Team Edward discussion

Robert Pattinson as Edward

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 61 comments Mod
How does everyone feel about Rob playing Edward in the Twilight movie? I for one am very excited.

message 2: by Karalee (new)

Karalee (karaleeksmith) I don't know...I was hoping there would be someone cuter. I guess he's KIND OF cute...but I was expecting someone with more muscle but not to much. He kind of ruins my mental picture of Edward Cullen

message 3: by Kristina (new)

Personally, I couldn't be more excited. I recieved pictures from a friend who works at Summit, and Robert looks great, they dyed his hair and he's certainly matured in his looks since playing lovable Cedric Diggory. (Though I couldn't get enough of him even then) I can't wait to see him in this role. For me it is so strange that Edward will actually be a tangiable person... with a voice, an image, aside from just being dreamed up in my head.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

message 4: by Karalee (new)

Karalee (karaleeksmith) thats really....idk maybe i will search him...i really think they could do better though...

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 1 comments Oooo...can you post thsoe pics you received? Would be fun to see. :)

message 6: by Kristina (new)

I'm not really sure how to. If someone figures it out let me know.

message 7: by Maddie (new)

Maddie I think he's perfect! He's exactly what i pictured when i read the books! Does anyone know when the movie's coming out??? I'm dying 2 see it!

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Hmm..I think he will make a very good Edward, but still when I pictured Edward in my head, he was much to perfect. I don't think any actor in the world could be as perfect as I thought of him. But I think Robert Pattinson is a really good choice!

message 9: by Kristina (new)

The movie is supposed to come out December 12th, but since the movie has just begun filming, the date is subject to change, give or take a few weeks.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 9 comments I can't wait to see the movie! Robert Pattinson is so gorgeous and I think he is PERFECT for the role. I've been in love with Edward Cullen ever since I read Twilight and have been obsessed with the story and can't stop thinking about it.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I dont think he is attractive, so I am not entirely sold on the casting. I hope the acting makes up for it.

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (SunbirdNimbus) Rob is as close to Edward as anyone's going to get. No one's perfect and Robert is GORGEOUS! :D

I can't WAIT for the movie to come out! :D

message 13: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (SunbirdNimbus) Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Everyone sees Edward differently. He's not how I saw Edward, but he's a great actor along with Kristen. Plus, they make a cute couple. :D

message 14: by Kristina (new)

There an AMAZING exclusive screen shot in this week's entertainment weekly from the set of the movie. You can see it on Hisgoldeneyes.com and Stephenie Meyer also posted a picture of Cam as James on her website.

message 15: by Rena (new)

Rena (allthingsrena) I was skeptical at first, but I've kind of grow to like Robert as Edward. I found this awesome pic of him and Kristen that changed my mind.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u1...

message 16: by Kristina (new)

The Twilight Lexicon actually has VIDEO of the car crash scene being filmed,as well as some still shots. It looks awsome. Check it out.

message 17: by HeY iT's LuCy (new)

HeY iT's LuCy | 2 comments i dont like him

message 18: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 2 comments to message 16: how do i see this video? i cant find it.

message 19: by Bakeshow (new)

Bakeshow (bakeshow77) See my comment under the "which actor would you choose" discussion.

message 20: by Schmitty (new)

Schmitty (tastygreenjelly) yeah me to i cant wait.......

message 21: by Krystle (new)

Krystle (krystlewa) | 2 comments when i first saw Robert being the one to play as Edward, I actually pictured someone different and more cuter. And I think that Tom Sturridge would be perfect to play Edward. He is so cute. But Robert is good enough for me...but still.

message 22: by Valeria (new)

Valeria | 4 comments He's incredible. Did you all see him in the teaser trailer??

message 23: by Donye (new)

Donye | 1 comments i like the person dey chose 1st be4 him but he's ok i guess but i love the trailer it;'s soooooo awesome i can't wait till the movis kome's out!

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments He's okay. Not what I thought Edward would look like. And as I've said, it seems like he should be older, but he's supposed to be young so it works. My only concern is that if they do sequels he will look too old if they wait too long. And getting someone else to play him would be even worse than an older Edward.

message 25: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) omg... robert is so cute!
although i always imagined edward with more muscle. and hotness.

message 26: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Hated it. But I guess I'll have to see his performance. He's cute but he's not hot enough to me. I like the other Harry Potter teen we got, the one that played Tom Riddle. He's Edward (sort-of) to me.

