City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) City of Heavenly Fire discussion

Who do you think is going to die in City of Heavely Fire?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 3,571) (3571 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 71 72

message 1: by Suzanna (new) - added it

Suzanna Hoang Cassandra Clare has mentioned a few times that one of the main characters will die in the last book. :'( Who do you think it will be and why? I can't imagine life without one of our beloved characters as I am still recovering over Max's death.

While we're at it, who do you think is going to die in Clockwork Princess? I'm sure Cassandra Clare quite enjoys being a sadist, but personally, it's just pure torture for me. I don't see why she had to kill a main character in the last book of both series! Can't she show a little mercy? I can only imagine how the Dark Artifices will turn out.

So, theories? Guesses?

Alex I'm pretty positive it will be Clary's brother.

Eva Inevitable Alex wrote: "I'm pretty positive it will be Clary's brother."

i seriously hope it's just him

message 4: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Hmmm, i hope it's Sebastian but from the blurb of the Dark Artifacts it says: "The best shadowhunter since Jace Herondale

Excuse me? since! What the hell is that meant to mean!?!?!?

Eva Inevitable hmmm I'm thinking it might be Jace...

message 6: by Suzanna (new) - added it

Suzanna Hoang I will bawl my eyes out if Jace dies :'( Then that would just leave a sad and lonely life for Clary... and I don't think his friends/family would easily get over that kind of tragedy. I'm fine if Sebastian dies, I think I'll actually be pretty stoked, but I feel like it wouldn't be that obvious of a death. Expect the unexpected...

Alex I think Clare would have a lot of angry fans if she killed off Jace lol

message 8: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Alex wrote: "I think Clare would have a lot of angry fans if she killed off Jace lol"

Haha, agreed.

message 10: by Fae (new)

Fae LolzAngelxxxx wrote: "hmmm I'm thinking it might be Jace..."

Unfortunately, since i read the single thread of info Clare let out about the Artifices, i was thinking of the fact you can't be a legend and still alive, not really, so the black dread about Jace's future hit me at once, strengthened by the hints strewn in the books that the Lady in Black seems to have as much as a thing for him as all his other fans. I seriously hope she leaves the 2 TMI mains alone and with a happy ending ( no offence meant to Simon's fans, i adore him, yet i can't love him more than i do Jace and that translates into he must get a happily ever after with Clary-as annoying as she might sometimes be-); i didn't even bother with TID since it has tragedy written all over it, so i'm praying she keeps my fave Herondale good and well, otherwise i might disagree with the "very angry fans" statement and add she'll prolly commit writer's suicide, by cancelling most, if not all, her fanbase and therefore TDA...killing off a main in TID and upsetting his fans, also destroying the other couple possibility, while doing the same with Jace in TMI would deffinetly result in very bad reception of her eventually categorized as jumping-the-horse dramatic/tragic writing and chasing away lots of ppl who read YA books mostly for the "closer to reality than fairytales story" and its cheering effect on the psyche or just for entertainement and a dose of endorfine while taking a break from the serious/more mature books(IMHO). Not saying anything against YA literature quality/i'm not taking it for children's literature, God knows there are more than enough excellently written stories that base their succes fairly on the bitter or bitter-sweet subject and conclusion, yet writers need to understand you don't need to go to extremes to have a very well loved/appreciated book(series) out there. A well written story that is neither Romeo and Juliet, nor Twilight works perfectly for me and i bet for many others too ( i must say i'm an adult that sometimes needs to get off "the deep morale ensued out of tragedy train" and just enjoy a slightly dark yet hopeful narrative yet CC is about to ruin it completely for me by hinting at the demise of her best loved character out of her most appraised book series). I shall end my rant by repeating i seriously hope she's wiser than shredding her fanbase to maybe less than 1/4 of the present one, she's clearly pointed through her actions she's not writing these books just to make an artistic(literary) statement-no idea if this makes any sense-she's threatening with being repetitive and this bothers me way more than any other slight slip-ups in her work i was able to overcome due to its more "charming features"(idk how to otherwise put it). So yeah, I had to get it off my chest, should've better done this through a more elegant message directed at her, yet ik it would be useless, sorry for doing it in this thread, as a reply to a single line that managed to stay on the matter!Rant/Raving over

Eva Inevitable Fae wrote: "LolzAngelxxxx wrote: "hmmm I'm thinking it might be Jace..."

