75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Completed) > Lynne in Dorset - books already read 2009

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Jan 28, 2009 10:38AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) So far I have read

1. The Wide Sargassa Sea by Jean Rhys
2. Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women
3. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
4. The Gospel of the Second Coming by Freke & Gundy
5. Fish Out of Water by MaryJanice Davidson
6. Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 7. Dissolution by CJ Sansom

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 8. Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts

message 4: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Feb 06, 2009 07:31AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 9. Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts

message 5: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Feb 06, 2009 07:37AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 10. Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

Read this yesterday for a fellow book lover to see what it was like for them! They are off shopping today to get a copy!

Loved this romantic story....

message 6: by Karol (new)

Karol Lynne, I've never read anything by Nicolas Sparks or Nora Roberts but I'm interested. Do you have a suggestion for a book to start with for each author? Is Sparks primarily a romance author?

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I started with A walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks and enjoyed that. I have since get his others. As they aren't a series you can start with any.

I have only read The Circle series by Nora Roberts but will look at reading some of her other work too.
I just finished the last one a few minutes ago!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 11. Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts

Great series of books, magic, vampires and hunters, a witch and sourcers, and romance....great reads!

message 9: by Randy (new)

Randy (rpetrick333) Thanks for the comments on Nights in Rodanthe. I've read some others of Sparks and had wondered about this one. I'll add it to my "to-read" list!!

message 10: by Ms. Vicki (new)

Ms. Vicki Smith I've read "Three Sisters Island Trilogy" by Nora Roberts and really liked it. Book one is Dance Upon the Air. Never read a Sparks book, may have to try one.

message 11: by Merri (new)

Merri I have read most of Nora Roberts trilogies- I like them but I prefer her novels

Didn't Sparks write The Notebook- i remember crying uncontrollably while I read it- I never get that emotional from a book- my girls actually came to my room to see if i was OK!

message 12: by Dawn Michelle (new)

Dawn Michelle | 2727 comments He did write The Notebook. WHICH is an awesome book. There is a sequel to that...The Wedding. Which is VERY good. I liked ALL of his except Message in a Bottle. I don't know why. Weird huh?

Three Sisters Island is a GREAT trilogy as is the one set in Ireland. That has got to be one of my favorite of her's. The Blue Dahlia, Red Lily, Black Rose (I think the last one is called that) is good as well. A little creepy, but good.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Thanks for the Nora Roberts recomendations everyone! I shall look out for them in the library!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 12. Folly by Alan Titchmarsh

Just like his other novels this was a great read!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 13. The Reader by Bernard Schlink

Downloaded unabridged version from audible.co.uk. Listened to it and followed it from my copy in between listening

Brilliant!

message 16: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:47AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 14. The Hobbit - audio unabridged
15. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - audio unabridged
16. Diva's Don't Knit by Gil McNeil - never laughed so much reading this!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 17. Could it be Forever by David Cassidy
18. Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austin - Audio unabridged version

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 19. Marked by PC & Kirsten Cast

So good I got the next one today to read

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 20. Needles and Pearls by Gil McNeil
21. Jane Eyre - unabridged audio

message 20: by Karol (new)

Karol Lynne, "Could It Be Forever" is on my own "To Read" list. Would you recommend it?

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Kay wrote: "Lynne, "Could It Be Forever" is on my own "To Read" list. Would you recommend it?"

Its ok but I found it hard to keep reading it for long periods. As a David Cassidy fan in the 70's - never got to see him though I thought it would be better than it was.

Mind you if we all liked the same things it would be boring wouldn't it!

message 22: by Karol (new)

Karol Lynne, yep! Variety is the spice of life! (Please forgive the cliche, I couldn't resist).

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 22. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - unabridged Audio version

I love this and Jane Eyre and often listen to them as a sleep aide when doing my night shifts!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 23. Fallen Angels by Bernard Cornwall

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 24. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 25. In Coldest Blood by Jim Kelly

This was a new author for me but I liked it and will now read him again.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 26. West End Girls by Jenny Cogen - Audio book

This again was a new author for me.

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessdowell) Lynne wrote: "So far I have read

4. The Gospel of the Second Coming by Freke ..."

I am looking forward to reading Enchanted: Erotic Bedtime Stories for Women. I typically shy away from books like that, but I looked the book up on goodreads.com and read the description & I think it will be an interesting read. Did you like it?

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Jess wrote: "Lynne wrote: "So far I have read

4. The Gospel of the Second Co..."

Yes Enchanted is a great read. I really liked it and will read it again before long. Enjoy!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 27. Just After sunset by Stephen King - Unabridged Audio version.

I enjoy listening to S K and the other guys he gets to read his material

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 28. Lady Chatterley's Lover by D H Lawrence
29. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
30. The Curious case of Benjiman Button
31. Agatha Raisen and the Love from Hell

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 32. Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
33. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
34. Wizards First Rule by Terry Godkind

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 35. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
36. Penthouse - Bedtime stories for Women

message 34: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Jun 15, 2009 04:14AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 37. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
38. The Secret

message 35: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Jul 06, 2009 03:40AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 39. The City of Thieves by David Benioff
40. Gigolo by Golden
41. All these Lonely People by Gervase Phinn

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 42. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

Was persuaded to finish the series by my son's fiance who is a fan, what can I say I was so hoping someone was going to be staked! Lol! Sorry Twilight fans but this really was so awful, and I know I am not a teen but I find a lot of the teen books great reads - normally!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 43. The Bronte Project by Jennifer Vandever

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 44. Girl Meet Ape by Chris Manby

Not read this author before but really enjoyed the book will definitely look for more of her books to read in the future

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 45. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
46. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
47 The Ladies Delight by anon

These were downloaded onto my Sony Reader from manybooks.net

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 48. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 49. 39 Steps by John Buchan

Loved this book very much!

message 42: by Karol (new)

Karol Lynne, I read "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" a few years ago - took me forever to get through it. . .

As for "39 Steps", I've added it to my ever-growing "To Read" list!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Hi Kay
It took me ages to get through too, I read it between others as it is on my Sony Reader, I downloaded 39 steps to the reader from manybooks.net and only took a few hours to read. I loved it!

message 44: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Jul 25, 2009 12:50PM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 50. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - audio CD
51 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - audio CD

message 45: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Jul 29, 2009 12:09AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 52. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkanban - audio CD
53 House of the Vampire by George Sylvester viereck - ebook

message 46: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1788 comments Lynne wrote: "52. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkanban - audio CD
53 House of the Vampire by George Sylvester viereck - ebook "

I adore the Potter audiobooks (I'm almost done with Half-Blood Prince for the umpteenth time). Jim Dale does an excellent job.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) Mine are Stephen Fry reading all mine he is good too!

message 48: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1788 comments Stephen fry? Oh, I'd like to hear those... I love him too :)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 54. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott

message 50: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Aug 05, 2009 09:57AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) 55. Luna by Julie Anne Peters

« previous 1