Start by marking “Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine, #1.4)” as Want to Read:
Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine, #1.4)

Because You Must Learn (Because You Are Mine #1.4)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,277 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
National bestselling author Beth Kery reveals a lover’s secrets—and more—as Because You Are Mine continues…

From a luxury private jet to a daring tryst in a public museum to the intimacy of a luxury hotel, Ian and Francesca come together wherever the spark is ignited. But when Francesca disappears for a morning alone, she discovers an unexpected new shade to Ian’s character
Published August 21st 2012 by Berkley InterMix

To ask other readers questions about Because You Must Learn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because You Must Learn

Kate F
Aug 21, 2012 Kate F rated it did not like it
I really enjoy this story but reading 2 chapters at a time is ridiculous. The author is price gouging the reader. I will NEVER buy a book being released this way again. What a shame!!
Mari (Smut Duchess)
Aug 22, 2012 Mari (Smut Duchess) rated it it was ok
I'm only reading these 'teaser' installments because I committed to do so for a group read. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The publication format for this book stinks.

I think I'd actually like the story if I got more of it at one sitting. What is the point in stringing your readers along for 2 months?

This has taught me a valuable lesson. No more serializations for me. I'm bitter and I have an overwhelming desire to boycott the authors who participate this type of publishing atrocity.
~ Becs ~
He had suspected she was going to kill him, but he hadn’t expected her to do it so precisely… so cruelly.

There’s a reason why they call it La Petite Mort.

Ian finally succumbs to Francesca’s charms as his power to resist her appeal crumbles spectacularly under the watching eyes of a marble statue of the Goddess of Love, Aphrodite. There’s something very symbolic about what they do, what is lost here against the backdrop of the purity of white marble. It makes for an intensely erotic scene.

Ian i
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
1/2! Because You Are Mine series, book 1-8 of 8. Another whirlwind romance with a dominant & controlling, rich & sexy alpha male hero!

“Because You Are Mine” (Ian’s & Francesca’s story) is an 8-part series, released in the fall of 2012. Combined they make a 368-page read. Please note that the Omnibus will be released in March 2013.
And there will be a sequel to this series, “When I'm With You” (Lucien’s & Elise’s story) to be released in 8 weekly installments starting March 3, 201
Jen
Aug 26, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs, kery
Ian and Francesca

Follow my mini reviews on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

Because You Must Learn is the fourth installment of the series and strangely enough, my least favorite so far. When I say least favorite, I mean least favorite like choosing between brownies and ice cream. Clearly there is no wrong pick, but you still have to pick, right?

Because You Haunt Me ended with Ian and Francesca at the museum and Ian not able to wait any longer to have her.

“I thought I could wait. I can’t,” he muttered
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

This week's edition is all about sex and punishment! The kiddie gloves are off and Ian Noble is finally going for what he wants from Beth and boy! *fans self* Francesca was in for a couple of rounds of "power drive."
"Did that arouse you?" he asked, kissing her lips softly. "Letting me use your body for my pleasure?"

I really can't say there was any major development in their relationship or in the overall story in these two chapters. We didn't really le
The BookChick
The vignettes are great and I have been enjoying them but I despise the fact that they are $2 a piece for 2 chapters. Readers will have to spent $16 for all 8 parts of this one tale. Neither Fifty Shades of Grey nor Bared to You was this expensive and the well-known authors of those could command such a price. The thing that irritates me the most is that I suspect the publisher will compile these all into one book eventually...and the price WILL NOT be $16. Ridiculous!

