Movies We've Just Watched discussion

DON'T FORGET: NO TV WEEK NEXT MONDAY

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
Don't forget; we're going to try to go a week without tv starting Monday, Feb. 2nd (the day after the super bowl). No rules..you can dvr what you missed, etc. Try to journal how your week is going either here or at the group daily diary. Looking forward to it. :)

Ed

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10700 comments no worries...it's kind of a non-issue for me, since i don't watch television anyway. and i have several composition deadlines coming up, so i'll probably be buried in work anyway.

i suppose we could "journal" here on this thread....

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
That sounds great. :)

message 4: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 469 comments Why!!!!!!

message 5: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
Just to see what a week without tv would be like...no set rules...if you want to watch a movie, go ahead. I remember during the summer when our family spent time in several national parks how nice it was without a tv...I want to go a week without tv and see what it would be like.

message 6: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 469 comments I thought perhaps it was to protest something or promote something.

Yes, I've gone without TV several times.
When I was in college, I was invited to a friend's cabin in lake Tahoe for a week. They had warned me there was no TV, so a I purchased a few books to read in the evenings.

I dont remember feeling too deprived. There was plenty of good conversation and yes I did enjoy my books.

message 7: by Ed (new)

Ed | 219 comments Mod
That's what I'm seeking. :)