Mystery Lovers! discussion

Random Chats > Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:25AM) (new)

Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (bookaholic203) What percent of what you read is mystery?

message 2: by Holly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:26AM) (new)

Holly Booms Walsh (withherownwings) Well, if you open the definition up as wide as it can go, probably more than half of my reading is mystery. The supernatural fiction I read is mostly mystery (The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, Kim Harrison's Vampiric Charms series) as opposed to the more "romance" end of that type of fiction. I like fiction with a mystery-type plot (The Thirteenth Tale, etc.) where it may not be a murder but it's still a riddle being solved in the course of the book.

It's really audiobooks that got me firmly addicted to mysteries - they're great for car trips and they keep you interested even when the book is cut into chunks by the daily commute or when the miles on the highway start to make you numb.

message 3: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:26AM) (new)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) At various points in my life, it's been as high as 95%. Currently, it's less than 10%. My taste in books is eclectic, but I do love mysteries! At some point I'll have to add more to my goodreads mysteries shelf as I have read many mystery books.

message 4: by Sfdreams (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:27AM) (new)

Sfdreams | 12 comments Probably 90-99% of my reading is mystery. It's hard to judge exactly. I also love essays, fantasy, memoirs, and self-help, but the bulk of my reading is mysteries! I go through periods (not often!) where I have trouble reading anything, but usually read 2-5 books per week. There are SO MANY good mysteries to read that I cannot keep up.