The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New and lonely only one friend so far on GR

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) I joined a couple of months ago and have been a sporadic observer but now I am logging on daily and ready to join in commentary, discusions, polls, etc.

Wishing all a wonderful day and joyful reading!

message 3: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thanks Jamie!

message 4: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi, Welcome and Happy reading!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Welcome Colleen!

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Welcome!

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thank you Hayes, Laura, and Leah!

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments I'm trying to do the same thing.. become really involved in the group.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Hi Colleen, welcome to the group!

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1626 comments I'll b ur friend!!!!

message 11: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Hi Coleen, don't be lonely! It isn't about how many friends you ahve on your list but about the conversations, the talking about books...just have fun!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome! :-)

message 13: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10022 comments Mod
Hi Colleen, welcome to the group! How can you stand logging off? I cant bear to be away from this site for more than an hour or two.... I start to jones for it.... Its like a drug, only without the nasty side effects!

message 14: by DevonAlyse (new)

DevonAlyse | 75 comments Ummm...I should probably be working right now, but you know if they provide internet, i'm going to use. Therefore, I've been on here pretty much all day, except for the hour I had for lunch...dang food.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Colleen!

message 16: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thanks for the welcomes Jackie, Roisu, Heather, Lori, and Jessica!

Donna, thanks for being my second friend! I joined at the same time as a girl I know IRL and she has 48 friends already but I had just her... till now. :D

Jeane and Fiona, I know but I thought I would introduce myself all the same. I have been grabbing onto a thread here and there. :)

Lori I have been obsessed with books long as I can remember, it is nice to be in the company of fellow book nerds. No local book clubs or culture of any kind so before GR I had no one to talk to when I finished a book and wanted to discuss.

DevonAlyse, it's their fault for giving you internet access, at least you are putting it to good use! If they didn't want people to surf the web a bit @ work they would have max restrictions barring anything not work related. Besides everyone needs a break once in a while.

message 17: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Colleen...Welcome to the group :~)

message 18: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thanks Lisa!

message 19: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 253 comments Hi Colleen! If you are at all like me, you are finding so many great recommendations here.

message 20: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Hi Cindy, yes I have picked up some good recomendations. I am excited to be in a book club!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the Group Collen! :)

message 22: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thank you Emilee!

message 23: by Colleen (last edited Jan 29, 2009 07:07PM) (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thanks Bambi, so making friends is like speed dating? Or speed friending LOL I coined the term just now!

I am playing the "recomend a book chain" game and have been introduced to two new books so far. I have been jumping in to discussions here and there and look forward to doing the winter challenge as well!

P.S.-you guys are very friendly compared to a couple other groups I have tried :D

message 24: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) That's right, and everyone knows a friend will always stick around longer than a date!

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 69 comments Sadly, I haven't been on GR for a couple days and already felt like I've missed a ton with TNBBC! And, that's with only being on GR for a few months. It won't take you long Colleen! So, welcome and enjoy!

message 26: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) You'll catch up no worries, thanks for the kind words and welcome to the group Lisa!

message 27: by Anita (new)

Anita (tigergirl) | 45 comments Welcome Collen :O)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, I've been on GR since Jan. stil no friends yet : (

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan Lyons | 36 comments Welcome! So what are some of your favourite books?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Colleen!

message 31: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Thanks Anita, Brenda Sue, Megan, and Roisu!!!

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) welcome! what kind of books do you like to read?

message 33: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Allison wrote: "welcome! what kind of books do you like to read?"

I am into pretty much anything but sci-fi, fantasy, and romance how about you?

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) eh, I'll read anything. I do admit to enjoying fantasy and romance though...but historical mysteries and the like are my favorite.

message 35: by Sara ♥ (last edited Feb 13, 2009 01:02PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) Colleen wrote: "I am into pretty much anything but sci-fi, fantasy, and romance how about you?"

Welcome! I'm a sci-fi and romance fan, too. The fantasy... if I'm in the mood. I'm a big YA person, too. Love the stuff.

message 36: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Sara wrote: "Colleen wrote: "I am into pretty much anything but sci-fi, fantasy, and romance how about you?"

Welcome! I'm a sci-fi and romance fan, too. The fantasy... if I'm in the mood. I'm a big YA per..."

No...no... silly goose I like everything *but* sci-fi, fantasy and romance; not a huge YA fan either. Though the important thing is to love books right?

message 37: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Allison wrote: "eh, I'll read anything. I do admit to enjoying fantasy and romance though...but historical mysteries and the like are my favorite.
"

Historical mysteries are fun, way better than struggling through monstrous textbooks.

message 38: by Sara ♥ (last edited Feb 13, 2009 02:06PM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) Colleen wrote: "Historical mysteries are fun, way better than struggling through monstrous textbooks."

I definitely agree, although I'd argue that there isn't a lot that's NOT better than textbooks. Most of them are really terrible! (I think there's an awfulness quota they have to meet in order to be classified as a textbook.)

message 39: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) LOL true that Sara!

message 40: by Kittiya (new)

Kittiya | 12 comments Hi Colleen! I'll be your friend. I'm still a bit sporadic myself on here. But I'm trying to change that.

message 41: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (Ladybatez) | 30 comments i will too!

message 42: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Sure thing Kittiya and Sandy, the more the merrier!