harry potter haters discussion

Whatever

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan  | 31 comments Whatever you guys have your opion and we have ours. And you don't agree with yours but whatever.

I am tired of trying to explain to you meat heads who don't get it. but some people know not to judge a book by what people say, or just because you have something about a evil spirit coming after you if you read these books, Or if you are afraid to read these books because you don't have a good enough imagination to understand these wonder books of art.

Whatever..... Right now I am just tired of this fighting......but you know whatever. I feel bad for you "haters" right now.

message 2: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) *thinks* Okay, first: I'm apologizing up front if this comes across as mean or anything. Not been having a good week. I kinda agree with you, kinda dont. i mean, you non-haters DID come in here of your own accord... its not like you were forced. i know i wasnt. i was curious. so i came in. and i TRY not to tread on anyone's toes... figuratively, anyway. I HAVE read the books, and i dont dislike them for any of the reasons you said. im going to leave it at that.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose  | 37 comments We're not (or at least, I'm not) trying to force you to like the books... I just wanted to know why you didn't already. Not everybody has the same taste, you know.
lol.... Morgan, what do you mean they don't agree with their own opinion? lol...

message 4: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) I like them. I just see the plusses AND minusses of the books. And Morgan, of course we don't all agree on our different opinions of the book. It's not like people have decided Harry Potter sucks because he's a boy. Or at least, I doubt there are too many with that reason, if any. And i never said anyone was trying to make me like the books.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "I like them. I just see the plusses AND minusses of the books. And Morgan, of course we don't all agree on our different opinions of the book. It's not like people have decided Harry Potter sucks b..."

So, um, out of curiosity, what are the minuses in the books for you? I am a proud fan, and I joined because I am simply curious about why people dislike this series.

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Well, on a literary level, the writing style and such isn't overly advanced, so I don't get improvement ideas out of reading them. On a more content level, Harry is always getting out of trouble because he was doing something "for the right reasons." That can send a really bad message to kids, if you're not careful.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "Well, on a literary level, the writing style and such isn't overly advanced, so I don't get improvement ideas out of reading them. On a more content level, Harry is always getting out of trouble be..."

Well then, parents should talk it over with their kids. That would be AMAZING! To sit down and say: "Harry did this and this. Do you think that was good behavior of him? Why not? Do you think he should have gotten in trouble? Would you ever do that?"

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Okay, so it could be used as a teaching tool. ... You know, that's actually a really good idea... *thoughtful* I guess it's kind of like video games, in a way. Bad examples don't make it not enjoyable... :P

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "Okay, so it could be used as a teaching tool. ... You know, that's actually a really good idea... *thoughtful* I guess it's kind of like video games, in a way. Bad examples don't make it not enjoya..."

Exactly! And that's why I think she wrote it how she did! So kids and parents could bond over a book and learn about behavior!!!

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) No, I really don't think that was Rowling's purpose in writing Harry Potter. Example. Have you ever read The Giver, by Joan Lowrey Nixon? She just wanted to write a book where the world had no colors. It turned into a seriously political-type story. An author's intention can be COMPLETELY misconstrued by their fan-base.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "No, I really don't think that was Rowling's purpose in writing Harry Potter. Example. Have you ever read The Giver, by Joan Lowrey Nixon? She just wanted to write a book where the world had no colo..."

No not the whole reason, but why she made Harry so...sneaky...

message 12: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) I have a feeling that was just a bit of Harry's character and who he was. I mean, he had to tiptoe around the Dursleys, who were basically abusive, so that he didn't get in trouble. He'd have to be sneaky.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "I have a feeling that was just a bit of Harry's character and who he was. I mean, he had to tiptoe around the Dursleys, who were basically abusive, so that he didn't get in trouble. He'd have to be..."

Hmmmm..... good point....

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Hey, I gotta have them once in a while. ;)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Rockhound wrote: "Hey, I gotta have them once in a while. ;)"

Well, it was bond to happen at some point. :D

message 16: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) LOL, Oh gee thanks. ;)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

You're welcome! Well, I'd better go eat lunch. I've been on here for about 2 hours. I have to clean the house today, also. My baby sis' baptism is this Sunday and we're having all of the family over. See you guys later!!!

message 18: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) Have fun Ella! Good luck with cleaning the house and such.

message 19: by Savita (new)

Savita (haltranger) Meat heads? Really?

message 20: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) I find it REALLY funny if you find that offensive and are a lover of Harry Potter, Savita. She was insulting the haters of the group.