian finally succumbs to Francesca’s charms as his power to resist her appeal crumbles spectacularly under the watching eyes of a marble statue of the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite. There’s something very symbolic about what they do, what is lost here against the backdrop of the purity of white marble. It makes for an intensely erotic scene.

Ian is
Jen
Aug 26, 2012 Jen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: favs, kery
Ian and Francesca

Follow my mini reviews on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

Because You Must Learn is the fourth installment of the series and strangely enough, my least favorite so far. When I say least favorite, I mean least favorite like choosing between brownies and ice cream. Clearly there is no wrong pick, but you still have to pick, right?

Because You Haunt Me ended with Ian and Francesca at the museum and Ian not able to wait any longer to have her.

“I thought I could wait. I can’t,” he muttered
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

This week's edition is all about sex and punishment! The kiddie gloves are off and Ian Noble is finally going for what he wants from Beth and boy! *fans self* Francesca was in for a couple of rounds of "power drive."
"Did that arouse you?" he asked, kissing her lips softly. "Letting me use your body for my pleasure?"

I really can't say there was any major development in their relationship or in the overall story in these two chapters. We didn't really lea
Bookie | The BookChick
The vignettes are great and I have been enjoying them but I despise the fact that they are $2 a piece for 2 chapters. Readers will have to spent $16 for all 8 parts of this one tale. Neither Fifty Shades of Grey nor Bared to You was this expensive and the well-known authors of those could command such a price. The thing that irritates me the most is that I suspect the publisher will compile these all into one book eventually...and the price WILL NOT be $16. Ridiculous!

Overall Grades:
Story: B
Pric
Tori
I am liking this story, but I cannot emphasize enough my dislike for the current trend these days of authors selling stories in installments. I can't think of the right word for it, but the closest one is greedy. And, for me it makes them really difficult to read since I spend almost the entire first half of the installment reacquainting myself with the story and going back to previous ones for the same reason. Thank goodness for friends who share their e-readers on our lunch break or I'd never ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
★★★★1/2! Because You Are Mine series, book 1-8 of 8. Another whirlwind romance with a dominant & controlling, rich & sexy alpha male hero!

“Because You Are Mine” (Ian’s & Francesca’s story) is an 8-part series, released in the fall of 2012. Combined they make a 368-page read. Please note that the Omnibus will be released in March 2013.
And there will be a sequel to this series, “When I'm With You” (Lucien’s & Elise’s story) to be released in 8 weekly installments starting March 3,
Bev
BECAUSE IT'S A RIP-OFF!!! I apologise in advance to those readers who lapped this series up. I cancelled the pre-orders for the rest of the series, and I've even deleted the ones I've got from my library. Why? The stories (sorry, chapters) were getting shorter and shorter, Ian and Francesca seem to be pointlessly going around in circles, and it's pretty much a case of same old, same old. Someone (and I suspect not the author) is making a packet out of this series of 'chapters' and we, dear reade ...more
Aseel
#1★★★
#2★★★
#3★★★★★ weird since the first should be the better
e novella each book have 2 chapters swift and expensive .
reading this in 2014 is easy, but waiting for each book to come out is so frustrating. just 2 chapters not a pretty enough give away, though i respect that the book announced the release date of the next book.
40 pages of Sencoured, Erotic and eXtreme. you make up the word from the abbriviation.

now ..lets remember the 3rd book was fantastic leaving you at paris and this 4th book
Leticia
I like this series but Am I the only person in the world annoyed with this 45 pages books? And this waiting Week over Week thing? Why??!!! Argggg!!
Ashley
4.5 stars! I really love Beth Kerry's writing and the passion between Ian and Francesca is hot. I still don't like that its in parts.
Colleen~A Moth drawn to Your Flame~
1 word...smoldering. It might sound sad to say but the more I read, the hotter I got. Beth Kery, you do know how to write. Wow
Annie
4.5/5 STARS

To be honest, the only reason I can't give this story a solid 5 stars is this frankly stupid 8-part thingy. Too many cliffhangers. No me gusta. The plot is great and there's mystery and it's really easy to be enthralled in it... until a book ends and we have to move on to the next. Oh well.

Back to the plot!

On this fourth installment, Ian succumbs to his desires, under the watchful eye of Aphodite. Pretty symbolic stuff, here. But right on the next day, Francesca has a glimpse of Ian's
Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com
I was extremely hesitant to pick up this series by Beth Kery because I wasn't a big fan at all of her previous book I read, Wicked Burn.

Needless-to-say I ventured into it with wary hesitation. I was at first relieved that each book was a sort of short story that continues into the next. This was good when I discovered this because I realized that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel like I had wasted to much of my time.

Well… I worked through the first one and before I realized it, it was finishe
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read my weekly interviews with Beth Kery and more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

Because You Are Mine 4: Because You Must Learn is by far my favorite of the Because You Are Mine series so far. I was reading it and thought “now this is more like it!”, then proceeded to grab my husband with one hand and read with the other.

