Midnight Sun [2008 Draft] Midnight Sun [2008 Draft] discussion

Midnight Sun

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camille (new)

Camille Come on everybody wants to know about Rensmee and Jacob!

Jenn what? that has nothing to do with midnight sun!

@_@

message 3: by Tami (new)

Tami I read the first 12 chapters she has posted on her web page, and it looks like Midnight Sun is only going to run through the first book.

But yes, I would like to have another book, but I would like one regarding Alice much more than Jacob and Renesme.

Jenn i wouldnt want a book on jacob/renesmee, or alice, personally i would like it if she just re wrote all the books from edwards point of view.

@_@

message 5: by Lori Ann (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lori Ann i agree, i would love to read all of the books from edward's POV (point of view) especially new moon since whole months of him missing from the book.

Jenn ya thats the one i really want to hear!

@_@

message 7: by Riley (new)

Riley I know! Him missing from the book was sad! I was horrified when he left! I know he said what he did, but I would like the description of his POV.

message 8: by Camille (new)

Camille Jenn wrote: "what? that has nothing to do with midnight sun!

@_@"

does too! that's where she left it last time!

message 9: by Camille (new)

Camille Jenn wrote: "i wouldnt want a book on jacob/renesmee, or alice, personally i would like it if she just re wrote all the books from edwards point of view.

@_@"

I agree except I want to hear about Renesmee and Alice!
Alice is so cool! Way better then Edward! I mean all it really is ooohhhhh Edward you are my life and You are mine too Bella dear so don't hang out with Jake! I mean I don't like Jake but that gets annoying!

message 10: by Camille (last edited Jan 28, 2009 03:54PM) (new)

Camille Camille wrote: "Jenn wrote: "what? that has nothing to do with midnight sun!

@_@"

does too! that's where she left it last time!"

Actually I don't spend all my time on the computer reading her books!

message 11: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Camille wrote: "Jenn wrote: "what? that has nothing to do with midnight sun!

@_@"

what r u talking about? u said midnight sun is about renesmee/jake, but its about twilight from edwards POV. how r they the same thing???

@_@

message 12: by Alisa (new) - added it

Alisa You know what? I havn't read "M.S" yet, but what i was told was that, it is just "Twilight" in Edwards PERSPECTIVE.Thats it. And do you know what other peole are telling me? People are saying that Stephenie Meyer is going to kill Edward in the end. OMG i would really hate. Wouldn't you?.

message 13: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn shes not killing edward, she said that she was so upset about someone leaking it that if she wroted it right now, james would win at the end cuz shes so mad.

@_@

message 14: by Riley (new)

Riley Why? I don't want Edward to die! Even if she is mad, she shouldn't take it out on the characters! That would be so mean!

message 15: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn shes not! she just said if she wrote it right then when it was leaked it would be like not! not that she is! god ur an idiot....

@_@

Charlotte (Buried in Books) Some people seem to be getting rather confused.

Midnight Sun is Twilight from Edwards point of view, she stopped writing it when it leaked and made a comment that if she finished it now everyone would die (because of her frame of mind), the comment was taken completely out of context - who knows if she'll ever finish it. I hope she does - I miss Edward.

Her web site has some some good 'outtakes' from most of the books, including the moment Edward believes Bella is dead in New Moon (from his POV).

message 17: by Tim (new) - added it

Tim Lori wrote: "i agree, i would love to read all of the books from edward's POV (point of view) especially new moon since whole months of him missing from the book."
Ya i would love to read Edwards POV. I didn't like it when he was taken out of the book for a couple of months. Edward is so cool. Bella is too.

message 18: by Camille (new)

Camille Edward is cool in all but SOMEBODY IMPORTANT HAS TO DIE!not alice thorough!

message 19: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn ha! keep dreamin, someone important doesnt have to die according to stephenie meyer.

@_@

message 20: by Amber (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:21AM) (new)

Amber June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

this was on stephenie meyers website,
in the midnight sun section..

so....
she is planning on finishing it ! :D

message 21: by Ceci (new)

Ceci Haha that's dope then I'm glad she's gonna finish it!!
Can't wait !! Heeehe!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenn wrote: "i wouldnt want a book on jacob/renesmee, or alice, personally i would like it if she just re wrote all the books from edwards point of view.

@_@"

I would prefer that too!

