Building a SciFi/Fantasy Library discussion

An undertaking...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner  | 38 comments Ok, So I read allot, mainly because my job calls for allot of time doing nothing followed by brief moments of WTF!, so a week ago, I started the "Crown of stars" series, I'm threw the first three books (good series, and only 4 700+ paged books to go. woo hoo) So when I come back to work in 2 weeks I am going to bring the remaining 4 Crown of Stars books, and the first 3 of Reality of dysfunction. I am hoping to finish them all on my next 3 week hitch. Just a bit of an undertaking. Does anyone else go on book binges?>

message 2: by Travis (new)

Travis | 6 comments Yes, I usually go on a binge every 4th month or so. I'll do nothing but read in my spare time. The other months are usually allocated reading right before sleep

This month has been a binge month for me. I've read 7 books and I'm plowing through Pandora's Star (almost done) and have Judas Unchained sitting on the shelf waiting. This 2 book series is EPIC!!

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 12 comments Every now and then I'll either be in a terrible, rotten mood and want nothing more than to settle down with a handful of books (5-7) and do nothing but hide in my room and read.

The other binging is when a series has come out with a new book -- like the R.R. Martin books -- where I simply have to go back to the beginning because it's been so long, and re-read them from the very first book.

Depending on the series, that can last me a weekend, a week, or a month of doing nothing but stealing moments to read.

And, of course, I'm one of those people who just can't wait to read new books, so when I happen across a bookstore, or a garage sale where I pick up more than two or three books ... that's it for me. I'm off and reading and there's nothing anyone can do about it.