Yes, I’ll admit it. I read during foreplay. When it starts getting good though, I do put the book down. But this time I didn’t want to, though eventually
Sónia Costa
Because You Must Learn, that every time you defy me I´m going to punish you...
Ok now Ian is starting to piss me of, but that´s exactly what I love in a book.
I´m starting to see him buckle and recoil, he can’t take her defiance anymore. She´s just makes him mad crazy :D
She´s starting to assert herself, and I love that, nothing better than a submissive with a fierceness that overcomes everything. I will please you but my decisions are mine own. Love it. And I have a feeling that he does to, or he
Mariana Bezerra

Read this review on my blog! --> Book Travels

This novella was hotter than any other so far in the series, we have a good sex in a museum and a hot session of pain, plus we got to see a more fragile side of Ian and Francesca became more sure of herself and showed a strong will and able mind.

I’m liking the Paris side more than the first two novellas, because Ian and Francesca from once are talking and trying to understand the other person, plus Ian gave in to his desires and there’s finally som
Jhassa Anne
Uhm... Ian is not o the good mood.. Uhg.. This is frustrating... I hate it when they argue.. Punishment will be given to her for making him worried sick.. uh oh.. I wonder what happens.. :)
Laura Elizabeth
Okay, I had these listed as on my kindle, but truth is, they were on my friend’s kindle, and one day at work mine died, and she was kind enough to allow me to hijack hers.
Well, I found this little read, which made me think I could finish it within a few hours. First, let me say it was a struggle to finish at all- the story is short, yes, but so much so, that you can’t really get to know the characters, and I just didn’t think it was relatable.
Not to mention that its like $1.99 … for what, I as
Crabs
beautiful, i wonder what took me so long to read it
now r=that i am here, going for the next and all
SaturNalia
The first chapter is Ian and Francesca consumating their lust, finally. It was as hot as I expected it to be. Ian tried so hard to restrain himself, and loved reading his struggle to be gentle.
Second chapter, Francesca goes out for a jog and doesn't tell him. This send him into a rage and Francesca can't tell why. I had to agree with her, this seemed a little silly. Now she begins to wonder if Ian is manipulating her to get what he wants. This sounds more interesting and I want to see this play
Marilyn
If I hadn't gone to bed so late last night, and therefore started this book... I wouldn't of finished it so late. If I hadn't of finished so late (or looked at the clock) I would of kept going to the next book in the series. Other than not enjoying the location of the first "scene", I enjoyed the book quite a bit. However, I found even hearing about a "crack" in the priceless piece of furniture involved didn't allow me to enjoy as much. I almost found the scene disrepectful.

Hopefully I will rea
Rachelle Fakhouri
It is deff gripping !!!! Lost in it
Tracy
The story of Ian an Francesca is a very good. The authors ability to weave the story flawless. I was impressed with the descriptive words an found myself (I could figure out their meaning) curiosity got me though an looked them up on my iPad. Very impressive

HOWEVER I will NEVER AGAIN purchase a book in this manner

Having to pay 1.99 for every few chapters is RIDICULOUS and should NOT be allowed.

16.00 for ONE EBOOK is crazy!

I had no idea that was how it was sold an will never again get caught in
Myndi
From what I can tell, this is just a novel broken up into 2 chapter segments. Honestly, I would have preferred to just read the whole novel instead of having it broken up.
In this installment we get a small glimpse into what makes Ian tick. You start to feel some sympathy for his character and like Fifty Shades, it relates back to his mother. In this case however, you begin to feel some sympathy towards the mother as well. It was interesting seeing Francesca asserting herself in spite of his ang
Liliana
"Because You Are Mine Part IV: Because You Must Learn" by Beth Kery is the 4th part of a novella that's been divided into 8 parts.

In this part, Francesca is dealing with her feelings about the way she reacts to BDSM and Ian's control over her. It's all about sex and punishment.
After a hot sexy unforgettable night in a public museum and then in a luxury hotel, Ian is finally going to for what he wants...*ohhh my*...

I loved and enjoyed this part as well and looking forward to the next part.
Jessica Lively
Getting yummier and hotter
Kayla Pipkin
This review is the book as a whole, not each individual book.

One of the hottest erotic books I have read to date! I had to keep turning the pages. Ending was a little disappointing, but everything leading up to it was amazing. I love all the hot scenes between the characters. Excited to see what else this author has to offer. Look forwarding to reading more of your work!
  • Anything He Wants 5: The Betrayal (Dominated by the Billionaire, #5)
  • For His Forever (For His Pleasure, #6)
  • At His Insistence (The Billionaire's Beck and Call, #4)
  • Rapture and Lace (Lace, #3)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.
More about Beth Kery...
Because You Tempt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.1) Wicked Burn Because You Are Mine: The Complete Novel (Because You Are Mine, #1) Because I Could Not Resist (Because You Are Mine, #1.2) Because You Haunt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.3)