Unfortunately, since i read the single thread of info Clare let out about the Artifices, i was thinking of the fact you can't be a lege..."

No problem :) we are all intitled to a rant ;)

message 12: by Olga (last edited Sep 13, 2012 09:28PM) (new)

Olga Fae wrote: "LolzAngelxxxx wrote: "hmmm I'm thinking it might be Jace..."

Unfortunately, since i read the single thread of info Clare let out about the Artifices, i was thinking of the fact you can't be a lege..."

I agree. I really hope she doesn't kill off Jace. Like you said, she'd be KILLING her fan base by killing off one her fan's all time favorite characters as well as her fans #1 favorite couple! She'd seriously just be staking herself in the chest. If anything, I'm hoping that somehow Alec ends up dying - wait for it! I'm going somewhere here! - and the only to save him is by transforming him into a vampire. So therefore he and Magnus would have to resolve their problems once and for all - and GET BACK TOGETHER! Or maybe Isabelle so she can be with Simon? One or the other. But yes, if anybody, I hope to GOD that CC is wiser than killing off Jace. She'd just be shooting her success in the foot doing that! Also you just can't put him and Clary through EVERYTHING they've barely survived together - the presumed incest, the jealousy seeing them with other people, Valentine, Jace's ongoing two book long possession, Sebastian - all for NOTHING! That's just TOO cruel for my taste and plus...she'd just be seriously pissing off her fans by doing something like that. So, let's all hope she knows better than to just shoot her career in the head than killing off Jace.

Maxine i really hope sebastian wont die!! i mean what the hell?! yes he's a psycho and really creepy but it was valentine's fault he's a demon! so please!! dont let sebastian die!!!!

message 14: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Maxine wrote: "i really hope sebastian wont die!! i mean what the hell?! yes he's a psycho and really creepy but it was valentine's fault he's a demon! so please!! dont let sebastian die!!!!"

Yeah. But i think we all know that he will. But i love him in that totally-hot-psycho way ;)

message 15: by Gigi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gigi Gabby wrote: "Maxine wrote: "i really hope sebastian wont die!! i mean what the hell?! yes he's a psycho and really creepy but it was valentine's fault he's a demon! so please!! dont let sebastian die!!!!"

Yeah..."

Oh My God same i love sebastian he's like the best...evil guy, but he's not that evil, i dont think he really deserves to die anyway.

message 16: by Sihem123 (last edited Oct 26, 2012 10:26AM) (new)

Sihem123 My favourite characters in the book series are Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood. I have a feeling that Alec will die off and leave Magnus Bane heart broken!! Either that or something bad will happen to Magnus oh who I am I kidding I am so paranoid!! D: Please nooo!!!!!

Maybe Simon or Sebastian will die instead!! D:

I'm aggreeing with Olga !!!

message 17: by Gigi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gigi omg i would laugh is Jace died - like for real this time! He was alright in the first 3 books - he kinda annoys me now!

But I think either - Joclyen (can't spell),Magnus, Alec and Luke beacuse he loves Clary and Joclyen so he might die to save them or summin

message 18: by Emmet (new)

Emmet Alexander I think Sebastian will obviously die. Then -I hate to even think about it- Alec is like... the perfect target. I really hope he ends up as a vampire.
For the rest, I think it's between Luke and Simon, so maybe Isabelle would end up with the Iron Sisters. I would personally kill Maia, I can't stand her, don't ask why.

Crysta DenOuden I don't want Sebastian to die!! I really, really don't! I mean, I know he's sort of evil, but Cassie can't kill him!! Kill someone else! Like... Like Jordan or someone who's not important! But she can't kill Sebastian! I will seriously die if she kills him.
Or Clary. She can't kill her either. Or Simon. Or Alec. Or Magnus.
But.... I have a horrible, horrible feeling that Jace is going to die. I mean come on, she kind of dropped a HUGE spoiler in Lady Midnight's description.
"The best shadowhunter SINCE Jace Herondale."
So... There's your confirmation right there. I will probably cry for days if she does kill Jace...I'm already sobbing at the thought!!
Okay... So I really hope Cassie is going to just totally surprise us and end up saying that Clary is actually Luke's, NOT VALENTINES, daughter. That would be like so, so awesome, because then Clary could totally be with Sebastian...
Okay... So that's what I think. :p
I love Sebastian
Forever

Taryn Maxine wrote: "i really hope sebastian wont die!! i mean what the hell?! yes he's a psycho and really creepy but it was valentine's fault he's a demon! so please!! dont let sebastian die!!!!"

