College Students! discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily What are your favorite YA/Adult time travel books??

message 2: by Annette (new)

Annette | 39 comments The Time Traveler's Wife is my favorite by far. I had a little trouble getting into it at first but by the end it was one of my favorites.

message 3: by Leila (new)

Leila (softlyblush) | 31 comments I think the only one I have read is The Time Traveler's wife. I loved it! :) It was absolutely stunning and wonderful.

message 4: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I can't say I've read any..but I do have The Time Traveler's Wife on my list.

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Me too. The Time Traveler's wife. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I don't know that I've read many time travel books, but I remember liking one when I was a kid called Out of Time.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments I've got Time Traveler's Wife too.. but have yet to read it. I've also got a few of the Outlander series books to read too. I heard they were really good.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Aww I was hoping for some more variety! unfortunately I haven't read too many adult time travel books either..but there are so many good kids ones! Three Lives to Live A Novel,The People in Pineapple Place,Half Magic, A Wrinkle in Time, i could goon forever....anyway, back to adult books, I do like Timeline and The Time Traveler's Wife I think i may start on the Eyre Affair, thanks for the suggestion Ashley.

Any good time traveling books you read or hear of send my way!

message 8: by Kelsey (last edited Jan 30, 2009 04:17PM) (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Speaking of Outlander, I totally met the author Diana Gabaldon today at work. How cool is that?

message 9: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

maybe this will give you some suggestions Emily

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/21...

Kelsey..that's pretty awesome! I feel like you always meet interesting people!

message 10: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments I like meeting authors, because it's always a surprise. You don't really know what a lot of them look like, so when they show up, it's like "Wow! Really? I love you!" Haha.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2140 comments Oh I love Time Travel books, has anyone read "Timeline"? An amazing book, the movie not so much.

I like meeting authors too, where I work at a bookstore I get to meet a lot of them. Last year I organized a group author signing at my store, we had eight authors there at the same time, it was great!

message 12: by Nools (last edited Feb 01, 2009 08:02PM) (new)

Nools | 145 comments Not strictly "YA" but young adults can definitely handle (and enjoy!) these:

1. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Douglas Adams) -- but really, the entire Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
2. Speaker for the Dead (Orson Scott Card) -- the rest of the Ender's Saga is pretty good, too.

Ummm.. this is a Japanese animated film and not a novel (though it's based on a Japanese novella!), but: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. If time travel and YA is your thing, you'll DEFINITELY like it.

message 13: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

I recently read The Mirror and that had to do with time travel. I thought it was pretty good actually.

message 14: by Drew (new)

Drew Hamilton (DrewHamilton) Guess I'll jump on board. The Time Traveler's Wife was just beyond fantastic. I read FlashForward but it was iffy.

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments The only two time travel books I can think of right now are: The Time Traveler's Wife and the Doomsday Book.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, the Rosie books ny Ann Carroll! I used to love them as a kid. The first one is called Rosie's Quest. It's brilliant!

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (ReadingWhileFemale) | 487 comments Oh man, I remember loving A Wrinkle in Time when I was a kid. I must have read it/listened to it a thousand times, and then all the sequels too! That's probably my favorite time travel book.