Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Brienne's 50 Books in 2009!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brienne (new)

Brienne | 6 comments Hi All! I am new to this challenge, and am excited to have a legitimate reason to constantly have my nose in a book. Good luck to everyone!

message 2: by Brienne (new)

Brienne | 6 comments (1) Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster - Jon Krakauer
(2) The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
(3) Until I Find You - John Irving
(4) My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands - Chelsea Handler

message 3: by Brienne (new)

Brienne | 6 comments (5) The Reader - Bernhard Schlink (finished 2/2/09)

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 487 comments Hi Brienne,
What did you think of The Reader? That one is on my TBR list.

message 5: by Brienne (new)

Brienne | 6 comments Hi Melanie,
Well, I cannot help but compare The Reader to the last few books I've read that concerned WWII, those being The Book Theif and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I absolutely loved both of those and had a hard time putting them down. In contrast, The Reader was slow at times and the character of Michael Berg just got stale for me. I think the movie will do it justice, so you may just want to check that out...I sort of wish I had! Hope that helps!

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 487 comments It does - thanks! I actually ordered The Book Thief this morning. I have heard wonderful things about it.

message 7: by Brienne (new)

Brienne | 6 comments (6) Divisadero - Michael Ondaatje

message 8: by Brienne (new)

Brienne | 6 comments (7) Skeletons at The Feast - Chris Bohjalian
(8) Home - Julie Andrews

message 9: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 21 comments Uh oh, Beanie.. we're a little behind. Here's hoping for a strong 2nd half of the year!! Maybe we should start reading Babysitter's Club...