The Trench discussion

More Harm Than Good

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Varmint (last edited Jan 26, 2009 09:56PM) (new)

Varmint | 208 comments i divide them into sub categories... you all are welcome to nominate your own irritants.

weird and obnoxious, michael savage

the sacrificial victim, elizabeth hasslebeck

will say anything a host wants to hear just so they can be on tv, too many names come to mind.

backstabbers, peggy noonan

too long in the beltway, george will

swinging dick, bill oreilly

promotes bizarre conspiracy, birth certificate, theories that waste our time, joe farah

inexplicable idiocy, john mccain

not a bad guy, but there are 100 people who deserve a tv show more, glen beck

might actually be a tiny bit racist, pat buchannon

gives me the creeps, mike huckabee

like any good republican, i began an enemies list after the election. the easiest way to get on the list was to be a republican who blamed palin for the defeat.

message 2: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments my voter registration card still says libertarian, but i have been mostly voting republican for years.

i see clips of the view on other shows. hasslebeck means well, but simply cannot stand up to the other sea hags. she is a punching bag, and should be replaced debbie schlussel or pamela gellar.

message 3: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments they have tape of peggy on an msnbc roundtable. during the show she's all nice about the republican campaign. but the minute they cut to commercial, she got all bitchy about sarah palin.

of course they ran with this the next day.

i recognize all of o'reilly's flaws. but i still watch him.

it's you all's turn to nominate a few for excommunication. we've got about two years before the next campaign begins. time to clean out the party.

message 4: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 17 comments If you are an intelligent Republican the left will go after you with a viciousness. I saw it done to Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Trent Lott and Jesse Helms for example. Then the media will give you Peggy Noonan and her likes to tell you what Republicans think. George Will is the exception only because he was been around so long.

message 5: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 17 comments Vicki, he is the brightest Republican out there. He made the mistake of going after Speaker Jim Wright and when he made Speaker the democrats went after him because he was so sharp. The "Contract with America" was a brilliant political move.

message 6: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments newt is still one of the smartest guys around. but his lack of self control doomed him, and ultimately screwed the country. the double standard sucks. i wish sometimes that i was a a democrat, and could just support an accused rapist. but that's not the way things work.

if a guy cannot control his dick, then he either needs to confine himself to background jobs, or stay out of the game all together.

message 7: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments

but if we apply this absolute moral standard, what about rush? i really don't think we can afford to lose him right now.

message 8: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments That is up to us - we need to be the deciding factor when it comes to what sources of info we draw upon. We need to defend these sources, and defend loudly.

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
I think this leads back to my original reason for opening this forum. The repubs need to re-invent themselves. Our message is falling on def ears. We talk about the moral high ground, we talk about personal pride, we talk about achievement. But in today's America these are things that are no longer held in high regard, the youth of this country has been indoctrinated through the public/private school system to believe nothing is sacred, nothing is important. It is all about instant gratification, what makes me "feel" good today right now. Why get a job when I can go on welfare and drive a cadillac.

The dems prey on the weak of mind, and those of questionable moral fiber. I don' think I need to demonstrate that there are more of them then us; and their numbers are growing more and more every day. So how does the conservative minded folks re-invent the delivery of the message without becoming dems with a different name.

I will be honest; as of late I have been thinking a lot about Ayn Rand, and Atlas Shrugged. I might be going on a permanent sabbatical from the world soon.
:Every time I am forced to keep dead weight on the clock at work

: every time my taxes go up, to "give" what's mine to someone else in "need"

:Every time I hear about some new entitlement program.

:teachers who claim their school districts are money starved and that is the reason their students are failing, never mind that we spend more per student then any other country on the planet.

eh, let me get off my soap box.

message 10: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments hear rumors of at least two more "larry craigs" at the congressional level. the fact that these guys haven't got their lives in order, or been asked to leave tells me that the republican party isn't serious.

i suppose we could have a gay republican. the one guy i'm thinking of has a good voting record. but as long as he has the double life, he's a timebomb.

message 11: by Not Bill (last edited Feb 11, 2009 01:07PM) (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments Term limits. Congress - both houses - needs to be term limited. The establishment of a permanently ensconced ruling elite was anathema to what the founding fathers intended. We almost had it with the '94 Repubs. With the impending Porkulus disaster and the fact that it is purely Pelosi's Congressional Frankenstein, we may have another chance very soon.