Start by marking “Depth Perception” as Want to Read:
Depth Perception

Depth Perception (Halloween Howl)

This is a Halloween Howl Free Story from Dreamspinner Press. Click on the gargoyle to get the story!

This was a limited edition that is no longer available at Dreamspinner Press.
Published October 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Depth Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Depth Perception

L-D
Oct 18, 2011 L-D rated it it was amazing
This story was part of Dreamspinners Halloween Howl free download promotion.

This was a VERY short story. I have to stress that because in just a handful of pages, Rowena Sudbury jammed in a lifetime of angst. Man did this short make me ANGRY. I was so seriously pissed at Shane, one of the MCs, I just wanted to punch him. This is a heart-breaker but I give it 5 stars for eliciting a tremendous amount of emotion in such a short time frame. Shane is TSTL, but amazingly enough, I would read a full
Vio
Oct 28, 2011 Vio rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vio by: L-D
Read Lan-Dinh's review that just about covers how I feel. I am so frigging mad with Shane and Micah, even though you only get a little snippet into their life this was captivating and interesting. I was totally into it and then it was all snatched cruelly away from me with that ending. The only thing that would soothe my pain and anger is a full length novel so I can find out what happens next. But since this is a Bittersweet Dreams Title (I wish I knew that before I read it) I don't think I am ...more
Deeze
Oct 29, 2011 Deeze rated it really liked it
Recommended to Deeze by: Lan Dinh
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
This packs a dose of emotion into a few short pages. Micah a sweetie you want to hug and mother and Shane a hard ass self centred prick you want to smack. But even so I still feel Shane has a chance to be redeemed, if only the author would write his full story.

Maybe if enough people review and ask she will give us a sequal or better yet a full length story with these characters lol.

I do find myself wondering though why write such a short story if its not a trailer to a longer book due out later
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
For such a short story (8 pages of actual story) it holds a lot of punch. I loved it, I really did. I want to know more about these two because Micah is so heartbreaking and Shane is such a dick! But I want them to have that happy ending. I hate bittersweet stories because they seriously fuck with my fantasy of that happily ever after that I read books for! I won't read them willingly but once I do read them I end up loving them but I always end up sad in the end. This one left me sad but somewh ...more
Jenn
Oct 28, 2011 Jenn rated it it was amazing
Reread on 5/11/13 - just as heartbreaking as the first time. Dammit, I need their follow-up.

Lahn was right. This packed a whallop in 12 or so pages. It's not often that I'm dying for a fleshed out version of a short, but this is an exception. I want their story. I want their motivations. I want some happiness. I want Micah to get his puppy Dammit.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Rachel Emily
:( I wish there had been a warning about this one...
Lucy
BITTERSWEET DREAMS. Hated it! I won't rate it because that's not fair, I would never have read it had I known what it was. It is the breaking of a loving spirit, in only several pages.
blub
Mar 14, 2013 blub rated it really liked it
Way too short!!! I hope there's going to be a extended version or a sequel. I felt awful for Micah and by the end of the 8 pages I was ready to put on my gloves and beat Shane for all the pain and heartache he caused. He practically destroyed Micah and after having one last go with him. The jerk, ugh...
Alex
Apr 10, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it
Another not-necessarily-Halloween story, it's almost heart-breakingly sad as two ex-lovers meet at a party. It shows the meeting from both perspectives, making it all the more painful to watch. I want there to be more of these two so they can get there happy ending.

Be sure to check out my other reviews on my blog.
Pia Veleno
Oct 05, 2011 Pia Veleno rated it really liked it
Of the many Halloween Howl stories from DSP only a handful stood out. This was definitely one of better stories. It's not your traditional M/M sappy romance for sure, and normally I can't stand the pining ex-boyfriend angle, but for this story, Sudbury made me care about Micah and what he was going through, and the ending suited both characters well. Thank you, Ms. Sudbury, for a good free read.
OkayKim
Oct 06, 2011 OkayKim rated it liked it
Would have given it a higher rating if there's a sequel somewhere!
melek
What just happen why did shane break micah heart why... Not very happy about this at all. But Maybe might chance my mind if they find their happiness can only hope it was still a very lovely heartbreaking story...
Rowena Sudbury
Oct 05, 2011 Rowena Sudbury added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-work
Fair warning, this is a Bittersweet Dreams story ;)

Added on October 31, 2011: Happy Halloween!!!

For more information about this story, please click here! Thanks!
Don Bradshaw
This was a good bittersweet story. Shane had it all with Micah until he threw it all away. Micah is devastated and while Shane wants Micah back it's not going to happen.
Sylvie
Sylvie rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2011
Verity
Verity rated it it was ok
Oct 24, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2011
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Lu Machado
Lu Machado rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2011
cmbookdiva
cmbookdiva rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2011
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2011
Zuzi
Zuzi rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Terra
Terra rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Rowena Sudbury lives in southern California with her husband, son, and their wonderful rescue dog. Her love of reading was born in the fifth grade, and she began writing soon after that. Writing has always been her passion and escape from the real world.

Rowena finds herself thinking through the minds of her characters quite often, to the point that she always has to carry a small journal with her
More about Rowena Sudbury...

Halloween Howl (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • All in the Cards