Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Men of the Otherworld *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (last edited Feb 21, 2009 01:32PM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I just thought that I'd start a thread for the new books Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong. What did everyone think about it?

I really liked it! I felt like it gave some much needed insight into the relationship between Jeremy and Malcom. I also loved seeing Clayton as a little kid. lol, his thoughts and such just made my laugh so hard at times.

I hadn't read any of these stories on her website, so I enjoyed them.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Kelley Anne you did some new release shopping. I haven't picked up one yet. LOL I can't wait 2 read this one

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I think I'm going to go run over to BN tonight and check it out. I should be going to class... but who needs graduate classes :)

message 4: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments lol, I was at the store yesterday and saw it. It was out a day early. This month has not been a good month on my wallet, but it's been a great month for reading!

message 5: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Here's a question for everyone after they read this book. If you have a friend that has never read any of the Women of the Otherworld books, would you recommend reading this book first?

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I am still waiting for my copy from the library...I hate waiting

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Mine is at the library right now, I didn't have a chance to pick it up. I was originally going to buy it and then I realized that it was in hardcover. ICK!

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Luck you Jess I think I am number two in line YUCK!

HAHAHA isn't it funny when you find out it is hardcover you kind of pause. I am always like wait I need to make sure I really like it before I purchase it!

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah, I had a list of books to get and I kept looking for this one.. and then I saw it sitting on the New Releases shelf in Sci Fi.. and it was in hardcover. Very disappointing. So I went home immediately to put in for it at the library.

message 10: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments Has anyone read Living with the Dead? What is with the third person?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments Kelley Anne wrote: "Here's a question for everyone after they read this book. If you have a friend that has never read any of the Women of the Otherworld books, would you recommend reading this book first?"

LOL, I know this won't really help, as I've only just finally got my copy of Men of the Otherworld. However, reading the forward, it has stories of Clay's past, but then brings us up to the present. So, I would say that no, your friend should probably start at the beginning and at least read Bitten to understand the whole Clay and Elena relationship.

I have only actually read Bitten and Stolen, but I loved them both. I really want to read Broken, but I have this thing about having to read series in order, and just haven't had a chance to get back to it - although I own them. I had to buy this because I have a ridiculous weakness for Clay, and figured I could safely read the early stories of him without messing up the story line.

Meh... I need to take a week's holiday and just happily engross myself in the series without worrying about falling behind in my monthly reading challenges. ;)

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I just finished reading this one. I htought it was great!!! I loved how we finally got some insight into Clay's life before we meet him in Bitten. Also I loved reading more about Jeremy.

UGH Malcomn!!! I HATE HIM. Even though I felt a little bad when towards the end he was fighting with Clay and didn't realize that Clay would actually kill him to protect Jeremy. But still, he was such an ass to Jeremy. I wanted to cry when I read the beginning story about him dropping poor baby Jeremy.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (darthmako) I loved this book. Of course I read the first three stories while they were still up on Kelley Armstrong's website. Quite enjoyed re-reading them though.

I think Clay is my favorite character in the whole series and I can't wait for Frostbitten.

I'm not usually one to buy books in hardcover but when a new Otherworld book comes out the temptation is just too strong and I have to get it. I usually have them finished within a couple days of buying them.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelly Ann, I don't remember anything in this book that would spoil the rest of the series for you. Great insight into the relationship between Jeremy & Clay, which may even enhance reading the others. So go for it!

I also read a library copy, and recognized several parts from the authors website. Was good reading all together in book form.

message 15: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I can't wait until she releases the book that will include how Clay and Elena meet and all of that! I just loved this one!

So, I had a thought last night about this book. During the fight for alpha, 2 of the wolves, Dennis and Joey, left instead of taking sides. They never did return to the pack, but it says that they ended up tracking them down to Alaska. Well, in the next book, the one about Clay and Elena, it says that it takes place in Alaska. Hmmm....do you think that maybe these 2 wolves are going to come back into the picture?

message 16: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 208 comments I just finished with this one and I must say I really did like how much it explained about Clayton and Jeremy, especially about Jeremy. I always wanted to know what those runes meant.