Teens Read Book Club discussion

Welcome Center > Hello, new members!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (AndreaKulman) | 10 comments Hi there. My name is Andrea M. Kulman. I am the author of THE DRAMA UNFOLDS. My book is YA/Fiction. Thanks for the invitation to be a part of your group.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Hi. My name is Ashley and I am 22. I reside in Walnut Creek, California. I am currently in college studying to be an elementary teacher. I love to read and write in my free time. My favorite genres are YA, Memoirs, GLBT, and Fantasy.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 45 comments Hello! I loved reading as a teenager and I still love it.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (AndreaKulman) | 10 comments Way to go, Nick! I am not very good with math. :~/

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris (ToastCrib) Hi my name is Chris and my favorite book is Ender's Game... So far

message 6: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Hi! I'm Randi. I love to read. I missed out on reading when I was a teen, because I hated reading back then. I would like to see what teens are reading these days. I can catch up in a group that provides just that. I haven't read much in this particular genre, so it should be very interesting.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris (ToastCrib) Thanks

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (AndreaKulman) | 10 comments As for math. I am constantly asking my teens what answers are for certain questions. Funny thing is I have always worked with numbers. I was a medical biller for many years. I guess the billing program kept me on my A game. haha.

message 9: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin (DreamsFromAnotherPlanet) | 2 comments Hi Tianna guess Who :D
Well my name is Yasmin or Yaz or Yazzie. My favorite genre is science fiction and fantasy!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

My name is Samantha I am 22 and from Arizona. I read all sorts of genres but so far I have to say that Twilight is my fave series, then of course the Sookie books. I just finished Vampire Diaries those weren't so bad.

message 11: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Uh... *points up* that name, and... I live in the U.S... that's my profile.

message 12: by Jody (new)

Jody Hey there. My name is Jody, I'm 27 and live in California. 95% of what I read is YA just because I can't relate to as many "Adult" books. No matter how old I get, I still feel like a kid. :p

♫♥ashylynlyn♥♫ (goodreadscomprofileashlyne) | 1 comments Hi! I am Ashlyn. I am 12 and live in Texas. I am a dancer and I love to read! My favorite genres are sci-fi, fantasy and things dealing with teens.

message 14: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 39 comments Ello everybody! I'm Ocean, if you wanna know my realy name just ask. lolz. I love on a military base in Maryland, and I love sci-fi, realistic ficion, and fantasy. Halfway for romance.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2009 12:56PM) (new)

I'm Leslie and I LOVE reading. Sometimes I write. I really like Fantasy, young adult, manga, ect. ect.Oh ,I live in Maryland too.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi

message 17: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 39 comments Hi, Leslie!!!

message 18: by Amira (new)

Amira (liightningbolt) Hello, all! I'm 17 and Harry Potter was my first love. W00t.

message 19: by Amira (new)

Amira (liightningbolt) I know, I know! We STILL need to catch up! =] This is an awesome group, btw. Well Done!

message 20: by Ethan (new)

Ethan (E-WolfRandomperson2) | 5 comments Well, my name is Ethan....(who could have guessed). Ender's Game ROCKS!!!! It's not my favorite, but close. My favorite genres: YA, Fantasy, once in a while sci fi...ya know. Favorite series: Lord of the Rings all the way.

message 21: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 39 comments Ello, everybody!!!

message 22: by Julie (new)

Julie Hooah, to everybody! basic hello. I'm Julie from MI. I love to read. When I do read the book has to be interesting at the beginning somewhere(In first ten chapters).Right now I'm just getting home from the armory in the city that my husband's in. I'm not enlisted, just he and others I know. I volenteer down there more now. should of than but didn't. I love the military and hate it at times. We stay strong!

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan Lyons | 13 comments Hello! My name is Megan and I am a teacher from Vancouver Canada. My favourite novels include

Children's Novels:
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Holes by Louis Sachar
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery

YA Novels:
The Book Thief
Sabriel by Garth Nix
Speak

Adult Novels:
Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
In the Skin of the Lion by Michael Ondatjje
Beloved by Toni Morrison
The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

Felicity/Rosestar (felicity) Hiyas! My name is Felicity and I am from AZ. I read a lot of books, especially Warriors and the anne of green gables series. I spend most of my free time here on gr, but I don't have a ton due to my crazy pom instructor. I just finished writing a novel, but I need to type it and edit it.