SHIT!!! Honestly, I think he will die, but I don't want him to. He seems really hot, and honestly I think he would've been okay if he had a mother. I mean he had f****** Valentine as a father. Who does Jocelyn think she is, hating Sebastian before he was even born. I mean give the kid a break.

If you haven't figured this out by now... I love Sebastian. Forever. And Ever.

Taryn Crysta wrote: "I don't want Sebastian to die!! I really, really don't! I mean, I know he's sort of evil, but Cassie can't kill him!! Kill someone else! Like... Like Jordan or someone who's not important! But she ..."

Ummm... Clare can kill of Clary if she wants, 'cause I certainly won't miss her. What a stupid, stupid b****. Who likes her anyway. She can't do anything other than pine over Jace. "Oh Jace... why aren't you talking to me???" Ummm... if I wanted an idiot girl blabbering on like this, I would've picked up a stupid book... like the House Of Night or something. My favourite Clary scene was when Luke was pissed of at her in the 3rd book, when she just HAD to go to Idris. Man... that was awesome. Luke totally said what I wanted to say. And Isabelle... MAN!!! When she told Sebastian to let Clary go, because she does whatever she wants. I wanted to start laughing. And right after that when Clary caught Jace kissing that other girl... I laughed and squealed at the same time. Too bad Clary's f****** heart wasn't broken forever.

Taryn Gabrielle wrote: "omg i would laugh is Jace died - like for real this time! He was alright in the first 3 books - he kinda annoys me now!

But I think either - Joclyen (can't spell),Magnus, Alec and Luke beacuse he ..."

Yeah... Jace is pretty stupid now too. He and Clary, the perfect couple. Both are idiots. Both make me want to punch something. Both probably can't do anything useful anymore. But I absolutely love all the other characters (though I'm a bit iffy about Jocelyn 'cause of the whole Sebastian thing) I love ALec and Magnus... soooo cute together!!! And Simon, Isabelle, Luke, Sebastian. Jordan and Mia are cute too

message 23: by Gigi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gigi Crysta wrote: "I don't want Sebastian to die!! I really, really don't! I mean, I know he's sort of evil, but Cassie can't kill him!! Kill someone else! Like... Like Jordan or someone who's not important! But she ..."

Same!! He's the best ever - i think hes got a good personality underneth I really dont think he's evil.

I dont think he will die beacuse Clare like to shake things up and it would be to predicable if he did xx

Does sebastine even have a fan base - i think he deserves one!

lol x

Megankatherine Honestly, I'll probably cry and abandon all hope of having a decent life if Jace dies in COHF. What I think is going to happen is either Alec or Simon is going to die; and of course, there some part of me that's thinking it might be jace.

Alec: he's probably going to end up dying and, at the last second, getting things all patched up with Magnus. As tragic as that will be, It's a possibility.

Simon: The mark of cain is gone, and he's the type of person who's going to do something to try and protect Izzy or Clary, and end up dying in the process.

Jace: As he is my favourite character, I'm worried it'll be him. Cassandra Clare released that Clary/Jace will not be getting married or having children when they're older- that leaves to think that maybe his death prevents them from doing that. Another thing is, that Jace has died 397023975 times already (and by that, I mean he's died twice). Everything so far has happened because he died- so I have a feeling that to restore all of the balance and such, it might be him that goes.

message 25: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena A I don't know why but my first thought was Magnus......But maybe it just might be Isabelle or Alec.....Oh wait maybe Simon o:........but I don't think Clary or Jace will die.Or else Cassandra would've wrote SIX books for NOTHING!

message 26: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Magnus. A thousand times Magnus. It kills me, because I love him oh-so-much, but...

Well, put it this way. Alec is the perfect target, everyone knows that. It's too obvious. When does Cassie Clare ever do what's expected of her? How ironic would it be if, after all this talk of making Alec immortal and Alec dying while Magnus staying behind etc etc etc, Magnus was the one to bite the dust first? So, yeah, I'm pretty sure Magnus is gonna bite the dust.

D: D: D:

(also, I'd be disappointed if she killed off Jace, because we've already been through the whole 'omg Jace is dead' ordeal two books ago, so what's the point of a replay?)

message 27: by Katrina (new) - added it

Katrina i think its probably jace, since it would be weird if he lives even after he died like a billion times....
but that SUCKS becuz jace is my favorite all time character, and i LOVE him!!!
but i think it would be an interesting book if he did die, and im pretty sure it will be him. AGH I LOVE THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTSSS!!!!!!!!!

