Daily Diary discussion

DON'T FORGET: NO TV WEEK NEXT MONDAY

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
Don't forget; we're going to try to go a week without tv starting Monday, Feb. 2nd (the day after the super bowl). No rules..you can dvr what you missed, etc. Try to journal how your week is going either here or at the group daily diary. Looking forward to it. :)

Ed

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Next week......but thats the supper bowl....

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Oh never mid i didn't read your post Sorry!!

message 4: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
Sounds great! Looking forward to it. There are no set rules but I think most of us will start the day after the super bowl. :)

message 5: by Khulood (new)

Khulood I'm going to do it ^_^ TV takes so much of my evenings that I would want to do other stuff! lol yes, I'm an addict.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina (honey1977) | 2 comments I'm doing it ,too. But what are the rules if there's a five-year old in the house? And only one TV-Set???? Am I going to be punished if he still watches his favorite kids shows ;)???? I don't think so really, because the Power Ranger Mystic Force are so not my type of movie....lol! I'm going to read while he's watching his stuff....

message 7: by Mayra (last edited Jan 27, 2009 01:37PM) (new)

Mayra Villavicencio (gizel) | 2 comments My family and I are doing the challenge and we are very excited!!!!

message 8: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
I'm excited. Remember to try to let us know how the week is going here at the daily diary. :)

message 9: by Dawn Michelle (new)

Dawn Michelle So I have started. Right now I am trying to avoid looking at the TV while the husband has the news on. He watches it before he goes to work to see how the roads etc are. But he does have it muted so I won't be distracted by it. And he has decided to go a week as well with me (minus the news). We shall see how this goes.

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim | 41 comments I didn't watch the local news this morning and for a while as I was getting dressed I didn't have the radio on

the silence was golden

message 11: by Jim (last edited Feb 02, 2009 09:27AM) (new)

Jim | 41 comments to Debra
makes it a lot easier doesn't it

at least You're not tempted and tested like the rest of us

message 12: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
So far so good. :)

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne (annecurrin) | 17 comments I will be starting my reading with no TV around 9pm today. I'm working on a project, but dying to get to my book!

message 14: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments Okay...today was a beautiful day to start the week with no TV...the weather was unseasonably warm...so the twins and I had some serious outside fun time...we stayed at the playground WAY longer than we usually do in the winter weather...so today without the TV is A-OK with me :-)

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 53 comments Yesterday without TV was nice. The weather in Poland was rather depressing, but I engaged myself with reading books.

message 16: by Ahoo (new)

Ahoo | 3 comments I was really board and tired today,I felt I really need wasting time by TV series. But then I thought how shame I will be at the end of the week, when I read everyones feedback!
I'm studying now :)

message 17: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments Well...today it's snowing in NJ...we're waiting and hoping it sticks so we can go out and play...but it's not sticking much...I've played around on Facebook for a while...I've checked my e-mails...I've played with the twins and their hot wheel cars...we've played on the Thomas and friend's play table...we played a game of Let's Go Fishing...and the twins played on the computer...while I read my book...and now I'm posting this note...it's not so bad...so far...the twins haven't even complained, yet...I'm hangin' in there...LOL

message 18: by BumbleBrie (new)

BumbleBrie Bourn (blktoast) | 9 comments I have utterly failed at even TRYING to go without TV. Maybe in the Turnoff Weeks 2009: April 20th - 26th and(/or?) September 20th - 26th

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 41 comments blktoast wrote: "I have utterly failed at even TRYING to go without TV. Maybe in the Turnoff Weeks 2009: April 20th - 26th and(/or?) September 20th - 26th "

it's only Tuesday

message 20: by BumbleBrie (new)

BumbleBrie Bourn (blktoast) | 9 comments Yes, it maybe only Tuesday, but I know myself!

message 21: by Ed (new)

Ed | 237 comments Mod
If you didn't turn it off; no problem: start today. Or April.

I've had it off and so far it's been somewhat blissful...of course the outside world is still full of traffic and stress. :)

message 22: by Paul (new)

Paul (themessenger) I wanna try a no computer and email week. I think I may die though.

message 23: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments Good Luck with that one,Paul...you'd be on your own...because I would DEFINITELY fall of the wagon early...that's my main source of communication...LOL...how sad is that ;-)

message 24: by BumbleBrie (new)

BumbleBrie Bourn (blktoast) | 9 comments No, it's not sad; I can't talk, and I pretty much get through life through email or text messages!

message 25: by Jim (new)

Jim | 41 comments Paul
You can't be serious.

with TV, there's no back and forth -it's a passive form of "entertainment"
computer/email is at least an active 2 way form of communication
not as good as person-to-person unless blktost

it's day 3 and so far it's been great without TV on
I don't have cable/satellite and only get 2 stations and not very good reception at that but even that is intrusive and easy to turn on and not really think/do anything/read
ilk

message 26: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments I can't believe I made it through another day without TV...and the natives haven't rebelled...LOL...the kids are hanging in there...pray for me...I'm scared...they may be plotting a revolt...LOL

message 27: by BumbleBrie (new)

BumbleBrie Bourn (blktoast) | 9 comments Shawnette wrote: "I can't believe I made it through another day without TV...and the natives haven't rebelled...LOL...the kids are hanging in there...pray for me...I'm scared...they may be plotting a revolt...LOL"

Good luck!

message 28: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments blktoast wrote: "Shawnette wrote: "I can't believe I made it through another day without TV...and the natives haven't rebelled...LOL...the kids are hanging in there...pray for me...I'm scared...they may be plotting..."

Thanks...I'll need it :-)

message 29: by Paul (new)

Paul (themessenger) I haven't watched tv in about 3 years now best thing i ever did but sometimes I wanna go Thoreau and give everything up and go live in the woods.

message 30: by Anne (new)

Anne (annecurrin) | 17 comments Last night was very easy....lots going on in my family (great stuff, new baby boy on the way, etc, so was on the phone a lot. But finished a book I've been reading for a while.

message 31: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments I must admit...it's not so bad this no TV week...even the kids seem to be enjoying the extra mommy time...we've played games...read stories...colored...listen to lots and lots of music...we've just had fun entertaining ourselves :-)

message 32: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (chaoscat60) | 37 comments I think giving up the computer would be worse! Mine broke down over the summer and I had been told 2 weeks for repairs since everyone's computers crashed to a nasty virus. I swiped my son's computer!!

message 33: by SassyMama (new)

SassyMama (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 8 comments Yeah, Cheryl...I TOTALLY agree with you...I think if my computer crashed or if I had to give it up...I wouldn't be able to function...LOL