This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it,
Okay this is the second time I have read this book (yeah I didn't note it the last time I read it) and I know remember why I only read the next three books after this one.
Claire has always been a couple of fries short of a picnic but this book she's Okay this is the second time I have read this book (yeah I didn't note it the last time I read it) and I know remember why I only read the next three books after this one.
Claire has always been a couple of fries short of a picnic but this book she's totally stupid and ridiculous because:
1. She's working for Bishop because 'magic' or some shit and she knows what an arsehole he is and she still runs to him screaming 'save my shaney waney I'll do anything'. I mean seriously what the fuck did she think was going to happen that Bishop would have crisis of conscience and let him go?
2. She meets a brand new guy called Dean and she doesn't find it remotely odd that he knows her and Shane, she doesn't even twig when his name crops up in Ada's list of people who control the computer. She then has no problem walking off in the dark with him when she knows fuck all about him except his name and that he's with Shane's dad (which would have been red flag anyway) and then she wonders why he's punching her in the face so she can be another raped and murdered girl (and I think stopping the culprit from being Jason was a cop-out)
3. The fact that she doesn't once have a go at her parents for sending her to shitsville.
4. Never working out that walking into boarded-up houses, down alleys and into hidden rooms just may not be a good idea.
5. The 'oh Shane' moments.. I despise this pairing.. it's absolutely awful and every time we get near sexy time I skip a few pages.
I know this seems like a 1 star review.. but the book's still readable and at least it ends on a bit of a closure. I do have the next books up to 12 but I'm debating whether to read on....more