Sophie I think Sebastian is as good as dead.

:)

Good times

Anthi She can't kill Jace! No one can kill my Jace!NOOOOOO. She can kill Sebastian :D or Maya and Jordan. She can even kill Clary's annoying mother for all I care but Jace deserves a happy ending

Georgia SHE CAN"T KILL JACE he already has died! and personally i don't like to admit it but when that happened i went crazy more crazy than i already am and i am not going through that again or i will personally start a revolution where we all force her to write the right ending aka sebastian dies! because that is what he deserves!
plus Jace is kinda the only reason i read it ...
and i will hate cassandra clare
2014! there is something wrong with her and her publishers i will help her facepalm herself she needs it then she will change the publication date

Georgia Megankatherine wrote: "Honestly, I'll probably cry and abandon all hope of having a decent life if Jace dies in COHF. What I think is going to happen is either Alec or Simon is going to die; and of course, there some par..."

he better come back again like the other times

message 32: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Lisa wrote: "Magnus. A thousand times Magnus. It kills me, because I love him oh-so-much, but...

Well, put it this way. Alec is the perfect target, everyone knows that. It's too obvious. When does Cassie Clare..."

I know. We should have a poll or something and the least expected one would....kick the bucket :P

Angel I think Magnus is not going to die but become mortal for Alec....Simon is probably do something stupid and maybe die....and Clary and Jace better not die....Maybe Jordan and Maia will die in each others arms and one of the parents will die....Sebastian better die but maybe kill someone in the last second...sorry im rambling but im thinking alot now...

message 34: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Snm wrote: "I think Magnus is not going to die but become mortal for Alec....Simon is probably do something stupid and maybe die....and Clary and Jace better not die....Maybe Jordan and Maia will die in each o..."

Arrg, you've got me confused again!

Angel sorry...my mind is a maze

Angel Sebastian: die but kill someone at last second
Simon: do something stupid, maybe get killed
Clary + Jace: better not die
Alec: will NOT be a vampire
Magnus: become mortal for Alec
Jordan/Maia/one of the parents: its fine if they die

Eva Inevitable Let's throw a spanner into the works. What if it's Tessa? She somehow dies or maybe Jace

Angel who is tessa again??? wasnt she in Clockwork Angel not the Mortal Instruments???

message 39: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Eva wrote: "Let's throw a spanner into the works. What if it's Tessa? She somehow dies or maybe Jace"

Tessa!!! Huh. Interesting. Well, I still think that her and Mag' are half-siblings, so maybe something will happen with their dad?

message 40: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa If anyone gets my drift...

Angel who is tessa???!!!!

Angel Eva wrote: "Alex wrote: "I'm pretty positive it will be Clary's brother."

i seriously hope it's just him"

On Cassandra's website she said she'll probably kill off 3 or 4 people....

Angel where is tessa in the mortal instruments books (please tell me all the places)....

message 44: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena A Tessa is in the Infernal Devices(: Not the Mortal Instruments.

message 45: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Lisa wrote: "Eva wrote: "Let's throw a spanner into the works. What if it's Tessa? She somehow dies or maybe Jace"

Tessa!!! Huh. Interesting. Well, I still think that her and Mag' are half-siblings, so maybe s..."

I so think the same thing.

message 46: by Gabby (new) - added it

Gabby Snm wrote: "where is tessa in the mortal instruments books (please tell me all the places)...."

Selena wrote: "Tessa is in the Infernal Devices(: Not the Mortal Instruments."

Actually she was talking to Magnus in City of Glass :)

message 47: by Selena (new) - added it

Selena A Oh she was?(: Hmm ! I must've forgotten(: lol thanks.

Angel thanks!!!

Eva Inevitable Selena wrote: "Tessa is in the Infernal Devices(: Not the Mortal Instruments."

she appears in City Of Glass briefly and Tessa is said to be immortal afterall...

Eva Inevitable Lisa wrote: "Eva wrote: "Let's throw a spanner into the works. What if it's Tessa? She somehow dies or maybe Jace"

Tessa!!! Huh. Interesting. Well, I still think that her and Mag' are half-siblings, so maybe s..."

hmmmm interesting :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 71 72

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Heavenly Fire (other topics)