Start by marking “Reunion” as Want to Read:
Reunion

Reunion

Keira Johnston, a 50-year-old mother of two grown sons, believes she lives a good Christian life without secrets--until she discovers a life-jarring fact her late mother kept hidden all her life. Kiera was born out of wedlock, and the man she had always known as her father had adopted her as an infant.

Meanwhile, Keira's beloved 17-year-old niece, Kirsten, has just discover
Published July 17th 2012 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion

Dale Harcombe
Nov 09, 2013 Dale Harcombe rated it really liked it
The Sorenson family gathers every year for a reunion at Dagmar Sorenson’s home, in Munsford, where Keira and Marcus, her two married children live. But this year Dagmar will not be with them. Keira, while going through her mother’s belongings looking for her own birth certificate to get a passport for a trip to Norway, finds a secret that sets her world reeling.
Marcus, pastor of one of the churches in Munsford and his wife Leah are confronted with a staggering secret of their own that will affec
Shelley
Oct 13, 2014 Shelley rated it did not like it
Gosh, this one was really bad! So bad I can't even fathom passing it along to my sister to read, who I pass along all my books once I'm done. It usually takes me a week to read a book. This one took me 2 days, and it wasn't because I couldn't put it down. It was more like because I skipped paragraphs, and basically then skimmed over the rest. Why complete a book if I don't like it? Because I need to finish a book I start, always.

The name of the book is "Reunion", but it's not really about the f
Jencey/
Oct 14, 2016 Jencey/ added it
Shelves: chick-lit
Thank you to Faith Words for a copy of the Reunion by Lauraine Snelling. This copy was given to me in exchange for an honest review.
It is the time for the Sorenson family reunion. They will get together to celebrate those who are still living and those who have departed. What surprises could be in store for this family?
Synopsis:
Keira and Leah are looking forward to the reunion that is coming soon plus the trip to Norway. They make a trip to Keira and Marcus’s mother’s house. Their mother was f
Rebecca
Jul 12, 2014 Rebecca rated it did not like it
I don't mind faith intertwined in my novels usually but this one used a sledgehammer. One plot line led me to keep asking yes, but what is the problem and the other one was so blatantly obvious that the entire novel lacked dramatic tension. Why finish it,you ask? I only had this book with me for an extended mani-pedi. Wouldn't have missed much if it had fallen the footbath.
BRan
Feb 17, 2015 BRan rated it liked it
Great book. Distinguishing between Leah & Keira was a little difficult early in the story but became clearer as I kept reading. Will continue to read more of Lauraine Snellings work.
Rachel Brand
This was a surprisingly quick read for an audiobook, and although I was initially wary of how much I'd enjoy this book (given that my experience with Lauraine's historical romances had been pretty uninspiring) I found myself eager to listen to another chapter as I washed dishes or cooked dinner. I feel torn over how to rate this book as I loved the realism of the characters and their struggles, but also sometimes found that the drama was a little over the top, and that a few situations were deal ...more
Marilyn
Mar 16, 2017 Marilyn rated it really liked it
Reunions bring out the best in everyone. It is the easiest way to catch up and even share a few secrets. But don't forget what goes on in the preparations leading up to the big day. Sometimes the day-to-day challenges are where the real story is as you will see in the lives of Keira and her niece Kirsten.
Ally
Nov 05, 2016 Ally rated it it was ok
it was okaaaay. interesting enough story. well-written. had to see it through, I was committed. a bit too "jesus" for me, I found out after I started reading it was Christian Literature. I passed it on to a Christian friend.
Sherryma
excellent. Struggle for Keira to accept finding out that her father was not her biological father
Lisa Johnson
Sep 28, 2012 Lisa Johnson rated it liked it
Title: Reunion
Author: Lauraine Snelling
Pages: 315
Year: 2012
Publisher: Faith Words
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo.... Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988
Reunion is the story of the Sorenson family celebrating their family ties and their trials in life this side of heaven. There are several storylines running throughout t
Lashonda
Sep 26, 2016 Lashonda rated it it was ok
It was okay. It wasn't the best for sure. And, it wasn't the worst either. The story is a little slow, and it took me way too long to read it...
Sid Frost
Jul 16, 2012 Sid Frost rated it it was amazing
This story begins with two happy families. Keira and Bjorn Johnston, who have two sons living away from home, are about to celebrate their twenty-fifth anniversary with their first trip to Norway. The other family, Leah and Marcus Sorenson, live in the same block as the Johnstons. They have two sons living outside the home and a daughter Kirsten who is a high school senior who lives at home.