Overall Grades:
Story: B
Pric
Tori
Aug 28, 2012 Tori rated it really liked it
I am liking this story, but I cannot emphasize enough my dislike for the current trend these days of authors selling stories in installments. I can't think of the right word for it, but the closest one is greedy. And, for me it makes them really difficult to read since I spend almost the entire first half of the installment reacquainting myself with the story and going back to previous ones for the same reason. Thank goodness for friends who share their e-readers on our lunch break or I'd never ...more
Bev
Jan 06, 2013 Bev rated it it was ok
BECAUSE IT'S A RIP-OFF!!! I apologise in advance to those readers who lapped this series up. I cancelled the pre-orders for the rest of the series, and I've even deleted the ones I've got from my library. Why? The stories (sorry, chapters) were getting shorter and shorter, Ian and Francesca seem to be pointlessly going around in circles, and it's pretty much a case of same old, same old. Someone (and I suspect not the author) is making a packet out of this series of 'chapters' and we, dear reade ...more
Blanca
Oct 12, 2015 Blanca rated it it was amazing
Wow and OMG. This book is just so erotic that it should top the charts. The first novella Because you Tempt Me was very slow going. I now really do understand the need to set up the plot and introduce the characters. It takes time. So the first novella was not that great but I still gave it 4 stars because the first erotic scene was just so hot. The couple Francesca Arno and Ian Noble are fencing and he being the expert that he is playfully slips his blade under the strap to her tank top and qui ...more
Aseel
Jul 08, 2014 Aseel rated it liked it
#1
#2
#3 weird since the first should be the better
e novella each book have 2 chapters swift and expensive .
reading this in 2014 is easy, but waiting for each book to come out is so frustrating. just 2 chapters not a pretty enough give away, though i respect that the book announced the release date of the next book.
40 pages of Sencoured, Erotic and eXtreme. you make up the word from the abbriviation.

now ..lets remember the 3rd book was fantastic leaving you at paris and this 4th book is started
Gabriela
May 22, 2015 Gabriela rated it really liked it
Oh Holy hottness , Ian is so great , i did not think i was going to like this book but I really hope I would an I did , it's getting better and better and i'm actually enyoing this book... Who knew?
Leticia
Aug 21, 2012 Leticia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibook-library
I like this series but Am I the only person in the world annoyed with this 45 pages books? And this waiting Week over Week thing? Why??!!! Argggg!!
Ashley
Aug 23, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I really love Beth Kerry's writing and the passion between Ian and Francesca is hot. I still don't like that its in parts.
Colleen~A Moth drawn to Your Flame~
1 word...smoldering. It might sound sad to say but the more I read, the hotter I got. Beth Kery, you do know how to write. Wow
Annie
4.5/5 STARS

To be honest, the only reason I can't give this story a solid 5 stars is this frankly stupid 8-part thingy. Too many cliffhangers. No me gusta. The plot is great and there's mystery and it's really easy to be enthralled in it... until a book ends and we have to move on to the next. Oh well.

Back to the plot!

On this fourth installment, Ian succumbs to his desires, under the watchful eye of Aphodite. Pretty symbolic stuff, here. But right on the next day, Francesca has a glimpse of Ian's
Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com
I was extremely hesitant to pick up this series by Beth Kery because I wasn't a big fan at all of her previous book I read, Wicked Burn.

Needless-to-say I ventured into it with wary hesitation. I was at first relieved that each book was a sort of short story that continues into the next. This was good when I discovered this because I realized that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel like I had wasted to much of my time.

Well… I worked through the first one and before I realized it, it was finishe
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Aug 22, 2012 Anas Attic Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smut-romance, short
Read my weekly interviews with Beth Kery and more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

Because You Are Mine 4: Because You Must Learn is by far my favorite of the Because You Are Mine series so far. I was reading it and thought “now this is more like it!”, then proceeded to grab my husband with one hand and read with the other.

Yes, I’ll admit it. I read during foreplay. When it starts getting good though, I do put the book down. But this time I didn’t want to, though eventually
Mariana Bezerra
Sep 28, 2012 Mariana Bezerra rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012

Read this review on my blog! --> Book Travels

This novella was hotter than any other so far in the series, we have a good sex in a museum and a hot session of pain, plus we got to see a more fragile side of Ian and Francesca became more sure of herself and showed a strong will and able mind.

