dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 1. GOSSIP GIRL 2
2. QUEEN OF BABBLE IN THE BIG CITY
3. CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 4. P.S. I LOVE YOU

message 3: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) Ahhh chick lit! What did you think of Gossip Girl and Confessions? I've read both. I read all of the GG books (minus the last one) and I am reading the It Girl soon :)

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Aprile wrote: "Ahhh chick lit! What did you think of Gossip Girl and Confessions? I've read both. I read all of the GG books (minus the last one) and I am reading the It Girl soon :)"

I am loving the GG books. They give me a totally different background then the show does(but yet it still follows pretty closely.) so its kinda cool. I am only on the 3rd but I have ordered some more so I can't wait to get through them. Do you watch the show? Confessions was great too although I hear they totally changed the movie which might make me really sad. Like its in NY not the UK and I think the luke brandon character is really more like her boss then in the book.

message 5: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) I watch the show and I find it COMPLETELY different from the books, LOL. Granted in the last year I think they have tried to follow some more of the plots in the books. I love them both for completely different reasons.

I thought the previews for the Confessions movie seemed very different. Though it doesn't surprise me that they would put it in NY (people would get the brands and stuff better), but it sucks though.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) YEAH THEY DID THE SAME WITH PS I LOVE I HEARD. I AM VERY BUMMED ABOUT THAT.

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 5. PLUM LUCKY

message 8: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 6.FEARLESS FOURTEEN

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 7. DOUBLE CROSS BY JAMES PATTERSON

AS ALWAYS AN AMAZING BOOK

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 8. CROSS COUNTRY BY JAMES PATTERSON.

SUCH A DIFFERENT STORY LINE FOR HIM. IN THE BEGINING I THOUGHT OH NO I AM GOING TO HATE THIS. AS NORMAL THOUGH PATTERSON DOES NOT FAIL. GREAT BOOK I AM SAD I FINISHED NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIM TO WRITE A NEW ONE. I GUESS IT WILL GIVE ME TIME TO CATCH UP WITH MY OTHER FAVS.

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 9. CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC TAKES MANHATTAN

ENDING WAS GREAT THE BEGINNING DRAGGED A BIT FOR ME.

message 12: by Diana (new)

Diana Gligor (DianaGligor) | 12 comments PS I Love You was a great book to read. I really enjoyed it. Much more than the movie. The only thing better in the film that in the book was Gerard Butler. :)

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Diana wrote: "PS I Love You was a great book to read. I really enjoyed it. Much more than the movie. The only thing better in the film that in the book was Gerard Butler. :)"

YES I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. NOT SURE I LOVED HILLARY SWANK AS HOLLY EITHER. I WAS PICTURING WHILE READING SOMEONE A LITTLE MORE DUMPY NO?

message 14: by Diana (new)

Diana Gligor (DianaGligor) | 12 comments Dawn wrote: "Diana wrote: "PS I Love You was a great book to read. I really enjoyed it. Much more than the movie. The only thing better in the film that in the book was Gerard Butler. :)"

YES I COULD NOT AGR..."

I don't know why I generally do not like Hillary Swank, I still can't get over her image as a boyish lesbian, and Holly, I agree, should haev been someone who felt more like a ...woman. :) And the entire visit in Ireland was very badly done in my opinion...But than again, Gerard makes up for the lost time watching the movie. :) He is much better than my imagination :)))

message 15: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Diana wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Diana wrote: "PS I Love You was a great book to read. I really enjoyed it. Much more than the movie. The only thing better in the film that in the book was Gerard Butler. :)"

YES I ..."

YES HE IS QUITE YUMMY. HAVE YOU TRIED ANY OF HER OTHER BOOKS?

message 16: by Diana (new)

Diana Gligor (DianaGligor) | 12 comments Dawn wrote: "Diana wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Diana wrote: "PS I Love You was a great book to read. I really enjoyed it. Much more than the movie. The only thing better in the film that in the book was Gerard Butler...."

I haven't managed to read any other of her books...Do you have any recomandations for some of her books?

message 17: by Jan (new)

Jan | 119 comments Hi Dawn and Diana -- I've read all but the latest of Cecilia's books and I particularly liked

If You Could See Me Now

It's quirky because there is an "imaginary friend woven in...but trust me, there will be times that you are really convinced Ivan is real...and I think it would have made a much better movie that PS because it had a cute kid in it, too....

Just my two cents!

message 18: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Jan wrote: "Hi Dawn and Diana -- I've read all but the latest of Cecilia's books and I particularly liked

If You Could See Me Now

It's quirky because there is an "imaginary friend woven in...but trust ..."

THANKS JAN IO WILL TRY IT. DIANA I HAVE NOT READ ANY OTHER OF HER BOOKS YET.

message 19: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 10. GLAMOUR BY LOUISE BAGSHAWE

VERY GOOD.

message 20: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments yeah for ten!

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Mary Todd wrote: "yeah for ten!"

Thanks Mary. It took me so long to get here but now I feel like I am going speed read.

message 22: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 11. THE TRUTH ABOUT DIAMONDS by NICOLE RICHIE

JUST OK FOR ME.

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 12. SOMETHING BORROWED by EMILY GIFFIN

SO GOOD DON'T KNOW WHY I WAITED SO LONG TO READ THIS. STARTING SOMETHING BLUE TONIGHT.

message 24: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 13. SOMETHING BLUE by EMILY GIFFIN

EVEN BETTER THAN BORROWED ATLEAST THIS HAS AN ENDING.

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 14. Rosie Dunne

I absolutely loved everyhing about this book. Cecelia Ahern is def one of my new Favorites Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

message 26: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 15. MY SISTERS KEEPER My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

message 27: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 16. HOLLY'S INBOXHolly's Inbox

message 28: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 17. PLUM SPOOKYPlum Spooky

LOOKS LIKE I AM NOT GONNA FINISH THE 50 THIS YEAR. I WILL STRIVE FOR NEXT YEAR. LIFE HAS GOTTEN AWAY FROM ME A LITTLE.

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) 18. NEW MOON