Marcus, the pastor of a local church, is Keira's brother. Leah is Keira's best friend, and Kirsten is like
Crystal
Jul 16, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I read Reunion in one day. Started it mid-afternoon, finished it before bed. That should pretty much say it all. Once I started, I had to finish it. And wow, what an enjoyable book.

The characters, Kiera, her husband Bjorn, her brother Marcus and his wife and Kiera's best friend Leah were all wonderful. Kiera and Leah played the starring roles in the book alongside Kirsten, Leah's 17-year-old daughter. Each character was masterfully developed from the beginning. I got to know Kiera, Leah, Kirsten
Christian Fiction Addiction
Jul 27, 2012 Christian Fiction Addiction rated it really liked it
If you are in the mood for a moving, emotional read, then Reunion in the book for you! Lauraine Snelling deftly tackles some difficult issues in her latest book, issues like family secrets, an unexpected pregnancy, and feelings of betrayal, and she does so in a manner that keeps the pace of the story moving along. The characters are well-rounded and realistically portrayed, characters who have moments of selflessness worthy of admiration, but also moments where they are all too human and make mi ...more
Kim
Sep 03, 2016 Kim rated it liked it
This book had potential, but I found two drawbacks.

First, the supposed abortion clinic - which I have yet to find a place that performs abortion that doesn't also provide many services for women, including diagnosing cancer and helping to seek affordable treatment - was noted as saying it would be easy and providing no alternatives. I thought it was federal law that all three options (no matter what you consider good or bad) be discussed in depth before an abortion can be considered. I know it'
Kathleen Kelly
Jul 13, 2012 Kathleen Kelly rated it really liked it
Reunion is a novel about tight knit family that have secrets. Keira Johnson, while taking care of her
mother's house and figuring out what to do with everything after her passing, finds her birth
certificate. What she finds totally throws her for a loop, she shares what she finds with her sister in
law Leah. Between the two of them they search the house for more clues. Meanwhile Leah's
daughter Kirsten has a secret of her own. She is just about ready to graduate high school and has
definite plan
Kayla Ashley
I won this book from a first reads giveaway here on goodreads!

This book was really sweet. I think that's the best way to describe it. It's not something I would have picked up myself so I'm happy I got the chance to read it through first reads. At the same time... it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I was expecting a story about a family reunion filled with lots of family drama. Instead, I got a nice story about three women struggling with secrets and what to do about them.

I really loved the s
Regina Spiker
Great contemporary, Christian fiction by Snelling - this read is based on two families, related by blood but also best friends. Keira Johnston has just been presented a trip to Norway by her husband. The only thing stopping her from getting her passport is finding her birth certificate. When it is finally found, she is shocked and unsettled to discover that her beloved father was not her birth father. Why didn't her mother tell her and how can Keira tell the big Sorensen clan at the upcoming reu ...more
Trinity Rose
Apr 16, 2012 Trinity Rose rated it it was amazing
Reunion by Lauraine Snelling is a book that makes you feel like family. It has a love and quality to it that just makes you think of home and peace. Even though Reunion is full of suspense and trials it still brings through that sense of peace and acceptance that only family and close friends can bring you.
Keira and Kristen have big problems and hurts in their lives, but family is there to help and encourage. There are so many possibilties and outcomes to problems that only if you seek God wil
Joy
Jun 28, 2012 Joy rated it it was amazing
Snelling is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, her books have such depth. As tough as an unwanted teen pregnancy is I thought she handled it wonderfully. Emotions ran high but family members gave Kirsten the love and support she needed. I loved that about this family and the fact that they kept telling her how much God loved her.

What I didn't like was the way Kirsten treated the baby's father, she acted like he had no say in the matter. She was rude and her behavior was immature. Of co
Apr 20, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I realized a little too late that this was considered Christian (or Inspirational) Fiction. Having never read it before I wasn't sure what to expect.

What I got was a bland story with characters that all had the same voice and a large dose of anti-abortion views. The ending panned out just as smoothly and effortlessly as the rest of the story, and even though the majority of issues in this book are serious the author managed to make them seem plain and rather uneventful. Things just happened.

Anyw
Ellen
Sep 30, 2015 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
A family reunion is coming. A trip to Norway is planned. Birth certificates are needed. Grandma died 2 years ago. Siblings & their spouses are going through things at "the home place". Where are those birth certs? The brother/pastor's daughter comes home with shocking news.
The sister is shocked when she finds a secret grandma has hidden for decades. How to tell the family grandma, who insisted on truth, lied for so long and no one ever suspected a thing.
Should the reunion go on? Should they
Sara
Jul 10, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Right off the bat, I thought Reunion was a very well-written book, and this continued throughout. Even though I didn't necessarily relate to the characters, I still cared about them and wanted to know what would happen.

