Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > Mystery

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:25AM) (new)

Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (bookaholic203) Which type of mystery is your favorite

Actual Murder Mysteries
Cozy Mysteries
British Mysteries
OTher

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:25AM) (new)

I really love stories with strange and diverse settings- Bangkok, Moscow, Alaska. I don't have a strong preference about type- but I do like sort of tortured, introspective men protags, which is usually- a police procedural!
Martin Cruz Smith has a new Arkady Renko novel out! Yipee! I downloaded it as an ebook this morning from Powells.

message 3: by Sfdreams (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:27AM) (new)

Sfdreams | 12 comments My favorite kind of mystery is the cozy--especially ones with unusual protagonists or situations. I like character development, and am more interested in the personal lives of the main characters than I am with the actual mystery. I love series--I can follow the "lives" of the characters. I do not like hard-boiled PI mysteries much (though I have read them) and am not fond of British mysteries (I know that makes me a heretic!)I enjoy police procedurals too, especially with serial killers or forensic science.

message 4: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Heather (hmr1126) | 7 comments I happen to love British mysteries, there are some very good ones out there from Agatha Christie to some newer authors like Deborah Crombie (I'm not sure how new she is and I don't think that she is British, but writes British mysteries)

message 5: by Sergey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:37AM) (new)

Sergey (zvukvnochi) I like cozy and British mysteries mostly.