Oh and I am glad to see that this isn't a big rp group! I have serious issues with constant rp. The only rp I have stayed with Warriors Lovers which totally rocks!

message 25: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 39 comments Hey, Felicity!!!! *huggles*

message 26: by Oceanwaves (new)

Oceanwaves (OceanwavesHeartSoul) | 39 comments Hey!

message 27: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Felicity! *hugs*

message 28: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I don't think I introduced myself...
I'm Allie, I live in SoCal and love it. I like almost every book that I read, all types of genres. Warriors, The Gemma Doyle Trilogy, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. I spend my free time a) Reading, b) On GRs, c) Dancing (ballet) d) Hanging out with my friends, e) writing one of my many unfinished stories, or f) Being Crazy.

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (AndreaKulman) | 10 comments Hi to all the new members. Allie, I was in SoCal last week. Loved it!

message 30: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) LOL it rules!!!!!! We don't even have a winter, iwent 2 the beach 2day!!!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

the last time i was at the beach was in oct. last year. we drove to Daytona beach in Fl before we went to Disney World.

message 32: by Ola (new)

Ola (boopoland) Hi there! i just joined the group and wanted to say a few words about me. :)

my name is Aleksandra, but everyone calls me Ola or sometimes Boo [like the little girl from "Monsters. Inc". :)
i'm 23 years old. i live in Poland where i was born :).

i enjoy reading urban fantasy [like Andrzej Pilipiuk - polish fantasy and sci-fi writer], chick lit [like Sophie Kinsella or Emily Giffin:], thrillers [like Thomas Harris, Tess Gerritsen:] and books for kids and teenagers :)

besides reading i love listening to various kinds of music [you can check it @ wwww.last.fm/user/boo_poland

:)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

im new i guess. my name is Zcarlett and hi!

message 34: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 2 comments Hi, I'm Jonathan Bernstein. I live in Los Angeles but am originally from Scotland. I have a superhero YA book called Hottie coming out in April. It's funny!

Thanks for the invite.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

k.............. Hi.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah hiiiiiii

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Jonathan...what is Scotland like? It's one of the places I would love to visit one day.

message 38: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 2 comments Ashley wrote: "Jonathan...what is Scotland like? It's one of the places I would love to visit one day. "

Beautiful. Mountainous. Green. Historic. Except for Glasgow where I come from which is a dirty city where it rains all the time.

message 39: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Wow, that sounds amazing... I really want to go there too...

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) That sounds lovely Jonathan. Definitely want to go there some day :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah....................

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey peoples.
Im Mads (short for Madelaine)and I Joined like 5 minutes ago. My lousy friends all don't read (yeah, they're weird) and Im sick of them complaining when I say something like "I read this awesome book on the weekend". So, I Joined.

message 43: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cmevans1) Hyz!!
Me = Courtney
I'm 13.
A bookaholic.
I live in Northern Florida.
My favourite authors are: Markus Zusak, J.K.Rowling, Ellen Hopkins, Neal Shusterman,Sarah Dessen,Rick Riodan, Jodi Lynn Anderson, Lousie Rennison,Laurie Halse Anderson,and Stephenie Meyer.
I like mostly YA fiction.
I listen almost every type of music.
And..that's all I can think of to say..

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

hey jonaton............ and everyone else....... hi!!!!!!!!

message 45: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cmevans1) hyz Zcarlett!!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Mads wrote: "Hey peoples.
Im Mads (short for Madelaine)and I Joined like 5 minutes ago. My lousy friends all don't read (yeah, they're weird) and Im sick of them complaining when I say something like "I read ..."

Lol , I barely knew anyone who read a lot until I was Homeschooled.

message 48: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (JeezeXstephanie) | 1 comments Hi guys!
My name is Stephanie.
I'll read anything that has words, litterally.
I've read the dictionary once.
My favorite book changes with each book I read.

message 49: by Celestasaurus (last edited Feb 23, 2009 08:16AM) (new)

Celestasaurus I'm Celeste, sixteen, and a book lover.
I love to read and write, though I'm not terribly good at the latter.
NobodyI know personally, other than my step-mom, likes to read.
I like watching funny movies starring Will Farrell or Tina Fey or Amanda Bynes.
My favorite authors are Scott Westerfeld, Ellen Hopkins, John Green, Laurie Faria Stolarz, M.T. Anderson, and many others.
My favorite genres are. . . pretty much all of them. Sci-fi. Fantasy. Mystery. Hisorical. Etc. But I mostly read young adult.
My guilty pleasure is Dear Dumb Diary. What is it, meant for grade-school kids? Probably, but Jim Benton is HIlarious.

Mmm.. That's about it.

message 50: by Julie (new)

Julie HI, I'm now in a novel called 'Fire Study'by maria v. snyder.

« previous 1 3