Pics of him: http://www.vangor.de/hogwarts/riddlet..., http://www.hogwartsfansite.co.uk/tomr...

He would have worked better for me but alas, I'll take Diggory if I must.

message 27: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) hav 2 agree.

message 28: by A_luvskittles (new)

A_luvskittles | 3 comments WAY TALK ABOUT PERFECT!!!!!!!!

message 29: by Kristina (new)

I would appreciate if everyone kept their comments positive. If you have other suggestions post them on the "What actor would you select" topic, but do not put Robert down. If you would like to do that, find another forum, because this is not the one for you.

message 30: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (Irajnug) sorry. won't happen again.

message 31: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (Hilary_Cullen) | 2 comments I ♥ ROBERT PATTINSON!!!

message 32: by Avablue14 (new)

Avablue14 | 9 comments To Kristina, what movie was "Cedric Diggory" in? I'm not familiar with that. My apoligies for the ignorance...busy single mom here...no excuse, but its all I got! I think Robert Pattinson will be perfect, at least from the trailers on You Tube I've seen..he's got me hooked, is all I can say.

message 33: by Rachel (last edited May 29, 2008 05:11PM) (new)

Rachel (xotoday4u) | 1 comments edward is supposed to be unblievably drop dead GORGEOUS......and robert pattison is.....not exactly what i would call gorgeous...or even close. or at least in my opinion he isn't. I have watched the trailer a million times, and other vids on stephenies website and hes an amazing actor, i just don't think he looks AT ALL how edward is supposed to look.

message 34: by Kristina (new)

Ava-

Cedric Diggory is part of the Harry Potter Book Series, and Robert portrayed him in Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire. : )

~Kristina

message 35: by Kristina (new)

Unfortunatly ladies,(and gentlemen?) we have to remember that Edward is a FICTIONAL character. No real man could measure up to where we put Edward in our minds.

message 36: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I don't think that Robert is the right person to play Edward. Not at all.

message 37: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Eew. Definitely.

message 38: by ♥*Suzie*♥ (last edited Jun 12, 2008 08:41PM) (new)

♥*Suzie*♥ I agree with Shannon..he not what you would pic Edward like...but Kristen and him does make a good couple. i guess we just have to wait and see how the movie is.
I just wanted to make something clear he is not HOT at all. He shouldn't be playing Edward..but i guess there nothing I can do about it.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

im excited! i think hes super hot! so hot that i wanna banag him! (excuse me....sorry) but hes really hot! im in love with him :) *sigh*

message 40: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Ahluwalia | 15 comments I don't really know about robbert playing edward. he doesn't seem the right guy for edward's character...i dont know...I saw the trailer for the movie and he looked kinda freaky (not in a good way like he's supposed to).

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont think that Robert Pattinson looks like my picture of Edward.... he looks to scary and as my aunt says "he just doesnt look freakishly hot" so i dont think hes the right actor....

message 42: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Ahluwalia | 15 comments i totaly agree with you, Rachel. not the right guy for Edward at all...still i can't wait to see the movie in December

message 43: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1 comments he ruins my mental image of edward

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

totally

message 45: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Ahluwalia | 15 comments he ruins it for me too...but i don't think theres anyone else who i would have been happy to see play edward.

message 46: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Ahluwalia | 15 comments i mean he's hot but not edward hot

message 47: by Kristina (new)

We all have different pictures of Edward in our head. They could have resurrected a Greek God and some still wouldn't have been satisfied. I think everyone should try focusing on the positives, like Robert's talent for acting, instead of just flat out saying, "I hate him." You can still picture Edward how you want, an actor doesn't change your imagination.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

im not saying i hate him, but i dont think hes the right actor. by a long shot. but of course they didnt have a selection of all of the actors in the world. they had to audition..... so Robert might have been the best out of the people who auditioned.

message 49: by Kristina (new)

I'm not talking to you specifically. I'm just saying in general. There are alot of great things about Robert, and I think people should try and look at those things instead. Think about how he must feel, Seeing all these people pointing out the negative instead of encouraging. Put yourself in his shoes, and it'll be harder to critique with no postive comments at all.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Lets Start A List of Robert's Good Qualities

Ill start

Hes a good actor!

« previous 1 3