Depth Perception

Depth Perception (Halloween Howl)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This is a Halloween Howl Free Story from Dreamspinner Press. Click on the gargoyle to get the story!

This was a limited edition that is no longer available at Dreamspinner Press.
Published October 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Depth Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Depth Perception

L-D
This story was part of Dreamspinners Halloween Howl free download promotion.

This was a VERY short story. I have to stress that because in just a handful of pages, Rowena Sudbury jammed in a lifetime of angst. Man did this short make me ANGRY. I was so seriously pissed at Shane, one of the MCs, I just wanted to punch him. This is a heart-breaker but I give it 5 stars for eliciting a tremendous amount of emotion in such a short time frame. Shane is TSTL, but amazingly enough, I would read a full...more
Vio
Read Lan-Dinh's review that just about covers how I feel. I am so frigging mad with Shane and Micah, even though you only get a little snippet into their life this was captivating and interesting. I was totally into it and then it was all snatched cruelly away from me with that ending. The only thing that would soothe my pain and anger is a full length novel so I can find out what happens next. But since this is a Bittersweet Dreams Title (I wish I knew that before I read it) I don't think I am...more
Deeze
Oct 29, 2011 Deeze rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Deeze by: Lan Dinh
Shelves: quick-easy-reads
This packs a dose of emotion into a few short pages. Micah a sweetie you want to hug and mother and Shane a hard ass self centred prick you want to smack. But even so I still feel Shane has a chance to be redeemed, if only the author would write his full story.

Maybe if enough people review and ask she will give us a sequal or better yet a full length story with these characters lol.

I do find myself wondering though why write such a short story if its not a trailer to a longer book due out later...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
For such a short story (8 pages of actual story) it holds a lot of punch. I loved it, I really did. I want to know more about these two because Micah is so heartbreaking and Shane is such a dick! But I want them to have that happy ending. I hate bittersweet stories because they seriously fuck with my fantasy of that happily ever after that I read books for! I won't read them willingly but once I do read them I end up loving them but I always end up sad in the end. This one left me sad but somewh...more
Jenn
Reread on 5/11/13 - just as heartbreaking as the first time. Dammit, I need their follow-up.

Lahn was right. This packed a whallop in 12 or so pages. It's not often that I'm dying for a fleshed out version of a short, but this is an exception. I want their story. I want their motivations. I want some happiness. I want Micah to get his puppy Dammit.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Lucy
BITTERSWEET DREAMS. Hated it! I won't rate it because that's not fair, I would never have read it had I known what it was. It is the breaking of a loving spirit, in only several pages.
Rachel
:( I wish there had been a warning about this one...
Pia Veleno
Of the many Halloween Howl stories from DSP only a handful stood out. This was definitely one of better stories. It's not your traditional M/M sappy romance for sure, and normally I can't stand the pining ex-boyfriend angle, but for this story, Sudbury made me care about Micah and what he was going through, and the ending suited both characters well. Thank you, Ms. Sudbury, for a good free read.
Alex
Another not-necessarily-Halloween story, it's almost heart-breakingly sad as two ex-lovers meet at a party. It shows the meeting from both perspectives, making it all the more painful to watch. I want there to be more of these two so they can get there happy ending.

Be sure to check out my other reviews on my blog.
blub
Way too short!!! I hope there's going to be a extended version or a sequel. I felt awful for Micah and by the end of the 8 pages I was ready to put on my gloves and beat Shane for all the pain and heartache he caused. He practically destroyed Micah and after having one last go with him. The jerk, ugh...
OkayKim
Would have given it a higher rating if there's a sequel somewhere!
Rowena Sudbury
Oct 31, 2011 Rowena Sudbury added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-own-work
Fair warning, this is a Bittersweet Dreams story ;)

Added on October 31, 2011: Happy Halloween!!!

For more information about this story, please click here! Thanks!
Don Bradshaw
This was a good bittersweet story. Shane had it all with Micah until he threw it all away. Micah is devastated and while Shane wants Micah back it's not going to happen.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
JustJen "Miss Conduct" marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
julio
julio marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
S.J.D. Peterson
S.J.D. Peterson marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Tammy
Tammy added it
Mar 14, 2013
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2013
Coni
Coni added it
Feb 25, 2013
Erica Pike
Erica Pike marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Rowena Sudbury lives in southern California with her husband, son, and their wonderful rescue dog. Her love of reading was born in the fifth grade, and she began writing soon after that. Writing has always been her passion and escape from the real world.

Rowena finds herself thinking through the minds of her characters quite often, to the point that she always has to carry a small journal with her...more
More about Rowena Sudbury...
The King's Tale Promises and Lies Blue Moon The Magic of Lammas (A King's Tale Story) Silent Night