The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Jess Sighting

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 197 comments This is probably old news to you all but I've been meaning to post for weeks that I realized that Jess is Peter what's his name from Heros! I just love a character sighting, even if I'm 2 years late in making it!

message 2: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
It's Peter Petrelli. He has the coolest power ever -- the ability to absorb any power from all of the heroes he meets. It's funny cause I hated Jess in GG but Peter is so much more likable, he redeemed Milo Ventimiglia in my eyes. To all Jess fans, peace y'all ;)

message 3: by Bonnie (last edited Jan 30, 2009 04:33AM) (new)

Bonnie | 4 comments Same with me! I hated Jess but I really like Peter.

I actually met Milo Ventimiglia last year. He was in the same movie theater I was, and in fact seeing the same movie (Wanted). I was too embarrassed to talk to him, but my mom walked up and started talking to him! He was very polite and nice. But so much shorter than I had thought! Only my third ever celebrity sighting.

message 4: by Tia (new)

Tia (proceedcyclone) | 4 comments Bonnie wrote: "Same with me! I hated Jess but I really like Peter.

I actually met Milo Ventimiglia last year...I was too embarrassed to talk to him, but my mom walked up and started talking to him!..."

Aw, I actually like Jess more than Peter. I think there's more depth to Jess' character than Peter's. But I generally am more attached to the villains (Sylar from Heroes and Ben from Lost), so my opinion may be skewed. heh.

Is your mother familiar with him, too? Or did she just approach him because you recognized him?

When I adopted my cat, my sister wanted me to name him Milo because I got her addicted to both Gilmore Girls and Heroes.

message 5: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
Tia -- Sylar, yum! I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie :)

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie | 4 comments I always loved Dean and I hated Jess for taking Rory away from Dean. That started my dislike. It didn't help that I found Jess annoying.

My mom is also a Gilmore Girls fan so she recognized him.

message 7: by Tia (new)

Tia (proceedcyclone) | 4 comments Dini wrote: "Tia -- Sylar, yum! I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie :)"

My boyfriend wants to see it because he watched Star Trek back in the day (he can point out all the references in Heroes) and I wasn't terribly interested since I've never seen a single episode. However, I was sold once he mentioned Sylar was part of the cast. heh.

message 8: by Tia (new)

Tia (proceedcyclone) | 4 comments Bonnie wrote: "I always loved Dean and I hated Jess for taking Rory away from Dean. That started my dislike. It didn't help that I found Jess annoying.

My mom is also a Gilmore Girls fan so she recognized him."

I liked Dean when the show first aired, maybe because I was their age and wanted a boyfriend who would call all day while I was gone, but watching reruns, I can't stand him. He seems very insecure, defensive, and angry nowadays.

I do find myself frustrated with Jess sometimes, too, however. It seems he's stubborn when he shouldn't be and not stubborn when he should be.