Shravana

Add friend
Sign in to Goodreads to learn more about Shravana.


Meditations
Shravana is currently reading
bookshelves: currently-reading
Rate this book
Clear rating

 
Talent is Overrat...
Rate this book
Clear rating

 
The Gospel of Sri...
Rate this book
Clear rating

 
See all 12 books that Shravana is reading…

Shravana’s Recent Updates

Shravana liked a quote
Il mestiere di vivere by Cesare Pavese
“You will be loved the day when you will be able to show your weakness without the other person using it to assert his strength.”
Cesare Pavese
Supernormal Stimuli by Deirdre Barrett
"The only reason this book got any stars from me is because the subject of supernormal stimuli was actually interesting. Except Barrett didn't even talk about supernormal stimuli for 80% of the book.

This book suffers from what I call the Mindset ef..." Read more of this review »
Shravana liked a quote
Modern Man in Search of a Soul by C.G. Jung
“Whatever we look at, and however we look at it, we see only through our own eyes.”
C.G. Jung
Shravana liked a quote
Modern Man in Search of a Soul by C.G. Jung
“We cannot change anything unless we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate; it oppresses.”
C.G. Jung
Shravana wants to read
Libido Dominandi by E. Michael Jones
Rate this book
Clear rating
Shravana wants to read
The Gum Thief by Douglas Coupland
The Gum Thief
by Douglas Coupland (Goodreads Author)
Rate this book
Clear rating
Shravana wants to read
Miss Lonelyhearts by Nathanael West
Rate this book
Clear rating
Shravana wants to read
Garner's Modern American Usage by Bryan A. Garner
Rate this book
Clear rating
Shravana wants to read
Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
Rate this book
Clear rating
Shravana wants to read
The Elephant in the Brain by Kevin Simler
Rate this book
Clear rating
More of Shravana's books…
Adam Alter
“To some extent we all need losses and difficulties and challenges, because without them the thrill of success weakens gradually with each new victory. That’s why people spend precious chunks of free time doing difficult crosswords and climbing dangerous mountains—because the hardship of the challenge is far more compelling than knowing you’re going to succeed.”
Adam Alter, Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked

Adam Alter
“It seemed as if the people producing tech products were following the cardinal rule of drug dealing: never get high on your own supply.”
Adam Alter, Irresistible: Why We Can’t Stop Checking, Scrolling, Clicking and Watching

“For example, when articles previously published in a journal were resubmitted soon afterward with new obscure names and institutions, only 10 percent of them were noticed as having been published before, and of the remaining 90 percent, only 10 percent were accepted under the new names.46”
Kevin Simler, The Elephant in the Brain: Hidden Motives in Everyday Life

“So it’s a mixed bag. Schools help prepare us for the modern workplace and perhaps for society at large. But in order to do that, they have to break our forager spirits and train us to submit to our place in a modern hierarchy. And while there are many social and economic benefits to this enterprise, one of the first casualties is learning.”
Kevin Simler, The Elephant in the Brain: Hidden Motives in Everyday Life

“All of this suggests that we reconsider our huge subsidies and encouragements of school. Yes, there are benefits to credentialing and sorting students—namely, the economic efficiency that results from getting higher-skilled workers into more important jobs. But the benefits seem to pale next to the enormous monetary, psychic, and social waste of the education tournament.19”
Kevin Simler, The Elephant in the Brain: Hidden Motives in Everyday Life

Yyib badge

Shravana hasn't connected with their friends on Goodreads, yet.





Polls voted on by Shravana

Lists liked by Shravana