Young Adult Fiction Addiction discussion

Group Discussion > Vampires!!!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlizechat (new)

Charlizechat | 10 comments Okay, let's say leaving "Twilight" aside, what do you think is the best of the current glut of YA vampire titles?

Feel free to pitch for Twilight too; I'm just anticipating looking at something BESIDES Twilight!

message 2: by Alisa (new)

Alisa I have to chime in with The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause. Also, Thicker than Water by Carla Jablonski is a creative twist on an old story.

And if you're interested in something less fangy but definitely bloody, you could check out The Blood Confession...but you're getting this recommendation from the author, so take it for what it's worth:)

I'll keep thinking of other titles!

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley (b0pp) My all time favorite is A Night Inside by Nancy Baker. It was reprinted as... Kiss of the Vampire, and it has a sequel, Blood and Chrysanthemums, which I also recommend.

Oh and books 1 - 10 of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton. After book 10 it gets kinda bleh. But up until then, it's great!

message 4: by Charlizechat (new)

Charlizechat | 10 comments Excellent! I'll keep an eye out for these.

. . . Well then, anyone want to say something appalingly negative about Twilight, or gushingly glowing?!?