This story is definitely character-driven. What is described in the summary is basically what happens in the book - there is not much else to the plot except for the ultimate conclusions, which were quite satisfying. Reading about the two situations with Keira and Kirsten were in
Colleen
The Sorenson family is planning a reunion, but some family secrets are popping up and putting a strain on the family. Keira discovers that her mother gave birth to her out of wedlock fifty years earlier, and now she has no idea who her biological father was. Meanwhile, her 17-year old niece has just discovered that she's pregnant just days before graduating from high school... a situation made even more complicated because her father is a minister.

I didn't realize when I picked this book up that
Krystal
Jul 14, 2014 Krystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*Spoilers Ahead*!!! (Sorry)
The book sounded good but once I read it I was really disappointed. Keira spends the majority of the book trying to find out who her real dad is! As I got closer to the end I finally realized that we were never going to find out.
Then there is Kirsten who gets pregnant and spends most of the book trying to pretend she isn't pregnant!
The characters were frustrating at times and I found it hard to finish the book. I just felt like the author should have focused more on
Lynda
Oct 22, 2012 Lynda rated it it was ok
This was an interesting premise but rather undeveloped. I felt the father's reaction was over the top but I am not familiar with all religious sentiments so perhaps it was understandable that he would offer to resign when he learned his teenage daughter was pregnant. At the same time, her aunt has learned that she herself was the product of a teenage pregnancy. The characters were not fully developed - I would like to have read more about their personalities that just moaning and groaniong about ...more
Rachel
Aug 29, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
this story was absolutely beautiful. it takes you at the branches of a family with a lot of hidden secrets. these secrets are all snips of plans that God has planned for them... the whole time they are not sure where they are leading them but they trust in him regardless... through letting them self get angry and feel hatred and sadness they still look back to the word and at the very end God shows them where it was rooted from all along.
Gods plan for our life is nothing but his own. he guides
Lamarr
Jul 24, 2012 Lamarr rated it it was ok
This book was a story of family woven together with the promise of unconditional love in the presence of imperfection. It greatly personifies the depth of the scripture, love covers a multitude of sins. I fell in love with the Johnston/Sorenson family because their voices, struggles, emotions and thoughts were authentic, and yet their strength lied in their faith in God, truth over secrets and the power of unified love for eachother. A profound reflection of Gods grace, mercy, love and promise t ...more
Wanda
Jul 06, 2012 Wanda rated it it was amazing
Lauraine does it again, writing a gripping story with characters so real they live next door and you can call them up to have coffee. She also does not shrink from hard choices, allowing the characters real feelings, real situations and results that show real struggle. Kirsten's struggle mirrors her grandmother's, another Snelling strength. Today's demanding issues existed in the past also. People continue to make mistakes, struggle, revive and move ahead. Thanks, Lauraine, for a great read.
Mary M
Feb 15, 2013 Mary M rated it really liked it
This book was very heavy and slow at the beginning - I was astounded since the back cover said she'd written so many other books. But things DID start to pick up about 3 chapters in and by the end, I was very engaged with the characters and their stories. A little plodding at times and who didn't see what would happen between Kirsten and one of her siblings. But a worthwhile read. I would have liked to have given it 3 and a half stars. It's not really quite a 4 star read but better to be generou ...more
  • The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek
  • For Such a Time as This (Women of Hope #1)
  • Need You Now
  • His Other Wife
  • Sweet Dreams
  • Cottage by the Sea (Hideaway #3)
  • Love Lifted Me (Songbird, #3)
  • The Offering
  • The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt, #2)
  • Song of the Brokenhearted
  • The Haven (Stoney Ridge Seasons #2)
  • When Hope Blossoms
  • Kiss of Death (Kiss Trilogy, #2)
  • 40
  • A Season of Angels (Cape Light, #13)
  • Forever After (Hanover Falls, #2)
  • Heather Song
  • A Perfect Square (Shipshewana Amish Mystery #2)
Lauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over seventy books, with sales of more than 2 million copies.

She also writes for a wide range of magazines, and helps others reach their writing dreams by teaching at writers’ conferences across the country.

Lauraine and her husband, Wayne, have two grown sons, and live in the Tehachapi Mountains with a watchdog Basset named Winston.

They love to tra
More about Lauraine Snelling...