I’m liking the Paris side more than the first two novellas, because Ian and Francesca from once are talking and trying to understand the other person, plus Ian gave in to his desires and there’s finally som
Jhassa Anne
Apr 01, 2014 Jhassa Anne rated it really liked it
Uhm... Ian is not o the good mood.. Uhg.. This is frustrating... I hate it when they argue.. Punishment will be given to her for making him worried sick.. uh oh.. I wonder what happens.. :)
Laura Elizabeth
Dec 26, 2012 Laura Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Okay, I had these listed as on my kindle, but truth is, they were on my friend’s kindle, and one day at work mine died, and she was kind enough to allow me to hijack hers.
Well, I found this little read, which made me think I could finish it within a few hours. First, let me say it was a struggle to finish at all- the story is short, yes, but so much so, that you can’t really get to know the characters, and I just didn’t think it was relatable.
Not to mention that its like $1.99 … for what, I as
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Και ναι, επιτέλους, το πράγμα αρχίζει να αποκτά κάποιο ενδιαφέρον. Όχι πως ξαφνικά γίνεται η τρελή ανατροπή, αλλά αρχίζεις να διαβάζεις χωρίς να βαριέσαι.
Crabs
Apr 22, 2014 Crabs rated it really liked it
beautiful, i wonder what took me so long to read it
now r=that i am here, going for the next and all
SaturNalia
The first chapter is Ian and Francesca consumating their lust, finally. It was as hot as I expected it to be. Ian tried so hard to restrain himself, and loved reading his struggle to be gentle.
Second chapter, Francesca goes out for a jog and doesn't tell him. This send him into a rage and Francesca can't tell why. I had to agree with her, this seemed a little silly. Now she begins to wonder if Ian is manipulating her to get what he wants. This sounds more interesting and I want to see this play
Alice at Raptureinbooks
2 chapters at a time is really starting to bug me. I hate serialisations
Marilyn
Feb 08, 2013 Marilyn rated it really liked it
If I hadn't gone to bed so late last night, and therefore started this book... I wouldn't of finished it so late. If I hadn't of finished so late (or looked at the clock) I would of kept going to the next book in the series. Other than not enjoying the location of the first "scene", I enjoyed the book quite a bit. However, I found even hearing about a "crack" in the priceless piece of furniture involved didn't allow me to enjoy as much. I almost found the scene disrepectful.

Hopefully I will rea
Rachelle Fakhouri
Feb 15, 2014 Rachelle Fakhouri rated it really liked it
It is deff gripping !!!! Lost in it
Tracy
Nov 22, 2012 Tracy rated it liked it
The story of Ian an Francesca is a very good. The authors ability to weave the story flawless. I was impressed with the descriptive words an found myself (I could figure out their meaning) curiosity got me though an looked them up on my iPad. Very impressive

HOWEVER I will NEVER AGAIN purchase a book in this manner

Having to pay 1.99 for every few chapters is RIDICULOUS and should NOT be allowed.

16.00 for ONE EBOOK is crazy!

I had no idea that was how it was sold an will never again get caught in
Chloe
Oct 18, 2015 Chloe rated it liked it
Good book.
Donna Murray
Jun 12, 2014 Donna Murray rated it it was amazing
Fab
  • At His Insistence (The Billionaire's Beck and Call, #4)
  • Anything He Wants 3: The Secret (Dominated by the Billionaire, #3)
  • For His Forever (For His Pleasure, #6)
  • Whiskey and Lace (Lace, #2)
  • Confession (Curio, #5)
Beth Kery is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of over thirty novels, novellas and serials. She writes contemporary romances as well as erotic contemporary romances, her hallmarks being emotional intensity, leap-off-the-page realistic characters and steamy sexual tension.
More about Beth Kery...

Because You Are Mine (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Because You Tempt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.1)
  • Because I Could Not Resist (Because You Are Mine, #1.2)
  • Because You Haunt Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.3)
  • Because I Said So (Because You Are Mine, #1.5)
  • Because You Torment Me (Because You Are Mine, #1.6)
  • Because I Need To (Because You Are Mine, #1.7)
  • Because I Am Yours (Because You Are Mine, #1.8)
  • When I'm with You: When We Touch (Because You Are Mine, #2.1)
  • When I'm with You: When You Defy Me (Because You Are Mine, #2.2)
  • When I'm with You: When You Tease Me (Because You Are Mine, #2.3)