TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn i have a theory about bella. now alot of u say u hate bella cuz everyone in town loves her, and no body in phoenix liked her. now heres my theory: bella is the narrorater and shes the one telling u no one liked her. no think back to when u were 17, or if u r now. how many people in town or school do/did u think really liked u? or how many guys do/did u think 'liked, liked' u? so maybe people DID like bella before, but she just didnt know, or didnt think they did. and for the whole, she ugly but everyone loves her thing, again think to when u were 17, did/do u think u were really pretty? maybe its that way with bella, shes pretty but doesnt think so. idk, those r just a few of my theories.

@_@

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (runawaymarbles) | 130 comments I guess... she is too pretty. You know how many girls would kill to be thin without exercising?

message 3: by Chandani , The TAC Prez one (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 1475 comments Mod
She sucks. Shes a bitchy whiny asshole that i would beat the shit out of if i ever met.

Im sorry i had a bad day.

message 4: by Firemirage (new)

Firemirage | 17 comments I have a more simple answer: Because she's a Mary-Sue. ^ ^

message 5: by Jenn (new)

Jenn ya i know, im just saying...

@_@

message 6: by Chandani , The TAC Prez one (new)

I want cake.

message 7: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments i want to eat brownies

message 8: by Giggles (new)

Giggles Fayla wrote: "i want to eat brownies "

so do i im hungry

message 9: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments me too just came back from the park

message 10: by Giggles (new)

Giggles now im full cuz i just ate like a pop tart some chips and drank iced tea

message 11: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments yumm

message 12: by Giggles (new)

Giggles yuppp n today we had this party at school and everyone brought in like such good snacks it was delicious

message 13: by Chandani , The TAC Prez one (new)

yummmm

message 14: by Chandani , The TAC Prez one (new)

HAHA FAY I WIN BECAUSE IHAVE MORE MMMMM'S THAN YOU!!! HAHAHAHAHH!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!

message 15: by Giggles (new)

Giggles Chandani wrote: "yummmm"

yaaaaa i totally agree and i brought in sone lays patatoe chips

message 16: by Fayla (new)

Fayla (bluebutterflyze) | 604 comments YUMMMMMMMMMMMM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! NOW I HAVE MORE!

message 17: by Giggles (new)

Giggles hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha okk

message 18: by i love... (new)

i love... ...ummm (iloveummmm) | 64 comments haha lol

message 19: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new)

Jamine Isabel E. Uy (candy-rain) | 3069 comments Mod
I know this is a spam and all but please check http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

I have made another comic. I hope you all like it!

message 20: by Giggles (new)

Giggles kkkkk yuppp

message 21: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 316 comments OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!

I think Bella is just a whiny Mary Sue. I think she could have been a lot better, but instead there was so much unreal crap around.

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments She is... um.... every guy's dream. Yeah, that doesn't feel right to say at all. She is smart and pretty.... that's really it.

But if she some how came to life, she'd be DEAD

message 23: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Well, smart in school, I think. But she is stupid when it comes to guys, some of the ones that like her are CUTE.

message 24: by April (new)

April (tifa_cloud) | 5 comments she just love self-pitying thats why...

message 25: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments She's mean, like she told some guy that she wasn't going to go to the dance, but she shows up, and with another guy!! That's a slap in the face, it really is.

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments Ikr!!!

Bella's so whiny and mean and disobedient and disrespectful and stupid!! >.<

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

wat is mary sue? but i agree

message 28: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) GOOGLE IT!

message 29: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments A Mary Sue is essentially a perfect character. Too tired for full explanation, so you'd do best to Google it, like Steph said.

message 30: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Well, there's a story on FanFiction.net (which seems to be mentioned a lot lately) where someone is making a Spyro Mary Sue, here's the link.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4644714/3...

If you were to look around FF.net you'd probably find some others, this one is good and you don't really have to know much about Spyro to understand it.

message 31: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 71 comments Jenn{WeEzEr LuVa!!!!} wrote: "i have a theory about bella. now alot of u say u hate bella cuz everyone in town loves her, and no body in phoenix liked her. now heres my theory: bella is the narrorater and shes the one telling u..."

I have a different theory about her. Remember in Twilight when Bella, Jessica and Angela go dress shopping? Bella is surprised they were able to find something to wear so quickly and doesn't remember ever being able to do that in Phoenix. Then Bella says something like "I guess there was something to be said for limited choice". In other words, there isn't much to pick from so they end up going for dresses that may have been overlooked in Phoenix because that is the best there is.

So, my theory as to why all the boys in school seem to like Bella so much is that back in Phoenix, there were more girls, ones who actually had personalities. In Forks, there are less girls, and while Bella is not very likeable, she is fairly pretty, probably the best all the boys seem to think they are going to find. I think they only liked Bella because there was a limited choice and Bella was the best there was.

message 32: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Hm... well your logic certainly has evidence...but circumstantial at most. Is there even a part of the book where it states there are less girls in Forks?

message 33: by Zelda (new)

Zelda of Unapologetic Reviews (zelda_of_arel) | 66 comments Rose wrote: "Hm... well your logic certainly has evidence...but circumstantial at most. Is there even a part of the book where it states there are less girls in Forks?"

Forks is this tiny place. Phoenix is huge. I checked and the population of Forks, Wa is 3,120. Phoenix has a population of 1,601,587. So yeah, Forks has less girls. Or people.

message 34: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Hmmmm.......... well you do have the evidence. But I don't really know.........

And who says Meyer didn't just make up a town called Forks? Even though there is a real one she might not have known about it.

message 35: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 71 comments I read this on her website "for my setting, I knew I needed someplace ridiculously rainy. I turned to Google, as I do for all my research needs, and looked for the place with the most rainfall in the U.S. This turned out to be the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. I pulled up maps of the area and studied them, looking for something small, out of the way, surrounded by forest... And there, right where I wanted it to be, was a tiny town called Forks."

message 36: by Mutt (new)

Mutt | 98 comments I have by own theory about Bella. She's mentally ill. You've possibly heard me talk about this before, but this logic is justified. Consider:

1, All of her character flaws are either overlooked or justified.

2, Nothing happens that will affect her long-term unless it's going along with her "Happily ever after" with Edward. Even the whole Renesmee thing plays into the "happy families thing" and while unexpected, her c-section via Edward's teeth turned her into a vampire.

3, Even after all of this crazy bullshit goes on, it seems to be life as normal for the folks in Forks.

4, There's no genuine character growth. People that die in the series tend to have the same amount of character depth as when they were alive.

When you look at these details, it occurs to me that not only is this not in any way realistic, but it is pretty much how an immature person would have their imaginary world structured. An immature person, or a mentally ill person.

After having to deal with her mother(who may also be mentally ill. She wouldn't seem that way to someone just as ill, but she does seem to have the whole "Peter Pan Syndrome" thing happening. By her own words, Bella stated that she had to largely take care of herself due to her mother being an absent parent, even when she was around.), I think that she would have had to retreat into her own little world.

Having that little world constructed would have made it a lot easier to slip into should she have a mental break, which can happen when someone receives a blow to the head, like say, from a car. You'll also note that all of the less than normal things occurring only start when she hits her read.

Thoughts?

message 37: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Hmmm..... an interesting theory Mutt....Very interesting.

message 38: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Hmm... so many theories it makes my brain hurt!!!