Charlotte (Buried in Books) Lady Alice, that comment is over 2 years old. Since then the unedited start of the book was leaked online and Stephenie actually put it on her website. She may never finish it now because it was leaked.

Personally I hope she does, because the unedited version was great.

message 24: by Rachael (new) - added it

Rachael I would like to have all the book rewritten in Edward's point of view.

The books are about Edward and Bella's relationships not Alice's, Renesmee's, etc. Even if they did a branched off series...

I could live without knowing the rest of Alice's story.

I don't want to read about Jake and Renesmee. We all know the end result. Seems pointless.

Bianca Rachael wrote: "I would like to have all the book rewritten in Edward's point of view.

The books are about Edward and Bella's relationships not Alice's, Renesmee's, etc. Even if they did a branched off series......"

lol i could live without alice's too. i really want to know what edward did that entire time while he was gone though =(. it was so depressing.

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily I wish it would be about that, but it's not.
It's simply Twilight from Edward's point of view.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Evangeline wrote: "I wish it would be about that, but it's not.
It's simply Twilight from Edward's point of view."

Wow Evangeline,

What a gorgeous avatar! I just finished Bedazzled which helped me to understand Stephenie Meyer better and some things about her books. Per this book she has promised her mermaids and many other things as soon as she gets some time to write.
As soon as I finished it I read The Second Short Life again for my Twilight fix.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) wrote: "Lady Alice, that comment is over 2 years old. Since then the unedited start of the book was leaked online and Stephenie actually put it on her website. She may never finish it now because it was l..."

I did read it online which is the only thing I have managed so far. Bedazzled helped to satisfy some of my longings for more Twilight. I was glad I didn't notice the date as it perked me up a little just to think about it and hope.

Bedazzled: Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight Phenomenon

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Sometimes I think it might be a good idea to delete really old comments for people like me who don't notice that it was years ago that it was made. Other times goodreads simply won't get me to the latest comment even tho I click repeatedly on newest.

message 30: by Emily (new)

Emily Alice wrote: "Evangeline wrote: "I wish it would be about that, but it's not.
It's simply Twilight from Edward's point of view."

Wow Evangeline,

What a gorgeous avatar! I just finished Bedazzled which helped ..."

Oh why thank you :D I'm quite a fan of nature pictures, I read the Short Second Life a while after the series to get my fix, too.

Kimberly Jenn wrote: "i wouldnt want a book on jacob/renesmee, or alice, personally i would like it if she just re wrote all the books from edwards point of view.

@_@"

I'd really like that. It would give you both sides of the story and let you tie it all together.

message 32: by Tiff (last edited Dec 12, 2011 09:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiff Wow. Just wow. You don't have to sit on the computer all day and read her books to just read what the book is about! It's TWILIGHT! Just FROM EDWARDS P.O.V. instead of Bella's. Not a story about Renesmee and Jacob. And, how in the world do you get that she is going to kill Edward in the end? That is impossible considering that there are books after Twilight. I'm not saying any of this to sound mean. Just saying that a look at the books description can do wonders.

Kimberly Tiff wrote: "Wow. Just wow. You don't have to sit on the computer all day and read her books to just read what the book is about! It's TWILIGHT! Just FROM EDWARDS P.O.V. instead of Bella's. Not a story about Re..."
Exactly. Geez she makes one comment about being mad and everyone thinks she's gonna off Edward. Not happening. I do want her to redo all the books in his POV though. It would be an interesting comparison

Vampsessed Midnight Sun was 100 times better than Twilight, she seriously should've written all the books from his POV!

Kimberly Tatiana wrote: "Midnight Sun was 100 times better than Twilight, she seriously should've written all the books from his POV!"
I agree. It's a lot more emotional and it really draws the reader in.

Vampsessed Kimberly wrote: "Tatiana wrote: "Midnight Sun was 100 times better than Twilight, she seriously should've written all the books from his POV!"
I agree. It's a lot more emotional and it really draws the reader in."

More interesting too....the scene when she walks into the classroom for the first time from his POV was awesome!

message 37: by Lauryn (new) - added it

Lauryn this si off topic but there is a book that is fan fiction that you can get on the i tunes store that is from reneesmes point of view!!!

Ayeiska Camille wrote: "Jenn wrote: "what? that has nothing to do with midnight sun!

@_@"

You know midnight sun is just the first book Twilight in Edwards POV. Right?