Urban Fantasy discussion

GROUP READ OF THE MONTH--ARCHIVE > War for the Oaks--February Group Read--SPOILER FREE

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (TSorrels) No spoilers in this topic, please.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (kevn57) Terrific book from the introduction straight through to the appendix where the author includes scenes from a screenplay that she and her husband Will Shetterly wrote, scenes that didn't appear in the book.

Aside from the great extras this story has everything I'm looking for in an Urban Fantasy book, a quick introduction to the magic that makes it "Fantasy" and great characters that you really care about. I read this because it's a GROUP BOOK OF THE MONTH -February Group Read. A terrific choice by it's members that's why I joined the group to get different recommendations of great books to read. I'd already read "Heart of Stone" and while I didn't care for that I just loved this book, so glad I joined. Sorry I jumped the gun and read it a few days early, I thought it'd take longer to read but I just couldn't put it down.

message 3: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 22 comments I liked it a lot too.

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (TSorrels) I started it last night... so far, I like it.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (TSorrels) I am now 223 pages in and I love it! It was so hard to put it down last night to go to bed - I stayed up past my bedtime and am feeling it today. But, man, was it worth it.

Anyone else reading this book?

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason | 36 comments I started it, but have a couple other books going on at the same time. I recently picked up Bujold's Curse of Chalion and haven't been able to put it down . . . although with the family and my work I have limited time to read on a daily basis.

I enjoyed the introduction of the mystical world from the beginning, and hope to get back to it soon.