Hot Scholars discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Welcome and suggestions!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nataly (last edited Jan 27, 2009 02:15PM) (new)

Nataly | 3 comments Mod
Welcome everyone, as we start gaininng more members I would like to open the floor for any suggestions on books people may be interested in reading or topics. I've allowed so that all members can add books to the book club and we can than decide on two books a month. No one has to read both books, but there will be discussion boards set up for both. I'd rather give people the option of one or the other depending on preferences.

Please feel free to open discussions on any thoughts or ideas, whether it be entertainment, art, or just being completely random and want feedback from the group.

Thanks and looking forward to some great discussions!

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Hom | 4 comments Mod
Haha we're the first two members = )

message 3: by Kevin (new)

I would like to start the Uglies series

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Anyone read the Secret Life of Bees? The movie comes out on DVD next week. Heard it's good

message 5: by Nataly (new)

Nataly | 3 comments Mod
I Suggest that we read the Five People you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom and follow it with The Five Jerks you meet on Earth (Different author) It would be quite the parody but amusingly funny.

message 6: by Nataly (new)

Nataly | 3 comments Mod
Just to keep everyone in the loop we will be picking two books for March and finally starting our book club. So please have your suggestions in by the last week of February.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments Hey Nataly...I suggest 3 Cups of Tea...for selfish reasons...it's the next book in my stash that I haven't read yet haha Just throwing it out there.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

I would like to suggest the book "Exhumed". It's a ghost story with alot of twists and turns. They plan on making it into a movie and a sequel is being written.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.