What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > YA, girl's mother is a kind of wacko alternative women and she is trying to build a stonehenge like structure, or preserve it, something like that. I feel like she has some kind of pagan or new age religion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 55 comments I have this teenie tiny bit of a story

This girl's mother is a kind of wacko alternative women and she is trying to build a stonehenge like structure, or preserve it, something like that. I feel like she has some kind of pagan or new age religion. and the girl is embarrassed of her mom, i feel like they are new in town. And the girl meets this boy who lives there and is embarrassed because of her mom

I think its a YA book and probably written in the '80s or '90s

message 2: by Mir (new)

Mir | 702 comments Does it turn out that her mom was from there originally and is bringing her back to her family for slightly sinister/supernatural reasons?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 55 comments haha nope. It wasn't a dark/sinister book at all. I think a lot of it focused on the teenagers' relationship with each other. It was a sort of does he like me/ do i like him? sort of deal and I'm pretty sure they got together in the end. but she was just really embarrassed because he mom was so weird. I feel like they moved to that town because her mom wanted to see/worship the stonehenge there. She might have been recently divorced. The dad was out of the picture and there was no other siblings.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Emily, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Emily, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.