Ouachita Parish Public Library Page Turners discussion

Book Discussions > The Kite Runner

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniecwilkes) This is going to be where you'll add discussions, questions, insight, or whatever you feel about this book!

message 2: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 90 comments Has anybody started this yet?

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 36 comments I'm starting it in the next day or two. We've been so busy! Have you started? How's it going?

message 4: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 90 comments Slow. Haven't gotten past page 2, yet. LOL!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 36 comments Let me know if you can't get past page 2, maybe we can double team it somehow...LOL

message 6: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 90 comments We may have to.

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 36 comments Okay, I'm now on page 125--chapter 12. It's okay, but I sure didn't like things that led to that point.

message 8: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 90 comments wow! This is a good book. It's so deep and has so many levels. So much fodder for discussion! I can't wait to hear what y'all think about it.

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 36 comments I think I like mystery books with made up plots. This one is too real for me. I like entertaining books that take me away from reality--not remind me of it.

message 10: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 90 comments I'm finished! I thought it interesting, but not as enjoyable less realistic made up plot. I didn't care for the ending.

message 11: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 13 comments I'm really struggling. About in chapter 3. Please tell me it is worth continuing.

message 12: by Suzie (new)

Suzie | 90 comments That was exactly my concern when I was stuck on page 2 LOL. It does get good, but I wish I had stopped with Chapter 20 or so. I can check and tell you exactly where I wished I'd stopped if you want.

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 36 comments There are some good things that happen. I just wanted there to be more.

message 14: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 36 comments I've got 140 pages left--I need to be finished! I will say I'm enjoying reading about the Afghani traditions though. I love to read about and visit places around the world to discover the different cultures. It's very fascinating to me. I think you have a better understanding of people and their behavior if you know something about their culture. Besides that, I'm not enjoying the book so much.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephaniecwilkes) I decided to throw down the Young Adult Fiction and read The Kite Runner this weekend. So far, I think my head is all desensitized to reading about deep subjects because my last few books have been about anorexic teenagers and high school romances...

But I just finished making my tea and sent my husband to take a nap (more for me than him...hahahaha!) and I plan to knock it out this afternoon!