LGBTQA Group Books discussion

Suggestions to Appear in Polls > February 2009 Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Troy (new)

Troy | 73 comments Mod
It seems we're off to a later start than last month, but that's just fine considering we have a whole month to read. Post your choices, and remember not to "second" anyone else.

message 2: by Collin (new)

Collin Kelley | 1 comments "Written on the Body" by Jeanette Winterson. It's a small, beautifully written novel about love and desire. The writing is pure poetry, but never flowery.

message 3: by Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (last edited Jan 28, 2009 02:51PM) (new)

Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (bookaholic203) My suggestion

1. The Back Passage by James Lear

message 4: by Troy (last edited Jan 27, 2009 09:36PM) (new)

Troy | 73 comments Mod
Hey all. Please remember that each person is allowed only ONE choice each month. This is spelled out under the "Rules and Processes" topic on our homepage. Rob, I'll assume yours is the first one you posted, and I'll do the same for Joseph unless you want to specify something else.

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob (rob_kvidt) | 15 comments Sorry for the violation of the rules. It looks like I need to read them again. I'll delete my book suggestions for now as I'm not sure which of the two to recommend.

message 6: by Ted (last edited Jan 29, 2009 12:37PM) (new)

Ted (efcorson) The Brothers Bishop by Bart Yates.

This novel tackles some really senistive issues like incest, older with younger, child abuse, and suicide. Sounds pretty gripping. Check out the reviews at The Brothers Bishop.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  Waiting for the Call From Preacher's Daughter to Lesbian Mom

I think this would be nice, or some other book about women, since our last two focused on men.